pixeltracker

NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?- Page 2

NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#25re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:01pm

WaitingForKathy, she would make a good Galinda

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#26re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:14pm

i am trying to get tickets for the show before sjb and annaleigh leave. their contract ends in june right?. i am just asking cause i need to save money for disneyworld for the last week of june and also i am going to myrtle beach last week of may. hopefully the internet works this year at myrtle beach. i will be happy if jlt comes back to take the role as g(a)linda....she was terrific in the role and idina was eplhie.

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#27re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 6:22pm

yankees-
When I went and saw the show last month, a person at the stagedoor asked Annaleigh how long she was with the show for, and she said till April.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#28re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 7:42pm

Loved JLT !!!! She was so good !!!

Wouldnt mind seeing Erin Davie as "Galinda" either !

yankees1253
#29re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 7:52pm

broadwayfan7: thanks so much for the info. i am def going to an evening show. its till the end of april annaleigh contract is up?. i could see jlt as galinda and lisa brescia as elphie for the next pairing after aa and sjb.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#30re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 7:58pm

I love Stephanie and I really wish she is still in the show in mid-April, so I'll get a chance to see her !

Trekkie2
#31re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:06pm

Am I the only one who wants LBB to take over? I really enjoy her in LB, and the roles are pretty much the same character wise. Oh, and WaitingForKathy, I think Clay would be amazing as Nessa.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell

bwayguy22089
#32re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:08pm

I would LOVE to see Jennifer Laura Thompson with Stephanie J. Block. That would be awesome. Don't get me wrong I love Annaleigh and think she is a great Glinda too. They better hurry up if they do something like this though. Jen isn't getting any younger

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
sing_dance_love
#33re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:11pm

I thought Jennifer Laura thompson said she wouldn't do the show again. I may be making that up. I don't know.

And how did LBB piss of the Wicked producers?

"...and in a bed."

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#34re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:16pm

I highly doubt JLT will come back. LBB was orginally going to replace Kristin, but apparently she couldn't work out a deal with the producers. I'm pulling for Carmen Cusack and Katie Rose Clarke to come to Broadway.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#35re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:21pm

LBB pissed off the producers? how?

cyril2
#36re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:22pm

kate loprest was a fabulous understudy for glinda in wicked chicago. she should get her shot. don't know why she didn't get the spot last year. you can see her on you tube...

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#37re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:26pm

I'm anxious to hear an “official” announcement on when Annaleigh's and SJB's last days are and also who will be replacing them. When Julia and Kendra left in Oct., weren’t SJB and Annaleigh announced as the new Elphaba/Galinda over the summer, like 3 months beforehand? What I’m trying to say is, when / how far in advance do you think we’ll find out the exact dates for Annaleigh/SJB’s last days? I hope to catch the current b’way cast again in April before they leave and I’m excited to hear news of the new cast.

And I agree that Lisa should be the full-time Elphaba! She’s awesome. And as for Glinda... I keep hearing rumors of Kendra coming back...??

broadwayfan7 Profile Photo
broadwayfan7
#38re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:27pm

Not sure when in April (middle or end) just know sometime that month. Wish I could be of more help.

"Everytime you step on that stage it is somebody's first Broadway show and somebody's last Broadway show. Make it count."

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#39re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:37pm

Gahhh Natalie Weiss is just ridiculously fierce at all times. I don't care if she's in Wicked, just get her on Broadway NOW!

yankees1253
#40re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:59pm

broadwayfan7: thanks again.

legally-popular: not sure when they are going to announce who the next elphie/ glinda are. or if they are going to announce if sjb and aa decide to extend their contracts for the show. basically eveything is up in the air.

i might be getting tixs to see sjb and annaleigh before they leave the show and see an evening performance. most exciting part to see my cousins who work there.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#41re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:04pm

Love Kate !!!

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#42re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 9:08pm

If Jennifer Laura Thompson came back I would actually try and make it back to NYC to see Wicked again.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Videos