News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

accident at wicked tonight- Page 2

accident at wicked tonight

wickedmenzel318 Profile Photo
wickedmenzel318
#25re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:39am

That is not true the trap door is still there just not on tour. I can promise you Stephanie did not get hurt by any other way than just the trap. What did she do then?

wickedmenzel318
#26re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:39am

Double post
Updated On: 12/14/07 at 11:39 AM

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#27re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:41am

boo ya! and a girl named "wickedmenzel" would know.

fsuchris
#28re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:42am

Updated On: 12/15/07 at 11:42 AM

wickedmenzel318
#29re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:45am

If this is true, then what did Stephanie do to hurt herself?
And Brian I am a boy and even though I do not post all the time, I am on this board a lot. So do make it seem like I could not know anything.
Updated On: 12/14/07 at 11:45 AM

Elphie3 Profile Photo
Elphie3
#30re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:47am

No - there is a trap door involved in the melting Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACfEAEbnB6U

Madame Morrible: "So you take the chicken, now it must be a white chicken. The corpse can be any color. And that is the spell for lost luggage!" - The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken

Tiny_Dancer Profile Photo
Tiny_Dancer
#31re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:49am

I am going to back fsuchris on this. He told you all that he can. It was a traffic issue, not the trap door.

Do Something!!!! www.one.org

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#32re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:51am

You'd think hardcore Wicked fans would know this! The trap door isn't used when she melts. It's used afterward. I haven't seen the show in over three years and I remember that. Oy.

Anyway, I wish Stephanie all the best.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#33re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:55am

I'm so glad she is OK!

white guy Profile Photo
white guy
#34re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:28pm

this is what happened.

her hand was hit in a traffic accident by a spear/staff from one of the guards.

it was badly injured and she was a total pro to finish the show. she was hurt and really crying audibly in sebastian's arms...leaving the show. she was in such pain, she did not take a bow. that's a first...well, a 2nd. maybe.

what a pro to finish. shows can be so dangerous...good that such an accident wasn't any worse.

Eos Profile Photo
Eos
#35re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:33pm

Here's hoping she recovers soon.
There's a nice interview with her in Playbill today, by the way!
Diva Talk

The Overture is part of the show, people. Please shut your pie hole.

bardolator
#36re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 12:41pm

"I can promise you Stephanie did not get hurt by any other way than just the trap."
No offense, wickedmenzel, but unless you were there, or are involved with the show, or are a personal friend whom she told herself, you really can't "promise" this. fsuchris says he has said all he could--we should respect that. Plus, why do we really *need* to know anything other than that it wasn't serious?

(BTW--fsuchris, I'm assuming your username means you're from my alma mater. re: accident at wicked tonight)

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#37re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:17pm

I'm glad to hear Stephanie is okay. I hope she is back on the stage at the Gershwin very soon.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#38re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 1:40pm

Ouch! Did she break her hand? I hope she has a speedy recovery, and thanks for the update.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#39re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:09pm

No, she didn't break anything

don't read too much into white guy's description of "badly injured". Not to downplay what happened but thank goodness it isn't too serious. She'll be just fine.

obsessedjb Profile Photo
obsessedjb
#40re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:13pm

Any word on whether or not she'll be in the show tonight?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#41re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:54pm

It was a traffic incident.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Gypsy9 Profile Photo
Gypsy9
#42re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 2:55pm

Reading about this accident possibly caused by the trap door reminds me of the accident on the set of the Wizard of Oz film.
Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch of the West was about to "disappear" in a ball of fire in Munchkin Land. There was a sliding trap door and an elevator of sorts which was supposed to drop Hamilton below the sound stage safely in a burst of smoke, after which there is a ball of fire. Well, the ball of fire came too soon and badly burned Hamilton who was out of the film for weeks while she recuperated. The green coating on Hamilton's hands caught fire, making the experience very painful. The scene that appears in the film was the first take which went perfectly. The second take was made after a lunch break as "insurance" of the scene, and that second take was when the accident took place. The fire ball scene, as effective as it was, was not used again in the film, for obvious reasons.

"Madam Rose...and her daughter...Gypsy!"

scot Profile Photo
scot
#43re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 3:25pm

Gosh...the drama here!
Trap door, no trap door...
theater is serious work.
Accidents happen. I'm just
glad SJB is ok. She's one
of the best to play this
part. Had she been lead when
it opened, she would have
had the Tony...hands down!

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#44re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 3:30pm

Stephanie is fine, but will be out of the show tonight to rest up.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#45re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 3:35pm

Actually what really happened is that Idina got angry that Stephanie was doing such a good job, and she paid one of the chorus members to stab Stephanie, but Stephanie is a quick one so they missed and only got her hand.

me2 Profile Photo
me2
#46re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 4:43pm

Hey Eos,

Thanks for the link. That is a great interview. I love reading interviews with Block because she's so intelligent and has such great insights. I bet she's a very fascinating person to know.
Broadway Blog: Take a Chance On Me (Thoughts on the Mamma Mia! Movie)

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#47re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:30pm

For those who think that in theatre ONLY trap doors are problems; and I know it's not all of you. But, come one, there are so many ways actors get hurt in all sorts of shows.

I have an injury for every show I've ever done! Of course, I am a clutz and that makes sense. A set piece was moved and hit me in the mouth, during blackout -- gave me a fat lip; tripping in the dark (happens to any actor at any given time); a dance number and someone kicks or swings too far or you didn't keep your space far enough away, prop malfunctions, costume malfunctions . . . actors sitting on the floor gets hands stepped on by walking actors, twisting an ankle in the middle of a scene, etc., etc.

In short, there's a million different ways to get hurt during live shows . . .

And I am very happy to hear that SJB got through it and is better.

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#48re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:54pm

Stella, that brings a certain figure skating incident to mind....!

Just give the world Love.

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#49re: accident at wicked tonight
Posted: 12/14/07 at 7:31pm

I've gotten hurt plenty of times by various things in shows, too. And no trap doors were involved!

Tripped on my costume and fell down a flight of stairs from the green room once on my way down to the backstage area at one theatre. Got hit on the head by a fly that was coming down and no one said anything about it coming down, so obviously I was kind of really mad at the stagehands around me. Then in my most recent show, it wasn't even anything in the show that hurt me other than the dancing -- I got shin-splints, of all things! Those things hurt like heck... eesh.

Videos