pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery- Page 24

Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery

mariecandice
#575Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 12:32pm

Hi - my first time posting but have been reading the message boards for a while!

First of all, I just want to voice my appreciation to CT2NYC for letting fellow fans know about tickets that pop up. It's so helpful and thoughtful to take the time to do that!

I wanted to ask, given the bulk release of tickets a few days ago, whether that kind of release is likely to happen in advance for Ben's last week (including his last day)? Or do you think there will only be a few tickets available via the 4-day method?

Srg67
#576Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 3:54pm

CT2NYC said: "Wick3 said: "CT2NYC said: "Srg67 said: "Also the ones I'm seeing are $199... that's still premium pricing, no?"

No, that’s regular pricing. No idea why they’re available. Rachel Bay Jones will be out on those dates, but Ben will be there, barring some disaster.
"

Back in the spring, the box office mysteriously stopped selling all seats from these dates for 2-3 weeks (hence why a few of us thought Ben's last day was Nov 12th.) Thereafter mezz seats were released but orch was still not available. Looks like they're slowly releasing them now. Someone on here said that perhaps Ben extended for a week to the 19th after being out for a week to film Will & Grace.

After some thought, this is the conclusion I came to, as well. Additionally,they didn't announce Rachel Bay Jones' participationin the Playbill cruise from 11/3-11/13until the daybefore the announcement of Ben's last day as 11/19. This alsoleads me to believe that his original departure date was 11/12, soshe wouldn't have been available for the cruise, as it would have conflicted with Ben's last week. Actually, in retrospect, the Rachelcruise announcement waspretty solid evidence that Ben's last day wasn't going to be the 12th.

"

Just curious @CT2NYC do you get notifications somehow of tickets being released? Or are you just constantly scanning Telecharge? What's your secret? :)

Jenn9
#577Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 6:43pm

herewegoabc said: "If you're on the website, you can usually get those "invisible"' seats like that to show up by letting the site pick for you instead of choosing your seat from the map. You can also switch to the 3D view and those seats tend to show up. This also works for Row K of the mezz that sells for $135 on the 4 day rule but never seems to be visible via the web."

What is the 3D view? 

herewegoabc
#578Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 7:41pm

If you're using a computer, once you get to the seat map, there's an option at the top that says

Which tickets would you like?
Move the mouse over a seat to see details. Click on seats to select or deselect them. Click buy to purchase selected seats.
For a 3D version of the Seating Chart, click here.

The map will then change to a 3D version, and some of those seats that aren't visible in the normal seat map will show up (like mezz K seats 1,3)
Updated On: 9/23/17 at 07:41 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#579Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 8:52pm

mariecandice said: "Hi - my first time posting but have been reading the message boards for a while!

First of all, I just want to voice my appreciation toCT2NYC for letting fellow fans know about tickets that pop up. It's so helpful and thoughtful to take the time to do that!

I wanted to ask, given the bulk release of tickets a few days ago,whether that kind of release islikely to happen in advance for Ben's last week (including his last day)? Or do you think there will only be a few tickets available via the 4-day method?
"

That’s a great question. I’m hoping that’s the case, but I’m going to keep my expectations low. If it happens, I'll spread the word...right after I buy my tickets. I would have gone the second-to-last week to see Ben one last time, but not without Rachel Bay Jones. As far as the 4-day trick is concerned, I'm not expecting to see anything released that week, but I'm definitely going to be looking for them. If something turns up, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#580Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/23/17 at 9:06pm

Srg67 said: "CT2NYC said: "Wick3 said: "CT2NYC said: "Srg67 said: "Also the ones I'm seeing are $199... that's still premium pricing, no?"

No, that’s regular pricing. No idea why they’re available. Rachel Bay Jones will be out on those dates, but Ben will be there, barring some disaster.
"

Back in the spring, the box office mysteriously stopped selling all seats from these dates for 2-3 weeks (hence why a few of us thought Ben's last day was Nov 12th.) Thereafter mezz seats were released but orch was still not available. Looks like they're slowly releasing them now. Someone on here said that perhaps Ben extended for a week to the 19th after being out for a week to film Will & Grace.

After some thought, this is the conclusion I came to, as well. Additionally,they didn't announce Rachel Bay Jones' participationin the Playbill cruise from 11/3-11/13until the daybefore the announcement of Ben's last day as 11/19. This alsoleads me to believe that his original departure date was 11/12, soshe wouldn't have been available for the cruise, as it would have conflicted with Ben's last week. Actually, in retrospect, the Rachelcruise announcement waspretty solid evidence that Ben's last day wasn't going to be the 12th.

