pixeltracker

Wicked Movie...Would it work?- Page 2

Wicked Movie...Would it work?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#25re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 9:44am

I don't think Tim Burton should go near a musical again.

I'd like to see Peter Jackson direct Wicked on film, though.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#26re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 9:54am

Thank you best12bars. While not the worst movie, Sweeney should have been much better. And Ms. Bonham Carter although she looked the part, ruined it for me with her awful voice and I wasn't crazy with her take on the character. Why Sondheim let Burton get away with some of the things he did is beyond me.

Just give the world Love.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#27re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 12:13pm

I'm a dissenter, because I loved the Sweeney Todd movie and think the show is kind of eh.

fanpires
#28re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 12:20pm

It could work; it's popular enough.

Annaliese van der Pol or Anne Hathaway as Elphaba
Kristen Bell as Glinda

Perfect.

Rose_Lee
#29re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 1:29pm

How could you seriously think that girls like Anne Hathaway can handle a vocal part as intense as Elphaba? I honestly think that they will get a lot of crap unless they hire girls who have actually played Elphaba before. Idina would be ideal.

BDrischBDemented
#30re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 2:06pm

LOL. Ideal if Elphaba will be re-imagined as a chain-smoking forty-year-old, maybe.

"Your lyrics lack subtlety! You can't just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#31re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 3:57pm

I just got a PM from too darn hot:

Elphaba will be Lea Michele and Glinda will be Aaron Tveit

re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#32re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 4:00pm

Thank God some of you aren't casting directors!

Reese Witherspoon. Love the girl to death but, as she said in an interview (regarding her singing in the movie "Walk The Line"), she had to spend weeks preparing for vocal rehearsals. she said she had never formally performed, in public, ever.

And why would they ever cast Idina as Elphaba??

Hollywood is an entirely different monster than Broadway. We need Allofmylife here right now.

broadwayjules
#33re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 4:36pm

""I don't think that Burton would ever choose to do Wicked. Among many reasons, it's not dark enough.""

Uh, have you even read the book. And I'm talking the Maguire one, not the Winnie one. Turns out Wicked was NOT originally a happy-go-lucky musical with a happily ever after ending kids, go fig. The movie might actually be interesting if they went with Maguire, but I'm guessing the fan girl popularity of the musical would cause them to go the other way.

And Tim Burton? Ugh, do we really need Johnny Depp as Fiero and Helena Bonham Carter as Elphaba?

elphabelle07 Profile Photo
elphabelle07
#34re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 4:52pm

I loved Sweeney Todd...but Tim Burton should NOT do this. It's way to...musical-y for him. And although I reeeeally do not want a movie to be made, I;d like to see Amy Adams as Glinda and Anneliese van der Pol as Elphaba. Amy Adams did some goofing around on the bonus dvd of "Enchanted" with James Marsden and when she was singing, I thought she'd be perfect for Glinda.

But I'm still anti-Wicked movie.

"I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"-Funny Girl

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#35re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 4:56pm

This film will be cast with the most crap-tastic actors who cant sing or hold a note but who can bring in beaucoup box office. I can see Miley Cyrus as Elphaba and Ashley Tisdale as Glinda with Zac Efron as Fiyero. This will not be cast with singers so give up any and all hope of that.

Oh, and Meryl Streep will be Morrible because she gets cast in EVERYTHING!!!! The wizard will be Jim Carey or Steve Carrell, unless they go older it will be Hoffman or Nicholson.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

elphabelle07 Profile Photo
elphabelle07
#36re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:03pm

I shudder at the names Miley Cyrus and Ashley Tisdale and Zac Efron...especially when it comes to singing

"I'm a bagel on a plate full of onion rolls!"-Funny Girl

fanpires
#37re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:23pm

zac would be a great fiyero. where are you getting the idea that he can't sing? did you hear his "it takes two"? he CAN sing.

and yes, amy adams would be a great glinda.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#38re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:28pm

Have you heard him sing LIVE-whole different story? Miley, Ashley and Zac can sing for recordings but they are not vocalists by any stretch. They usually lip synch. That goes for the Duff sisters as well, because Hillary could end up as Glinda as well.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

fanpires
#39re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:30pm

it doesn't matter how he sounds live. he's going to be recording it. as long as he sounds great in that, i have no problem with that.

TooDarnHot Profile Photo
TooDarnHot
#40re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:32pm

NONE of this casting would ever happen....

what are ya'll smoking?

fanpires
#41re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:37pm

because it's going to be pretty good if the cast the right people?

but i'd hate all the attention it would get from the 15 year-olds. ugh.

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#42re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:47pm

The only way having OBC would work is if they split the part, i.e have one actress playing the younger Elphaba, then have Idina play the older.

If thats the road they go down, they should consider Lea Michelle because the similarity to Idina is striking.

Who knows who they would chose to be a young Cheno though. They could probably throw a big name in there because young Glinda isn't required to sing extremely well; just give an entertaining performance. But finding a Cheno-looking actress (height wise) may prove difficult.

I doubt they will go down that route, but if they did, it would be an easy way to get more names in the cast.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#43re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 5:48pm

Amy Adams and Katharine McPhee.

Enough said.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

fanpires
#44re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 7:27pm

YES.

inlovewithjerryherman Profile Photo
inlovewithjerryherman
#45re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/17/08 at 8:47pm

hells yes it would work.

and not only that, but make a buttload of money.

no1fosterluvah
#46re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 12:28am

Why not the OBC? I love them all to death!

"a bad title, even? That could kill a show pretty good." -Little Sally Urinetown

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#47re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 12:34am

" Glinda isn't required to sing extremely well"

You ****in' high?

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#48re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 12:41am

I wonder if Schwartz will be smart enough to add the "film cannot be made while Broadway show is running" clause into any film deal. David Merrick did this with "Hello Dolly" and then he kept running the show with every old lady he could find who could sing as Dolly. He even did an all-black version. It wasn't because he loved the show. It was because he was screwing his film producing partners. He refused to close the show until the film producers, seeing their window-of-opportunity closing, gave him MILLIONS of extra dollars to close the Broadway show so they could make the movie. Wickedly clever old man.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

toanythingtaboo 2 Profile Photo
toanythingtaboo 2
#49re: Wicked Movie...Would it work?
Posted: 7/23/08 at 6:13am

B3TA07, learn to read.

I said the YOUNG Glinda isn't required to sing extremely well.

Videos