pixeltracker

Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal- Page 2

Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal

jennamajig Profile Photo
jennamajig
#25re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:32pm

I also liked the lighting comments, and I laughed at the joked when they first appeared, but they seemed to just repeat themselves and lost the laugh for me. And I love Broadway Abridged...some of the best parodies he's done are for show I actually really enjoy as well :).

But this made me go re-read the Tonys Abridged which is made of win.

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#26re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:41pm

The Little Mermaid one is my favorite.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#27re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:51pm

"THE MARY LOUISE PARKER SCHOOL OF CRAZY EYES". Hilarious!

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

musicalmack Profile Photo
musicalmack
#28re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 2:55pm

"JENNIFER DAMIANO
(rolling onstage via her eyes)"

hahahahaha!

lull89 Profile Photo
lull89
#29re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 3:19pm

My favorite is "Guess the Lazy Lyric!" and how much everyone is talking about how important of a show it is. Hilarious.

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#30re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/22/09 at 3:22pm

I got all the lyrics!

MrSweetNAwful Profile Photo
MrSweetNAwful
#31re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 1:45am

Not one of the best, but I found it funny.
It seemed kinda thrown together, short and choppy. The last half was very "meh".
I thought the umlauts over Alice's lines were funny, but got repetative and were not really enough to describe how she can murder the pronounciation of a word. Jen's first ffffff*ck was hilarious, the others went back and forth from tired to funny.

The one line that totally cracked me up:
ALWAYS ALICE RIPLEY DO!

You're reminding me of people you hear at the movies asking questions every ten seconds, "Who is that? Why is that guy walking down the street? Who's that lady coming up to him? Uh-oh, why did that car go by? Why is it so dark in this theater?" - FindingNamo on strummergirl

"If artists were machines, then I'm just a different kind of machine...I'd probably be a toaster. Actually, I'd be a toaster oven because they're more versatile. And I like making grilled cheese" -Regina Spektor

"That's, like, twelve shows! ...Or seven." -Crazy SA Fangirl

"They say that just being relaxed is the most important thing [in acting]. I take that to another level, I think kinda like yawning and...like being partially asleep onstage is also good, but whatever." - Sherie Rene Scott

heo1128
#32re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 2:05am

As has been said, the caveman speak got old fast. But they kind got Jenn spot on lol. "Ffffff*ck"

Cugirl Profile Photo
Cugirl
#33re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 3:26am

"ALSO, ME QUESTIONABLE SUBCONSCIOUS TÜ BUSY IMAGINING ME DEAD CHILD UPSTAIRS TAKING SHOWER."

Hahahaha...I LOL'd on that one.

(FTR, I am obsessed with N2N, but still find this funny.)

"Das Gegenteil von Krieg ist nicht Frieden...sondern Schöpfung!" - German Mark Cohen

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#34re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 5:29am

I thought it was funny and I'm a huge fan of the show.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#35re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 6:50am

Dont get me wrong im a big fan of the show and i enjoy reading the Abridged scripts, and whilst i thought this one had some funny moment in it just wasnt that great overall, but still nice work.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#36re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 7:04am

They've actually cut down on Natalie's use of the f-word a lot. THAT part read more like a leftover from Second Stage.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Craww
#37re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 10:08am

It's barely abridged. It's just too long and too many repeated jokes. But, still, I thought it was pretty funny. There were a couple moments where I actually laughed audibly.

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#38re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 11:15am

It started out funny, but got old.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

JenNYferTheatrical Profile Photo
JenNYferTheatrical
#39re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 11:19am

Agreed, this one got old fast. Unfortunate, cause I usually love most of Broadway Abridged.

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#40re: Broadway Abridged: Next to Normal
Posted: 6/23/09 at 12:57pm

I thought this was hysterical. N2N fans are too up tight.

Videos