"

Just curious @CT2NYC do you get notifications somehow of tickets being released? Or are you just constantly scanning Telecharge? What's your secret? :)"

I wish that I got notifications, or that I had a connection at Telecharge. Unfortunately, that isn't the case, so I just check randomly throughout the day. I like to post availability to DEH and HELLO, DOLLY! to help people see the shows, and, also, to show them that it's very possible to get "impossible" tickets, without paying premium or reseller prices. All it takes is persistence.

Updated On: 9/23/17 at 09:06 PM

lm121362
#581Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 10:57am

On Saturday 9/23 I was the first in line at 4:30am and was waiting for only evening. The next people in line who wanted only evening arrived at 9:45. The next people showed up at 6 then 6:30. Between 10am and 12:15am, there were 10 standing room and 2 separate $199 tickets. 1 more standing room and 2 more standard tickets were given out between 1:30 and 1:59. The manager said it was rare for so many standing room to be given out, and I can't help but wonder if there is a correlation between Ben being out and the abundance of standing room available. 

The manager moves the line 3 times. Each time it was orderly and we were never asked to disperse. 

At 6:15pm I was offered 2 tickets (orchestra center, 7 rows back)! The next people wanting evening arrived 9:40 then 10 am. They allowed us to continue to wait the whole time. They moved the line 2 times. Each time they made sure it happened orderly so that the person in front was always in front and out of the way of the customers. 

We got our 2 tickets at 6:15pm. There were 4 more tickets given out 15 minutes before the show started. Our tickets (and the people behind us in line) were 6 rows back in center orchestra. Another pair was about 8 rows back in left orchestra.

At midnight, there was one person lined up for Sunday's show on 9/24. The next 2 people got in line at 2:30 and 6:00 respectively.

I have seen the show with MLB and Ben Platt. It is my humble opinion that waiting that long for Ben is 100% worth it. So much that I plan to do it again next month. 

Updated On: 9/24/17 at 10:57 AM

Mirpandas
#582Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 1:46pm

With the 4-day rule: What time does telecharge typically release tickets? Is it random?

I'm hoping for something this Friday/Saturday. Ben Platt would be cool, but I'm totally okay for shooting for cheaper MLB tickets because stubhub has outrageous fees for everything. 

mariecandice
#583Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 2:51pm

Thanks, CT2NYC, for your insight and continued generosity to alert us of any tix! smiley

Updated On: 9/24/17 at 02:51 PM

bwaylistener
#584Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 4:03pm

Hi everyone, I've been reading along for a while and really appreciate all the advice and info! It has been incredible to learn that it is possible to get tickets to a "sold out" show, and I was fortunate to catch the full cast a few weeks ago because of this thread. I thought it might be helpful to add some of my experiences too. I have been checking Telecharge a lot just to see if there's any rhyme or reason to tickets being released, and in addition to the 4-day rule, it does seem like sometimes they pop up randomly. A couple weeks ago I bought 3 tickets to this coming Wednesday night show, 9/27, but am unable to use one of the tickets. I just called to cancel it, and the box office refunded my money. So yes, they do let you return a "nonrefundable" ticket. Also, it was immediately available on Telecharge (and it was still there when I checked a few minutes ago). So I think sometimes tickets become available simply because someone happened to call and cancel them at that moment, which makes it hard to predict when they will show up! In any case, there's an orchestra seat available for this coming Wednesday if anyone wants it...I can guarantee you'll get to sit next to some pretty cool people!

ith42
#585Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 5:37pm

That’s a great question. I’m hoping that’s the case, but I’m going to keep my expectations low. If it happens, I'll spread the word...right after I buy my tickets. I would have gone the second-to-last week to see Ben one last time, but not without Rachel Bay Jones. As far as the 4-day trick is concerned, I'm not expecting to see anything released that week, but I'm definitely going to be looking for them. If something turns up, I'll be pleasantly surprised."

