Hadestown Understudies

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#500Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/10/22 at 11:44am

Alexander Lamar said: "T. Oliver said he will be back in as Fate 1 tonight and will be on as either Hermes or Fate 1 through the weekend (as long as the shows go on).

For the person next week, anything can happen by that time I think a number of people should be back including Lana and Reeve, hopefully Andre and Jessie as well. They should be in a better position than they are now, especially towards the end of the week.
"

Sounds like it depends if Jessie or Tara are back this weekend. Hopefully everyone is good by next week. COMPANY only had Patti, Nikki and Jeff Kready out last week due to COVID.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

TOHadestownFan
#501Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/10/22 at 1:09pm

Alexander Lamar said: "For the person next week, anything can happen by that time I think a number of people should be back including Lana and Reeve, hopefully Andre and Jessie as well. They should be in a better position than they are now, especially towards the end of the week."

Thanks! I’m trying to stay optimistic so this is comforting :) At this point I’m not too worried about there being a lot of understudies (though I’d love to see as much of the original cast as possible since this will be my first time seeing the show), I just hope the show goes forward!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#502Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/10/22 at 2:31pm

I'd hope and assume some that are out due to COVID will start testing negative over the weekend.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

AndreyIsntHere Profile Photo
AndreyIsntHere
#503Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/10/22 at 3:47pm

ACL2006 said: "I need to see his costume!! Is "Yaya" out then? Doesn't make sense otherwise."

Yup, YaYa is out. I believe that them, Kay, and Emily were set to be Fates all week, due to a positive COVID case in regards to Jessie, and Jewelle being unable to play a Fate as she's Persephone this week.

However, T posted that he'll be either a Fate OR Hermes all weekend, which makes me think they either last-minute rehearsed a new Fate or YaYa will be able to return for certain shows? However I do know that T is on as a Fate tonight, which obviously means that YaYa is either out or maybe they're swinging a worker role? I think they were completely out last night.

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#504Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 7:05pm

@MichaelPaulson: as @hadestown grapples with Covid cases, Amber Gray is returning to play Persephone tonight.

WOW!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

hollebolle
#505Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 7:05pm

Per her IG, Jewelle is back on as a fate tonight. I read a rumor that Amber might be stepping back in for Persephone…

Edit: I guess it’s true!

Updated On: 3/11/22 at 07:05 PM

Nolan LuPone
#506Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 7:31pm

Updated On: 3/11/22 at 07:31 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#507Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 8:51pm

Wonder who else is out to cause this?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#508Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 9:08pm

Saw that Tomas Matos is a Fate tonight. T. Oliver Reid is Hermes & Mariand Torres is back as a Fate. Emily is out tonight.

MemorableHelicopter67
#509Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 9:12pm

March 11, 2022 breakdown: 

Orpheus: IN: Jordan , OUT: Reeve

Eurydice: Eva

Persephone: IN: Amber , OUT: Lana

Hades: Patrick

Hermes: IN: T , OUT: Andre

Fates:

IN: Jewelle , Tomas, Mariand

OUT: Jessie , Kay

WORKERS: 

IN: Sojourner , Afra , Timothy , Trent , Sayo

OUT: Emily , Malcom , Grace 

———

Notes:

Tara - vacation (confirmed by T on IG)

YaYa - covid (confirmed on IG)

Mariand - through 3/18

Afra & Jordan - through 3/13 

Grace - injury (confirmed on IG) , unk. return date 

Updated On: 3/11/22 at 09:12 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#510Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 10:11pm

Curious, but why not keep T. as a Fate, Trent as Hermes and Tomas as a Worker?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#511Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/11/22 at 11:45pm

I’m curious about all these people rejoining so last minute. Amber is no longer contracted with the show, so is she just rejoining by the will of her heart? Or did her previous contract cover being an emergency filler for the future? Hadestown is not like wicked of Hamilton yet where they have loads of people who can jump right back in, so I wonder if Amber might be getting a big payout from this?

also, interesting that the hadestown producers are risking exposing three other Broadway shows in order to keep going themselves.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

B212323
#512Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 2:04am

Agreed it's a bad look on the producers - what are they hiding? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#513Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 9:53am

Articles have come out this week about their understudy situation stating it's mostly due to COVID. Shows were doing this all throughout December and January. As for the risk of the three actors rehearsing for upcoming shows, I'm sure their agent told them of the situation as to why they were being called back to the show.

wick3d2
#514Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 11:29am

ACL2006 said: "Articles have come out this week about their understudy situation stating it's mostly due to COVID. Shows were doing this all throughout December and January. As for the risk of the three actors rehearsing for upcoming shows, I'm sure their agent told them of the situation as to why they were being called back to the show."

Actually four shows. Mariand Torres is working on Wicked. 

Alexander Lamar
#515Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 11:48am

Jewelle is playing Persephone at the mat today. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#516Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 11:54am

Curious who is who for the matinee today. Jordan & Afra aren't available. Maybe Trent as Orpheus? Timothy as Hermes? Tomas, Mariand and T as the Fates? Doesn't leave many left as Workers.

wick3d2
#517Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 11:55am

Jordan is on for today's matinee. 

Alexander Lamar
#518Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:09pm

Todays matinee is now canceled. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#519Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 12:15pm

Also curious if the weather is preventing actors from getting to the theater. Sounds like they ran out of "Workers" to do the show.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#520Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 1:34pm

The timing of the cancelled sounds like there's another position COVID case. Let's see if they have a show tonight.

Updated On: 3/12/22 at 01:34 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#521Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 6:18pm

Tonight's performance has also been cancelled.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#522Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 6:54pm

Two years to the day. Man, that sucks. Hadestown Understudies

TOHadestownFan
#523Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 6:54pm

I commend the cast and crew for working so hard this week to try to make these shows happen, but it's getting really difficult not to get frustrated with the producers for the lack of transparency. People with tickets to upcoming shows shouldn't have to rely on message boards or journalist Twitter accounts to find out if a show is being cancelled or not. I understand why they don't want to cancel multiple shows days in advance, but I wish they would at least provide clearer updates on how many people are out with COVID vs. how many people are on vacation and have a set return date. Especially with spring break being next week, it feels like the producers aren't being respectful to the many people who travel from out of town to see these shows and aren't just a short subway/car ride away from Broadway.

I guess I'll keep hoping that this mostly resolves itself in the next few days, but I wish I definitively knew whether I should be cancelling my upcoming trip to NYC...

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#524Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:02pm

Yes it is frustrating but they’re doing the best they can. Hadestown only has 18 company members total and with as many covid cases with over lapping vacations this week, they have to cancel. It’s none of our business who has covid or why a show has to cancel. If the cast member wants to disclose they have covid, that’s their choice. Otherwise, none of our business. The producers aren’t going to cancel shows a week out because of covid cases this week. The covid policy is a day by day thing so you’ll find out if the show is cancelled a few hours before (and in some awful cases minutes before). Like many things, If your show is cancelled, pivot and find a new show. I do agree they should be notifying ticket holders through an email. My show was cancelled this afternoon but never got an email. 

Videos