pixeltracker

Safe hotel in times square?- Page 2

Safe hotel in times square?

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#25safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 12:53pm

As far as I'm concerned, the Paramount Hotel is great safe hotel in times square?

https://www.nycparamount.com/

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

dramagirl487
#25safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 3:04pm

thanks guys, i know its not Law and Order, and that things are safe, but i wanted to make sure we didn't pick some trashy place.

How about, which hotels would you NOT suggest?

i'll just assume things in times square are good. Price isn't a huge deal, just not one of the $500 a night places.

and sorry, i'm new to NYC hotels. What do you mean by private bathroom? Does that mean that some rooms have communal bathrooms for the floor/hallway? do NOT want that.

dramagirl487
#26safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 3:06pm

oh and PRFRMR20,although i'm sure we'd have a wonderful time playing improv games and drinking orange soda, that'd make mommy and daddy worry.

dramagirl487
#27safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 3:09pm

In looking into it, the Pod Hotel looks awesome.

Portland Square looks very nice too, but you have to be 21+ to get a room. and we're 18

Anna_Elizabeth Profile Photo
Anna_Elizabeth
#28safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 3:41pm

I stayed at the Edison my first time in New York City. Let's just say I will never go there again. The room was awful, in a corner, I could see the hallway light all night, and that isn't even mentioning whatever fell onto the sidewalk when I was trying to get into the hotel one evening.

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#29safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 5:01pm

I've stayed at The Pod several times. Though it's not in Times Square, it's a great choice for young people and those on a budget. It's like staying in a really chic, modern train car. safe hotel in times square?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Hank
#30safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 5:47pm

I've stayed at the Edison several times. Never had a problem. Location can't be beat. Rooms are tiny, but well kept. This is an old fashioned place, so just go with it. As for cheap, well they range according to the time of year, but usually below $200 a night. Be sure to check out the coffee shop-go for the blintzs.
With the way the economy is going lately, try your luck at priceline.com. I once got the Milenium for $150!
I suggest going to hotels.com first to see what the going rates are and take it from there!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#31safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 5:48pm

The Portland Square's shared bathroom is really not bad, and I'm a germaphobe.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#32safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 6:41pm

I think I saw a post on the off-topic board once about the Hotel Carter being gross. I think there was a link to some gross photos on one of the websites mentioned here. But yeah, do not stay there unless you want dirty.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#33safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 6:51pm

Oh yeah 'gross' is the *least* of your concerns if staying at the Hotel Carter- this is a place where, when a corpse is found in a room, the articles about it includes phrases like "this isn't the first death at the Hotel Carter" and then go on to list other attacks, and kidnappings and rapes and fires and such.

The Hotel Carter should definitely be on everyone's no list, even if it is only $99/night or whatever...

Not_the_cool_table Profile Photo
Not_the_cool_table
#34safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 6:55pm

I'm sorry but The Edison is disgusting! I wouldn't stay there if you paid me. I was supposed to stay there and the minute I walked in my room I turned around. There were mystery stains everywhere. Just look at the Lobby if you don't believe me. The couches are stained brown where people's heads have rested for a ba-zillion years. Gives me scabies just thinking about it.

I'd stay at The Hudson. It's not in Time Square (just a few blocks up on 58th) but it's cool, hip, (rooms are a little tiny but clean and cool) and it's close to the Park if you wanna change it up and not just shop at the M&M store and Foot Locker everyday.

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
#35safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 8:30pm

When me and my friend booked a room at The Pod hotel I was a little creeped out by the communal bathroom situation, and like a poster said above it's really not as bad as you think it is. The Bathrooms were VERY well maintained at The Pod. And it's not like a gym locker room with like 20 shower heads sticking out of the wall. There are 3-4 lavatories on each floor, and each lavatory has a toilet, sink, and a shower. Again, the bathrooms there were VERY well maintained.

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#36safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/15/09 at 9:22pm

I'm pretty sure the Pod will NOT allow 3 people in a room. And there really isn't enough room for three! (But I stay there all the time...and will be this weekend!)

ANd don't even THINK of the Hotel Carter. Most disgusting away from home night ever.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

beacon1
#37safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 8:54am

Milford Plaza isn't bad at all. An older hotel, rooms are small but mine was very clean. The staff was very helpful and I liked the little Chock-Full-Of-Nuts cafe for breakfast in the a.m.

Just a block from Times Square and many theaters. They are running a "Jolly Holiday" special right on their website. I got 2 nights for a total of $300. It was a very affordable and convenient place to stay last weekend when I saw "Gypsy" and "All My Sons."

The Belvedere is nice, too. Small but clean rooms. Recently remodeled. Friendly and helpful staff.

I did get to splurge in November and stay at the Marriott Marquis (thanks to a friend's associate discount). That was REALLY nice.

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

broadwayjim42
#38safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 9:39am

The Carter and the New York Inn are definite New York no-no's.

If you were willing to include Herald Square (lower West 30's...a ten minute walk or one subway stop to Times Square) in your possibilities, I really like the Red Roof Inn and Herald Sqaure Hotel. The Herald Square is kind of bare bones, but very very clean. There's also been what seems like a fairly big boom in reasonable hotels there and in nearby Chelsea (West 20's)...Hampton Inns, Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, Wyndham...and most of them include breakfast.

Also check applecorehotels.com...Red Roof Inn is part of their little group.

DefyGravity777
#39safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 1:53pm

I stayed at the Milford once. It was nice and clean and I got a great rate.

Since I have no problem with using a shared bathroom I stay at the Big Apple Hostel on 45th St.. Right in the heart of Times Square and at $40 a night you can't beat it. It's very clean(they clean the bathrooms about ever 30 minutes). I just got back from staying there for 6 days. It's the only place I stay now since it is so cheap and I a heck of alot of money.

And as someone else said all the hotels are safe. NYC is the safest big city in the world.

Don't believe everything that you hear! Only the peeps involved know the truth!

Jon
#40safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:13pm

The best rooms at the Portland Square are the corner rooms at the North end of the hall, facing 47th Street. They are much larger.

TheAppleTree
#41safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 2:53pm

I stayed at the Radio City Apartments and found them clean, convenient and affordable.

broadwayjim42
#42safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 3:08pm

I love the Radio City Apartments as well but they fill up very fast and have been getting more expensive over the past few years...but then again, what hasn't?

Definitely worth considering though.

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#43safe hotel in times square?
Posted: 1/16/09 at 3:20pm

One night after Spring Awakening I sprained my ankle on my way to the bus station and missed the final bus, so I was forced to stay in the city an extra night, and the friends I was staying with left that day on business, so I had to get a hotel.

I stayed at the EconoLodge off Times Square. It was fine. Rooms on the first six floors are apparently small, but I got the only room on the seventh floor and it was huge. You get free water and chips. It's nothing amazing...their continental breakfast is cereal and bagels, but it's cheap, safe and very clean.

Videos