Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?

Princeton2
#25re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:11am

Any news on when the album is due out?

ILuv2shop531
#26re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:17am

he will be starring as Johnny Thunder, In Roller Coaster Highway...this spring...
nooo just kidding lol. I love the battery's down :)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 11:22am

Anti-feminist? The women give up nothing, the men are the ones experiencing change for the women they love. They both have careers that they love. What's so anti feminist about that?

BUT....Cheyenne might make me want to see this again.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ed_Mottershead
#28re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:24pm

I didn't know about the solo CD Cheyenne was making -- anyone know anything about it? The few times I talked to him, he didn't mention it and I know several people who've talked to him frequently and THEY didn't know anything about it, either. I'd love it to happen, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.

I believe Cheyenne is on record as saying he'd love to be in a revival of Carousel, but Sky Masterson also seems like a perfect match. Love to hear his take on My Time of Day. He also said in some interview that he hopes he can create a role in a new musical, should the occasion arise.

BroadwayEd

SillySara Profile Photo
SillySara
#29re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:43pm

ed, cheyenne confirmed his solo album during his broadway.com video interview.

AntonEgo
#30re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 5:45pm

I'll tell you what he won't be doing, playing the Piraguas Guy in In the Heights.

Ed_Mottershead
#31re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:01pm

Thanks, Sara, I guess I wasn't paying much attention when I watched that interview. Did he indicate what kinds of music he'll be doing?

BroadwayEd

KathyGriffinLovesYou Profile Photo
KathyGriffinLovesYou
#32re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:17pm

Back to Altat Boyz or another movie maybe.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#33re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 6:43pm

... and "Project Shaw" on 10/20

SillySara Profile Photo
SillySara
#34re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 7:22pm

i don't think he mentioned style of music or really anything else besides confirming he's doing an album, ed.

antonego, you made me laugh out loud. and cheyenne had such flair when he was pushing the piragua cart.

MungoGypsy8232
#35re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 10:11pm

I thought he said his dream role was Barrett in Titanic?

timote316
#36re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 10:16pm

I don't see him as being right for Skye at all. But, then again, I'm sure he can pull it off. I'd love to see him in something new.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#37re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 10:19pm

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their opinion, but I find Jackson one of the blandest male performers on Broadway.

jeffrey1dog Profile Photo
jeffrey1dog
#38re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/12/08 at 10:32pm

That's why nobody cares what you think BobbyBubby!

< Patty Duke (the original Neely O'Hara) & me (March 8, 2010)

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#39re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/13/08 at 4:54pm

And you are?

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#40re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/13/08 at 5:12pm

He is hoping to star in the stage version of Popeye. Been a dream of his for many years.

Hopefully you all get the reference and joke.

The Advocate article!

musicaltheater1 Profile Photo
musicaltheater1
#41re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 12:08pm

What's next for Cheyenne? "The Band Wagon"
Cheyenne will play the lead role of a Hollywood bad boy named Tony Hunter.

"Tony Award-nominated playwright Douglas Carter Beane has reconceived his stage musical Dancing in the Dark — based on the M-G-M picture "The Band Wagon," and seen earlier this year in San Diego — as a vehicle for Broadway leading man Cheyenne Jackson...."

PS. I apologize, I didn't realize a thread has already been posted on his new project:

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.cfm?thread=981878&dt=19&boardid=1

:)

Article

"I love acting. It is so much more real than life." Oscar Wilde
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." Aldous Huxley
Updated On: 10/17/08 at 12:08 PM

Roscoe
#42re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 12:18pm

I'm a great fan of Cheyenne Jackson, but I hope he doesn't get pigeonholed doing fluffy musicals. His turn in DAMN YANKEES showed that he can do more than just stand there and be gorgeous. I'm sorry he's doing another Beane knockoff of a bad movie.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

SillySara Profile Photo
SillySara
#43re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 12:39pm

Roscoe, Cheyenne Jackson is doing another Beane movie to musical...but this time it's not a "bad movie." "The Band Wagon" . What I should say is, it's not another "Xanadu"...which was a known and often ridiculed flop.

Roscoe
#44re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 12:47pm

Well, opinions are going to differ on THE BAND WAGON. I'm just suggesting that it would be nice to see Jackson in something that isn't mindless musical fluff.

THE BAND WAGON? I mean really. Couldn't he find something with a little bit of weight to it? I don't know what Beane has done/will do to the story, but what I remember of the film is that it is just another of those "let's put on a show!" musicals with a really unpleasant air of reverse snobbery to it.

Love me some Cheyenne. I'm just ready to see him do something a little more, well, serious. Enough with the fluff.

"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about the answers." Thomas Pynchon, GRAVITY'S RAINBOW "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." Philip K. Dick My blog: http://www.roscoewrites.blogspot.com/

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#45re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:08pm

I was lucky enough to catch "Dancing in the dark" in San Diego while on a business trip. I thought it was great and has great Broadway potential. I am real glad to see Cheyenne as part of this project.

Ed_Mottershead
#46re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:57pm

I'm getting the sense that Cheyenne is moving to such a eminent place in the Broadway hierarchy -- say somewhere near where Nathan Lane (I'm not comparing them as performers) was in the early '90s -- that it will only take one or two hits to catapult him to the very top. His persona, comic flair and his voice should assure a long and varied career. GO CHEYENNE!!!!!!!!!!!

BroadwayEd

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#47re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
Posted: 10/17/08 at 2:28pm

PM me if you are a fan of Cheyenne's rendition of "A Change Is Gonna Come"

Videos