News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Legally Blonde reality show. Official.- Page 2

Legally Blonde reality show. Official.

TechEverlasting Profile Photo
TechEverlasting
#25re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:36pm

I think they should hold a reality show to replace the score.

"I have got to have some professional music!" - Big Edie

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#26re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:38pm

That's an excellent idea TechEverlasting! OMG, I can't stand the score.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#27re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:39pm

^^^^ you guys are soo hilarious !!! that's the funniest thing I EVER read today..lol!

How about a Reality show just to change EVERYTHING all together..including the concept?

J*

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#28re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:42pm

I hope this reality show casting thing doesn't become the norm. I can't see this scheme resulting in a huge increase in ticket sales. At best, it might provide a temporary boost to the show.

If they absolutly had to go through with this, I think it would've been better for them to use the show to cast the Elle for the tour instead of the Broadway production.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible
Updated On: 1/24/08 at 04:42 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#29re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:43pm

I think they are doing this just to keep the show going... I could be wrong?

J*

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#30re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:44pm

re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

aliciag Profile Photo
aliciag
#31re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:44pm

I have to be honest, when I first read the headline I thought they were casting for the tour... and I thought that could be a decent idea. But like everyone has said... I really hope this does not become a growing trend on Broadway because that would make me really sad.

Grand Motel Profile Photo
Grand Motel
#32re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:54pm

Complete desperation, a slap in Bundy's face for sure and yes, it should have been for the tour. As I've said in other threads, it's such poor timing and useless. No one cares who Elle Woods is now, why would they care who's going to replace her? A much better idea would have been to do this for the touring cast. At least perception wise, it would seem somewhat more fresh.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#33re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 4:59pm

If we're lucky maybe the show will fold before we're subjected to such a desperate measure.

Jonny boy Profile Photo
Jonny boy
#34re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:01pm

Why is it such an awfull thing that more people will be exposed to Broadway? I like the fact that they give people who usually wouldn't have the opportunity to audition the chance to do what they love.
Personally I don't care for L.B. but I dont see what all the fuss is about....

Jane2 Profile Photo
Jane2
#35re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:02pm

They're desperate because....

Is their BO low? Are they in danger of closing?

I haven't followed LB so I'd like to know the situation.

<-----I'M TOTES ROLLING MY EYES

outdamnwench
#36re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:04pm

This has got to suck for Becky Gulsvig the understudy, getting the part she rocks at pulled out from right under her.

MiniMenzel08
#37re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:09pm

I'm not a fan of this reality show thing!!! oh well....

MiniMenzel08
#38re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:09pm

I'm not a fan of this reality show thing!!! oh well....

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#39re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:17pm

Pardon my ignorance.. I really dont read eveything about Laura Bell Bundy but...

Was there a news that she's leaving the show? ..Did I just missed it.

J*

bestfreakinshoes
#40re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:43pm

Jaystarr,

LBB and the other leads (Christian Borle, Orfeh, Kate Shindle, Michael Rupert, etc.) just signed contracts for another six months, which would probably put them at the end of June at the latest.

Updated On: 1/24/08 at 05:43 PM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#41re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:45pm

So its really a slap on her face as one poster would put it.

That's sad! re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.

J*

bestfreakinshoes
#42re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 5:49pm

I'm pretty sure Laura was going to leave then anyway, but I do think it's pretty awful, especially for the rest of the cast. (Michael Rupert has a Tony and now he's going to be in a show where the lead was cast by MTV??) I think I'd rather have the show close in June.

Kalimba Profile Photo
Kalimba
#43re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 6:01pm

Looks like the show is going to tour (at least according to the new headline).

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#44re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 6:20pm

UGH. Legally Blonde Reality show? There goes a perfect role down the toilet.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

BlueWindSadness
#45re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 6:27pm

there is one word for this TV stunt- PATHETIC.

I have never seen LB live, but I do know from reviews and friends who have seen it that Elle's understudies are perfectly capable and wonderful ( I remember seeing Haven Burton in RENT...)

so seriously MTV...find some other junk to boost your ratings....PLEASE leave the theatre alone.

"that's what my date said."

carymetorent2 Profile Photo
carymetorent2
#46re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 6:51pm

Ok, I don't agree with this idea, but a few things:

- LBB was supposedly leaving in JUly to go work on her television pilot or whatever show she shot. I'm pretty sure, considering Jerry Mitchell's immense love for her (and the producers love affair with heR) that they wouldn't just pull the rug out from under her.

- I am banking on it being more like "Grease: You're the One That I want" in that people with experience can indeed audition. This may be the perfect chance for someone such as an undiscovered talent that's only done regional productions or tours to step up to the plate.

It sucks that reality television is what its come down to to find the leads, but I think the producers know what they are doing enough to not hire some untalented Barbie doll. Plus, think of the fun, AWFUL auditions you get ot watch :-p

"Less Of A Marilyn, More Of A Jackie" www.richardhblake.com

yankees1253 Profile Photo
yankees1253
#47re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 7:09pm

i just want to burn down mtv studies but cant since lion king is upstairs.
i agree with the people who said anything about the mtv ratings and want to do this.
becky gulsvig def deserves her shot at full time elle.

piss off mtv!!!!!

sorry about if it sounds harsh of what i wrote.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#48re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:37pm

Since its MTV.. I wonder if they would do some sort of TV- Reality ala.. Real World..
where they have all these blonde girls living in one house and competiting ala..Grease Youre the Want That I want....

I hope not...

Lord...Have mercy on us all !

We'll have these bimbos with their dramas on MTV fighting & yelling/ Grease Youre the one.... but I'm sure I will watch it.... shame on me! re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.

J*

Updated On: 1/24/08 at 08:37 PM

dancnqn5 Profile Photo
dancnqn5
#49re: Legally Blonde reality show. Official.
Posted: 1/24/08 at 8:43pm

I can tell you for certain that the people at the open call were indeed theatre people and not crazy fangirls. At least the LA one. That's right. I succumbed and decided to go (I actually just got back). Besides the huge amount of perky blondes in pink, it was basically the same crowd as any professional audition in LA. It was a relatively small crowd all things considered and they were all, or at least seemed to be, theatre professionals or aspiring theatre professionals. No crazy horrible amateurs. Personally, I went for the heck of it and to be seen by the casting directors and creators. I'm not too thrilled about the reality tv thing and lord knows I'm not the right type for Elle anyways.

In my opinion, the audition was horribly run, but that's a whole other issue.

Just thought I should let everyone know what it's shaping up to be. (Also, the forms we signed said that the show could "possibly" air on MTV. There was no certainty.)

Videos