pixeltracker

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]- Page 23

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#550The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:49pm

wewdie said: "Do we know if Lin will be back on Monday, 4/4?"

He should. To be clear, here is how the expected performances for this upcoming week should look. Every day includes both matinee and evenings:

• Sunday, March 27: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Monday, March 28: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Tuesday, March 29: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Wednesday, March 30: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Thursday, March 31: Jon Rua as Hamilton
  • Friday, April 1: Jon Rua as Hamilton
  • Saturday, April 2: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Sunday, April 3: No performances scheduled
  • Monday, April 4: Lin-Manuel Miranda returns from vacation

Hope this helps.

Updated On: 3/27/16 at 12:49 PM

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#551The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 12:55pm

phan24 said: "The Broadway Cares tumblr page reblogged a picture which has Emmy Raver-Lampman in costume as Angelica (on the right)! Very interesting to see a brand new Angelica in costume The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

"

I was there yesterday, she looks a lot like Renee but shorter and the Washington was a lot shorter than Chris but they were both good. 

Eta my Angelica was named Alicia (sp?) iirc

Updated On: 3/27/16 at 12:55 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#552The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:02pm

wewdie said: "Do we know if Lin will be back on Monday, 4/4?"

He should. To be clear, here is how the expected performances for this upcoming week should look. Every day includes both matinee and evenings:

• Sunday, March 27: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Monday, March 28: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Tuesday, March 29: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Wednesday, March 30: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Thursday, March 31: Jon Rua as Hamilton
  • Friday, April 1: Jon Rua as Hamilton
  • Saturday, April 2: Javier Muñoz as Hamilton
  • Sunday, April 3: No performances scheduled
  • Monday, April 4: Lin-Manuel Miranda returns from vacation

Hope this helps.

^^^ Bumping this so it's on the most recent viewable page.

BroadwayConcierge
#553The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:03pm

Also, WTF? Jonathan Groff has less than two weeks left in the show???

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bernadette83/status/713766514504179713

Esgred
#554The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:12pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "wewdie said: "Do we know if Lin will be back on Monday, 4/4?"

He should. To be clear, here is how the expected performances for this upcoming week should look."

Is Miranda's the only scheduled absence this week?  Will Burr, Angelica, Eliza, Washington, Jefferson/Lafayette, etc. be the OBC?  Thanks!  :)

BroadwayConcierge
#555The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:22pm

Esgred said: "Is Miranda's the only scheduled absence this week?  Will Burr, Angelica, Eliza, Washington, Jefferson/Lafayette, etc. be the OBC?  Thanks!  :)"

Hi Esgred! I'm sorry, but I don't personally have that information. I was able to glean the Hamilton performance information from various Twitters, but I don't know about the other roles/expected upcoming vacations. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#556The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:24pm

Probably, shows don't like to grant multiple vacations in the same week.  Of course that doesn't account for illness and emergencies.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#557The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/27/16 at 1:25pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "Also, WTF? Jonathan Groff has less than two weeks left in the show???

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bernadette83/status/713766514504179713"

OMG I'm pissed. I thought I had heard he was in the show until July. I'm seeing it in June and am now very sad.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

batboysings
#558The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:05pm

I mentioned this on another thread but maybe you guys can help!

A friend of mine is a huge Hamilton fan. For her birthday we want to hide surprise Hamilton playbills in random places throughout the week (in her car, mailed to her work, etc etc) eventually building to covering her bedroom in Hamilton pics.

Her boyfriend will then present her with tickets, having pretended he couldn't get any.

So I'm looking for as many spare playbills as I can find, however I'm in the UK and they are hard to come by without paying extortionate ebay shipping ($18 for one!). 

I thought there may be a chance some fans may have a few unwanted copies they could send me, and I will of course pay the shipping to the UK. Or if anyone is visiting the theatre soon, maybe they could scoop up a few leftovers at the end. I've been to NYC before and picked up a few spare copies of playbills for friends, so hopefully that's still a thing.

Please do drop me a PM if you can help. Thanks in advance!

Esgred
#559The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 2:38pm

gypsy101 said: "BroadwayConcierge said: "Also, WTF? Jonathan Groff has less than two weeks left in the show? https://mobile.twitter.com/Bernadette83/status/713766514504179713"

OMG I'm pissed. I thought I had heard he was in the show until July. I'm seeing it in June and am now very sad.
"

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/28/jonathan-groff-hamilton-rory-omalley

Esgred
#560The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 2:49pm

dramamama611 said: "Probably, shows don't like to grant multiple vacations in the same week.  Of course that doesn't account for illness and emergencies."

The actors who play Angelica and George Washington were on vacation the same week.  :)

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#561The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 2:52pm

Hellob said: "phan24 said: "The Broadway Cares tumblr page reblogged a picture which has Emmy Raver-Lampman in costume as Angelica (on the right)! Very interesting to see a brand new Angelica in costume The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]

"

I was there yesterday, she looks a lot like Renee but shorter and the Washington was a lot shorter than Chris but they were both good. 

Eta my Angelica was named Alicia (sp?) iirc
"

In the photo from Tumblr, Emmy as Angelica and Sydney as Washington, both of whom are tall.

Hellob, I believe you had Alysha as Angelica and Austin as Washington, both of whom are shorter than Emmy & Sydney.

