Show Curtains

jamiekennywicked Profile Photo
jamiekennywicked
#500Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 4:37pm

I love the sister act curtain.When the show stars the curtain drops. It looks cool

Complete with a shot of an angels backside

Show Curtains

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

jonmbway4652 Profile Photo
jonmbway4652
#501Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 4:56pm

What are the curtains for Fela and A Little Night Music?

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#502Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 5:01pm

jacobsnchz, The curtain in the Addams Family is really only used in a complex way in the shows first 20 minutes to a half hour. The curtain seems to shift and makes these little rooms with the curtains. Like it creates a box in downstage right while Morticia is feeding the plant. It really gives it the vaudeville feel. For me, it made it seem like it was like Gregory Maguire describes the Great Time Dragon Clock in his book, Wicked. How there are like little windows that open around the wagon so you can see what different people are doing. I don't know if I just made any sense :/

raggballad2 Profile Photo
raggballad2
#503Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 7:59pm

The Addams Family curtain looks like a regular house curtain, but is mechanized/designed to shift a lot like BroadwayBound115 described. Any part of the curtain can shift up/down to frame a scene. (and it serves an entertaining purpose in the opening...)

PS My profile image is the view of the curtain preshow from the partial view rush box. Updated On: 1/1/10 at 07:59 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#504Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 8:06pm

Is it like the frames of the stage of the Legally Blonde tour? The edges of the proscenium moved all around to make little areas where the actors played their scenes.

raggballad2
#505Show Curtains
Posted: 1/1/10 at 9:42pm

Basically...except it's the entire curtain that moves. It's a very lush framing...vaudevillian.

jamiekennywicked
#506re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/2/10 at 7:45am

Whats the one for the Phantom of the opera? Just a red one
Oh and ragtime? Does it have one

Theres just something about the WWRY curtain I really like.
re: Show Curtains

The Sound Of Music
re: Show Curtains

''With the number of people I ignore, I'm lucky I work at all in this town'' - Helena Bonham Carter

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#507re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/2/10 at 7:53am

The Ragtime revival just uses a red house curtain.

jonmbway4652
#508re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/2/10 at 2:11pm

I really like The Sound of Music curtain. The Annie national tour just uses the house curtain with no lights on it or anything. It is such a shame because I love the colorful comic book set design.

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#509re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/2/10 at 6:09pm

For the person who asked about The Phantom of the Opera, the Broadway production has two different set ups. There's the setting for the prologue at the top of the first act and then a plain red curtain used through intermission and into the second.

Curtain for Act I:
re: re: Show Curtains

Curtain for Act II:

raggballad2
jonmbway4652
#511re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/3/10 at 12:41pm

I like the Ragtime curtain, but I wonder why the show doesn't have its own curtain...

eatlasagna
#512re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/3/10 at 3:03pm

what is WWRY

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#513re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/3/10 at 3:12pm

We Will Rock You

jamiekennywicked
#514re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/4/10 at 3:22pm

I like the way sister act uses a curtain at the start, a different one for the intermission and none after the show is over.

Does anyone have fiddler on the roof, auugust osage county or Oklahoma?

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#515re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/4/10 at 4:49pm

I don't know about the other two but I do know that August never had a curtain for either of its houses on Broadway.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Mattbrain
#516re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/4/10 at 5:02pm

Oklahoma had like a blue sky with clouds painted on it and then when the overture segued into the melody from the title song, they projected the logo of the show onto the curtain.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#517re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/4/10 at 5:15pm

Winston, if you are talking about "August: Osage County. It didn't have one when I saw it at the Imperial and it doesn't have one on the tour.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 7/30/10 at 05:15 PM

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#518re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 1/4/10 at 5:43pm

I know. I saw the show a few times and therefor saw it at both the Imperial and The Music Box, and at both theatres there was no curtain for the show.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jamiekennywicked
#519re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 2/27/10 at 10:57am

Anyone have a pic of the pre show set up for time stands still?

broadwayboy987
#520re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 4/16/10 at 12:00am

bump!

jamiekennywicked
#521re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 6/6/10 at 4:24pm

BUMP!
Anyone have: MEMPHIS, SPAMALOT or a good picture of the addams fmily curtain?

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#522re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 6/6/10 at 4:45pm

Updated On: 6/6/10 at 04:45 PM

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#523re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 6/6/10 at 4:49pm

I would have taken one at Memphis, but one of ushers was on a witch hunt.

West Side Story:

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#524re: re: Show Curtains
Posted: 6/6/10 at 4:59pm

Nightmare Alley at the Geffen Playhouse

South Pacific (Tour, Los Angeles)

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos