NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#1NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:49pm

So who's taking over for Stephanie and Annaleigh? Any word yet? Rumors? Hopes? Post 'em here!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

george95
#2re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:50pm

Didnt they both just start a few months ago?

ashley0139
#2re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 9:51pm

As ridiculous and early as this thread is, Kendra is taking over for Annaleigh.

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#3re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:11pm

why ..?..its enough with kendra..lets get some LBB after she leave blonde...
and lea michele elphie

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#4re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:15pm

I was under the impression that Kendra's return fell through.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#5re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:23pm

I doubt that Laura Bell Bundy would go back to Wicked after starring in an original broadway show. If I remember correctly, she was offered the part when Kristin left, because she was the original stand-by for the role, but turned it down.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

MerMaggieGalinda
#6re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:23pm

If LBB is having trouble with Legally Blonde's score, there is no way that she can sing Wicked again.
Updated On: 1/20/08 at 10:23 PM

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#7re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:24pm

i vote natalie weiss for elphaba.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#8re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:45pm

Laura Bell Bundy didn't turn Glinda down, she messed up any chances of doing the show.
When is Block leaving the show?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

bluetuna
#9re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 10:48pm

Her contract lasts until April, but she can extend until June.

outdamnwench
#10re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:20pm

Yeah, I also heard that the Kendra return fell through, messing up the "original tour cast" thing Kendra and Stephanie wanted.

j'aime_le_theatre Profile Photo
j'aime_le_theatre
#11re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:23pm

i second natalie weiss

LOVE HER!

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#12re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:27pm

I love Natalie but start her on the tour or maybe as a standby. She is young to take over such a demanding role. Maybe even start as a Nessa.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

musicandtemiror
#13re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:28pm

I would love to see Jonathan Groff as Feyero!

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#14re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:29pm

i do hope stephanie and annaleigh both stay through the summer. saw the youtube videos and fell in love with them. i think it should be lisa bresia as elphie and a stand by for glinda.

ShiksaGoddess2 Profile Photo
ShiksaGoddess2
#15re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/20/08 at 11:35pm

I really like Natalie Weiss, and I'd love for her to be Elphaba eventually. I think she should be start off with Nessa first. That'd be awesome. I really think that Lisa Brescia should be Elphaba after SJB.

bwayguy22089
#16re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 12:18am

I agree about Lisa.

dshnookie Profile Photo
dshnookie
#17re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 12:47am

Christina DeCicco as Glinda please. Why cant Kendra move on?

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#18re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:00am

I recently read a rumour on "the forbidden site" (can't remember the clip and link) but it said that when Stephanie and Annaleigh leave, their being replaced by Victoria Matlock and Jennifer Laura Thompson. As I've said, it's a rumour so wether it will happen or not is unknown.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#19re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 8:46am

I thought Bundy messed up any chanes with Wicked when she pissed off the producers.

I think that Kendra isn't moving on because it is a job. Clearly one she is good at other wise they wouldn't be keeping her around this long.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#20re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 3:33pm

I'd definitely be down for some Natalie Weiss action! I wonder if she could hold up for 8 shows a week though. Perhaps as a stand-by first and then get to take over? I think her being cast in Wicked is one of few ways to get me to pay full price for a ticket again.

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

rewritemystory
#21re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 5:09pm

Eh please no LBB. Annaleigh was enough from Blonde. Annaleigh was better pre-LB and LBB was not even that good as a standby. Hate to see what her Glinda looks like now if it's the same case with her.
Besides, there are plenty of deserving people waiting on the wings.

Updated On: 1/21/08 at 05:09 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#22re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 5:11pm

second Jon groff as fiyero..

and i would love for Jennifer Laura Thompson to return to bwar..in WICKED..i was supposed to see thompson in dec 2004 but i hilty (stand by) was on instead

rewritemystory
#23re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 5:46pm

Sorry my wi-fi was acting weird DP.
Edit
I second Jennifer L Thompson but don't see it happening.
Christina and Lisa would be nice.

vvv Ha! Updated On: 1/21/08 at 05:46 PM

WaitingForKathy Profile Photo
WaitingForKathy
#24re: NEW ELPHABA AND GALINDA?
Posted: 1/21/08 at 5:52pm

Why has no one mentioned Clay?

Videos