Here's a photo of Austin as Washington:

https://twitter.com/austinsmithsolo/status/713793355830919168

And Alysha as Angelica (on the right):

https://twitter.com/alysha_d/status/705591967493783552

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#562The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 10:53pm

Sounds like Smith has done a few shows now. I'd be interested to see his take on Washington, if only because he's quite a bit younger then Chris and Sydney and I' m curious to see what, if any, effect it has on his portrayal (similar to how Jon Rua being seen as a "young" Hamilton, even though he's not that much younger then LMM).

Alex10
#563The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:18pm

I saw the show tonight (magnificent in every way, which goes without saying) and Austin was on for Washington. He didn't read as much younger than Chris Jackson to me, and I always completely bought his authority. What almost played more of a role is that he's actually a pretty small guy. In Act 1, when he's the general, it almost feels like he has to work harder to earn the respect of his men because he's less naturally imposing, and he really pulls it off.

Javier was on for Hamilton, as the schedule said, and was great. The dude can SING.

oncemorewithfeeling2
#564The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:24pm

Thanks for the insight, Alex. I was curious about how that would come across. The Washington in the song simply IS Chris.

Javier Munoz is outstanding and I hope he has a future as the full time lead in one of the companies. 

Hellob Profile Photo
Hellob
#565The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:31pm

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Sounds like Smith has done a few shows now. I'd be interested to see his take on Washington, if only because he's quite a bit younger then Chris and Sydney and I' m curious to see what, if any, effect it has on his portrayal (similar to how Jon Rua being seen as a "young" Hamilton, even though he's not that much younger then LMM).

"

I thought he was more raw and less Broadway than Jackson (in a good way). The only thing is his height (which he obviously can't control) made him get lost to my eye in group scenes. 

BroadwayBryce
#566The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:32pm

Anyone have any audio of Emmy as Angelica? Dying to hear it 

Zzk6126
#567The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:47pm

This my be a really stupid question, but does anyone know if there is any possibility of tickets being returned and then sold for face value on ticket master? Or are those tickets only sold through the cancellation line?

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#568The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/30/16 at 11:43pm

Saw the matinee today.  I was very happy as I wanted to specifically see Javier as Hamilton. He did not disappoint, and his performance is a bit different than Lin's.  Second time I've seen it, and Christopher Jackson was out again.  So now I've seen both his understudies (Sydney James Harcourt and Austin Smith).  Austin was on today, and was quite good.  He has such a beautiful voice.  Will I ever get to see Christopher Jackson live in this role?  At this point, I doubt it, as I don't have another ticket.

When I saw the show for the first time last November, I was in the very last row of the rear mezzanine.  Today I was 8th row center.  What a difference!!!  I was struck by how much I did not retain from my first viewing. It was like watching the show for the first time, plus I have listened to the cast recording since that first time.

I prefer Jonathan Groff to Andrew Rannells as King George. I definitely appreciated the staging this time around, and all of the performances were excellent.  I loved watching the ensemble do their thing.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#569The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/30/16 at 11:49pm

For those who have seen the show recently, how's Betsy's replacement? She always stood out to me in the ensemble (it might have been the hair) so I'm just a little bit curious about Hope.

DottieD'Luscia
#570The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/31/16 at 6:59am

I thought the same thing about Betsy yesterday. Her blonde hair was striking, so it felt strange not to see her. Her replacement is brunette.  I also realized after the show that Seth Stewart wasn't in yesterday.  Male swings on yesterday were Andrew Chappelle, Daniel Watts and Voltaire Wade-Greene. They both were on when I saw the show in November.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 3/31/16 at 06:59 AM

oncemorewithfeeling2
#571The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/31/16 at 1:37pm

I believe Seth is out with an injury right now. Someone tweeted about it while the cast was at the White House.

Now that Stephanie Klemons has left, who is the dance captain? I'd assume Morgan Marcell Or Voltaire Wade-Green...

DottieD'Luscia
#572The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/31/16 at 2:13pm

Morgan and Voltaire are both listed as co-dance captains.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#573The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 3/31/16 at 4:21pm

Oops....nm, my bad.  Nothing to see, scroll on down.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 3/31/16 at 04:21 PM

Iona4
#574The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
Posted: 4/2/16 at 6:51pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I don't know the "how" of selling since they are paper tickets, but if you choose to view the resale tickets as a list rather than on the map, they are listed. Perhaps it's the same thing with a new barcode generated that voids the barcode on the existing printed ticket. So if you tried to use the paper ticket that you sold, it wouldn't work. 

"Ahah you guys are making me nervous! I bought three resale tickets from Ticketmaster for Box C next Wednesday evening.. I live in London so they sent through a bar code, is there any way I could have been duped? I got them out of sheer luck by only looking for 3 tickets on that date. Rather than viewing the seats, a list appeared and I had the choice between C or G for the same price, so I went with C. I've basically planned the entire trip around seeing the show.. and it's my birthday so I'll be absolutely heartbroken if I get turned away at the door.. Also has anyone done the stage door recently? I really would like to say hello to the  cast, especially Lin because of his impact on my writing and acting career but I imagine he doesn't come out much because of the sheer size of the crowd? Thanks a lot guys xx"

Videos