pixeltracker

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread- Page 22

NBC's SMASH - Series & Broadway Adaptation Thread

FindingNamo
#525SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 12:48pm

She threw a drink in Jimmy Fallon's face last night, PJ.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Gothampc
#526SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 12:51pm

This show needs Marlo Thomas. She can show up as Ann Marie, the actress that is still trying to make it on Broadway.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

FindingNamo
#527SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 12:53pm

I've been watching Ann Marie recently. She'd be PERFECT. "Oh Dawnald, I could play Marilyn. She was an old soul."

Brywal88 Profile Photo
Brywal88
#528SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 2:05pm

Wow it is amazing to me that no one understood that the Bruno Mars musical was supposed to be funny. I laughed out loud...it was clearly poking fun at jukebox musicals i.e. American Idiot. And I don't know what show you guys are watching but I'm enjoying it...it has flaws but its certainly unique and a lot of fun. Great cast and I dig the original songs. I would like to see some improvement but I'm not sure people get this show.

FindingNamo
#529SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 2:24pm

Not everyone is going to chime in on every post. Especially to say *I* got a joke that other people missed. It makes a poster look like they're superior, especially when he or she presumes no one else got the joke.

Gothampc
#530SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 3:15pm

"Wow it is amazing to me that no one understood that the Bruno Mars musical was supposed to be funny. I laughed out loud...it was clearly poking fun at jukebox musicals"

In order for it to be funny, there had to be some truth to it. Bruno Mars is not yet an established enough name to have a jukebox musical.

It was a poor attempt to shoehorn a cover song into the show and have it make sense. They could have just as well gone to a cabaret show and watched the performer perform a Bruno Mars song outside the context of it being a musical.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 2/24/12 at 03:15 PM

Brywal88 Profile Photo
Brywal88
#531SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 4:15pm

Lets agree to disagree...I was simply suprised to read that people seemed to be taking that scene/song seriously in the episode indicated by people calling it 'terrible'. If you didnt find it funny ok, but it just seemed odd to see so much bitching when I thought surely someone else would find it amusing. I'm not superior to anyone just trying to provide a (humble) opinion like every single other person on this board.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#532SMASH
Posted: 2/24/12 at 4:55pm

As far my opinion goes, once I accepted what the show is as opposed to what I wished it would be, I find it pretty enjoyable.

My feelings exactly.

I'm finding enough enjoyable and entertaining to keep watching. Especially Cousin Debbie. Her performance is a wonderful revelation.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#533SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 8:05pm

It's a silly point to press, but I honestly couldn't tell if the Bruno Mars thing WAS meant to be a joke. The characters thought it was amazing, apparently, so does that mean we should see them as having no taste?

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#534SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 9:06pm

It was a joke, and yet NOT a joke. The idea of a very recent pop star already having a jukebox musical at LaMaMa is part of the joke, as is the fact that characters accept it as normal. On the other hand, the show, as several have pointed out here, was a pretty clear in-universe expy of "American Idiot," and probably a shout-out/homage to Mayer's work on said show.

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#535SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 9:30pm

I thought it was more like Rent (Will Chase playing Roger in the live recording of the show helps). I guess the point of Bruno Mars (seeing as how a lot of the people who get juicebox musicals, Green Day included, have been in the business for several years, decades before their shows happened) was poking at the idea that a guy in the music scene for all but 10 seconds suddenly made a jukebox musical and it is a hit (though to whom besides the people on the show makes me wonder since I am not sure Bruno Mars appeals to tourists or the theater crowds).

PlayItAgain
#536SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:03pm

Why are the ensemble people being such bitches to Karen? that scene came off really awful..... -.-

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#537SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:07pm

LOL....I was just going to post the same exact thing! Wouldn't they only be witchy if Ivy DIDN'T get the part?

And really: Ivy is pissed that Karen got cast? What's the big f'in deal?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

PlayItAgain
#538SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:13pm

If this gets picked up for season 2, they need to bring in some different writers......

Also their reactions come off weird because theoretically weren't they all in Karens place at one point?
Updated On: 2/27/12 at 10:13 PM

dramamama611
#539SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:17pm

This might be the nail in the coffin.

This NOBODY lead whines, and she's out of the number? Oh, shoot me.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#540SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:21pm

This really is getting ridonkulous.

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#541SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:25pm

Personally, I'm enjoying this episode.

PlayItAgain
#542SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:26pm

And Karen literally hits my point, "you were all me at one point"

was wondering when we were going to see a nick jonas H2S commercial.... Updated On: 2/27/12 at 10:26 PM

dramamama611
#543SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:35pm

Who plays the chorus boy that was just in Karen's apt? Is that Wesley Taylor? (I think that's the name of the person I'm recalling -- Addams Family and Rock of Ages?)

ucjrdude902
#544SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:36pm

I do believe its him.

ucjrdude902
#545SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:50pm

I do believe that was Krysta Rodriguez in the Marilyn number at the party.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#546SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:50pm

This is boring.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#547SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:53pm

I hope Ivy Lynn gets hit by a bus.

massofmen
#548SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:56pm

i wonder how many more viewers they lost tonight. This is horrible.

PlayItAgain
#549SMASH
Posted: 2/27/12 at 10:58pm

BTW glee did this Adele song way better....... months ago..........

Videos