I am curious if you think it is worth holding out for Rachel Bay Jones. I purchased a ticket for that week in November when seats opened up knowing she would be out but really wanting to see Ben. Now I am wondering if I should attempt to sell that ticket based on the fact that I have been able to find no feedback at all on Rachel's understudy and try to get a ticket for another time hoping they will both be in. Would appreciate your opinions!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#586Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/24/17 at 6:51pm

ith42 said: "That’s a great question. I’m hoping that’s the case, but I’m going to keep my expectations low. If it happens, I'll spread the word...right after I buy my tickets. I would have gone the second-to-last week to see Ben one last time, but not without Rachel Bay Jones. As far as the 4-day trick is concerned, I'm not expecting to see anything released that week, but I'm definitely going to be looking for them. If something turns up, I'll be pleasantly surprised."

I am curious if you think it is worth holding out for Rachel Bay Jones. I purchased a ticket for that week in November when seats opened up knowing she would be out but really wanting to see Ben. Now I am wondering if I should attempt to sell that ticket based on the fact that I have been able to find no feedback at all on Rachel's understudy and try to get a ticket for another time hoping they will both be in. Would appreciate your opinions!

I've seen DEH twice, both times with the full original cast. In my opinion, Rachel Bay Jones is as vital to the production as Ben Platt. For me, her solo number is the highlight of the entire show. I can't imagine anyone doing the song justice the way she does. Granted, you'd still be able to see her after Ben leaves, but I'd try to see them together, if you can.

Jenn9
#587Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/25/17 at 12:33pm

herewegoabc said: "If you're using a computer, once you get to the seat map, there's an option at the top that says

Move the mouse over a seat to see details. Click on seats to select or deselect them. Click buy to purchase selected seats.
For a 3D version of the Seating Chart, click here.

The map will then change to a 3D version, and some of those seats that aren't visible in the normal seat map will show up (like mezz K seats 1,3)

"

Thanks for the info! I see exactly what you said, but there's no 3D version mentioned on mine: Strange!

Please be advised performances begin promptly at the time indicated on your ticket. There will be no late seating for DEAR EVAN HANSEN. Patrons arriving after the performance has begun will not be admitted until intermission.

ashleyjena
#588Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/25/17 at 2:19pm

lm121362 said: "

On Saturday 9/23 I was the first in line at 4:30am and was waiting for only evening. The next people in line who wanted only evening arrived at 9:45. The next people showed up at 6 then 6:30. Between 10am and 12:15am, there were 10 standing room and 2 separate $199 tickets. 1 more standing room and 2 more standard tickets were given out between 1:30 and 1:59. The manager said it was rare for so many standing room to be given out, and I can't help but wonder if there is a correlation between Ben being out and the abundance of standing room available.

The manager moves the line 3 times. Each time it was orderly and we were never asked to disperse.

At 6:15pm I was offered 2 tickets (orchestra center, 7 rows back)! The next people wanting evening arrived 9:40 then 10 am. They allowed us to continue to wait the whole time. They moved the line 2 times. Each time they made sure it happened orderly so that the person in front was always in front and out of the way of the customers.

We got our 2 tickets at 6:15pm. There were 4 more tickets given out 15 minutes before the show started. Our tickets (and the people behind us in line) were 6 rows back in center orchestra. Another pair was about 8 rows back in left orchestra.

At midnight, there was one person lined up for Sunday's show on 9/24. The next 2 people got in line at 2:30 and 6:00 respectively.

I have seen the show with MLB and Ben Platt. It is my humble opinion that waiting that long for Ben is 100% worth it. So much that I plan to do it again next month.
"

Huh, that is so strange since I thought SRO was given out exclusively through the lottery, were the SRO given out for the afternoon performance? I think that time period is right after claiming ends for the lottery, so many may not have claimed knowing that Ben wasn't on.

lm121362
#589Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/25/17 at 7:33pm

ashleyjena said: "lm121362 said: "

"

Huh, that is so strange since I thought SRO was given out exclusively through the lottery, were the SRO given out for the afternoon performance? I think that time period is right after claiming ends for the lottery, so many may not have claimed knowing that Ben wasn't on.
"

That's exactly what happened. Unclaimed lottery tickets. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Mediamaven2
#590Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/25/17 at 7:56pm

CT2NYC said: ".....

I've seen DEHtwice, both times with the full original cast. In my opinion, Rachel Bay Jones is as vital to the production as Ben Platt. For me, her solo number is the highlight of the entire show.I can't imagine anyone doing the song justice the way she does. Granted, you'd stillbe able to see her after Ben leaves, but I'd try to see them together, if you can.

"

Perhaps you already know this but FYI the composer and lyricist said on Theater Talk perhaps it was that they wrote this song SPECIFICALLY for Rachel, for her voice. So that would add to the "can't imagine anyone" doing it justice like she does!!

ashleyjena
#591Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 8:11am

lm121362 said: "ashleyjena said: "lm121362 said: "

"

"

That's exactly what happened. Unclaimed lottery tickets. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
"

I figured it out basically right after I submitted my comment. I'm guessing a lot of people entered, and forgot that Ben wasn't on, and then didn't claim their tickets.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#592Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 9:55am

3 $450 premium seats available on Telecharge for Friday, 9/29. Right orchestra  D 4, and right orchestra E 2 & 4. If money is no object for you, they're awesome seats, comparable to StubHub's prices, but without the outrageous fees. 

greenifyme2
#593Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 10:25am

Hearing these prices of $450 makes me really sad the orchestra ticket I bought 6 months ago for $189 ended up not being for Ben! He's great but $450 for any show is insane to me (concerts included)!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#594Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 10:26am

$425 left orchestra seat H 7, available on Telecharge for tonight, 9/26. 

mkingwrites
#595Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 2:54pm

Hi, all! Just wanted to share my experience!

I was able to snag a single ticket in the mezzanine to see Ben Platt's Saturday, 9/23 performance. I obsessively refreshed four days before, but the ticket didn't come out until just after 5. For anyone who want the four-a-day rule, I actually counted the times people posted they got tickets for them, and while the vast majority got their tickets between 3-5 p.m., tickets seem to usually trickle out starting at 11 a.m. 

Anywho, I took my lone ticket to the show and was having some trouble watching it, just because I'm a huuuuge facial expression reader and I was having trouble seeing the actors up close. There was a spot open in SRO that I slid in at the beginning of Act II, and I could not BELIEVE!!! how amazing the view was. I could see the actors' expressions *perfectly.* SRO is a million times worth it, in my opinion. 

I also realized there were two empty seats in the front row, right on the aisle stage right (where Ben does most of his important singing/acting!) - I think they must have left at intermission, because it was a packed house when I came in and a cancellation line was out front. 

I snuck into that spot and while I couldn't see past the knees of most of the actors, I got to see Ben Platt sing a mere feet away from me!!!!! The man produces so much fluid!!!!!!!!! Hahaha. It was such an amazing experience that words totally and utterly fail. I blacked out for most of it and don't really remember anything from the second act, I was so overwhelmed with emotion. I wish it could see it every day. 

Thank you infinitely for all the help, everyone! 

lm121362
#596Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 8:56pm

CT2NYC said: "3 $450 premium seats available on Telecharge for Friday, 9/29. Right orchestra D 4, and right orchestraE 2 & 4. If money is no object for you, they're awesomeseats, comparable to StubHub's prices, but without the outrageous fees."

FYI Ben has said in an interview that he gets Yom Kippur off in his contract. It starts at sundown on Friday 9/29 and ends in the evening on Saturday 9/30. I'm not sure if Ben will be out both of those days or just one.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#597Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/26/17 at 9:47pm

lm121362 said: "CT2NYC said: "3 $450 premium seats available on Telecharge for Friday, 9/29. Right orchestra D 4, and right orchestraE 2 & 4. If money is no object for you, they're awesomeseats, comparable to StubHub's prices, but without the outrageous fees."

FYI Ben has said in an interview that he gets Yom Kippur off in his contract. It starts at sundown on Friday 9/29 and ends in the evening on Saturday 9/30. I'm not sure if Ben will be out both of those days or just one.

While that might have been the case at the time of the interview, the changes to Ben's schedule since then make it a moot point, at best. Regardless, any planned absences for the remainder of his run would be common knowledge, and neither day is currently listed as a day off.

Updated On: 9/26/17 at 09:47 PM

ringofkeys2
#598Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/27/17 at 12:34am

There are currently 4 ($450 + fees) premium tickets on Telecharge for the 8PM show this Saturday, 9/30. (Orch Row H 1, 3, 5, 7)

And I thought my Row C Mezz tickets I got for this same performance ~3 months ago (about $310 a piece) were expensive, haha.

Updated On: 9/27/17 at 12:34 AM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#599Dear Evan Hansen - Cancellation Line/Lottery/Ticketing Questions
Posted: 9/29/17 at 11:09pm

1 great $250 Mid-Premium right mezzanine seat, B 8, available on Telecharge for this Sunday, 10/1.

Videos