pixeltracker

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 24

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#575SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 6:54pm

JSquared2 said: "RippedMan said: "Must be nice to be in the 1% to travel up, hotel, price of the ticket that many times. And the show has only been running, what, two months? Good for you all for enjoying it so much."

Bitter -- Party of 1? Your "to go" bag is ready!!!
"

I am regularly shocked to discover how much theater people are able to see, especially people who repeatedly attend the same shows. But, I've learned not to judge. It's their life and their money. I hope I have the kind of money, access, and availability to see my favorite shows every week at some point in my life. But, in the meantime, I'll enjoy being able to see all the theater that I am able to see and be happy that other people are also supporting theater! 

JasonC3
#576SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 8:14pm

Worth remembering that according to Investopedia, average annual income (not counting investments) for the Top 1% is $823,763.  You certainly don't have to make anywhere near that much to spend hundreds each week on entertainment, particularly if you don't have much debt.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#577SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 8:26pm

jkcohen626 said: "JSquared2 said: "RippedMan said: "Must be nice to be in the 1% to travel up, hotel, price of the ticket that many times. And the show has only been running, what, two months? Good for you all for enjoying it so much."

Bitter -- Party of 1? Your "to go" bag is ready!!!
"

I am regularly shocked to discover how much theater people are able to see, especially people who repeatedly attend the same shows. But, I've learned not to judge. It's their life and their money. I hope I have the kind of money, access, and availability to see my favorite shows every week at some point in my life. But, in the meantime, I'll enjoy being able to see all the theater that I am able to see and be happy that other people are also supporting theater!
"

We only see shows once as it's an expensive outing and splurge for great seats usually with some sort of offer. We have spent at least $6000 on tickets this year and saw a lot less shows than years past. We are seeing SLIH this Saturday.

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#578SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/8/22 at 9:45pm

The show is officially frozen. Looking forward to seeing what critics say since this (surprisingly) seems divisive.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#579SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 8:18pm

Opening night for "Some Like It Hot" is Sunday. The big, splashy musical is based on the classic MGM film.

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/some-like-it-hot-to-open-on-broadway-sunday/

We saw today's matinee with friends and we all LOVED it and the at this performance sign was out front Sold Out! Great performances all around and beautifully designed but Christian Borle, Kevin Del Aguila and J. Harrison really stood out **** J. Harrison Ghee's star shines and radiates charm as Daphne! More later! 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 12/11/22 at 08:18 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#580SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 11:03pm

Just leaving the final preview - God I adore this show. The funniest book on Broadway and a score that I’ve really come to love, too. 

JaglinSays
#581SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 11:22pm

I think the reviews will not be kind. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#582SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 11:48pm

JaglinSays said: "I think the reviews will not be kind."

I think the reviews will be right down the middle. No raves, no pans, just mediocre/middling notices. The show is safe. It isn’t a revelation. The score is meh, the jokes are meh, the performances, for the most part are very good. Direction…fine, choreography…so so 

Jordan Catalano
#583SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/10/22 at 11:52pm

Oh damn you’re right, Bill. Those of us that like it are just wrong. Thanks for clearing that up!

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#584SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 12:02am

Jordan Catalano said: "Oh damn you’re right, Bill. Those of us that like it are just wrong. Thanks for clearing that up!"

So sensitive. Was just giving my opinion. We are entitled to weigh in on how we feel about the show right? 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#585SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 12:39am

Jordan Catalano said: "Just leaving the final preview - God I adore this show. The funniest book on Broadway and a score that I’ve really come to love, too."

Caught it tonight, as well, though for the first time. I liked it a lot more than I expected. Some wonderful performances and often genuinely funny. The score is not consistently strong - namely, the songs start to blend and seem overly familiar - but the strong stuff is very.

J Harrison Ghee and NaTasha Yvette Williams are both fantastic. And as you imagine, there's some great tapping. A lot of it.

I expect mixed to positive reviews. But we'll see!

Jordan Catalano
#586SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 12:50am

Bill Snibson said: "So sensitive. Was just giving my opinion. We are entitled to weigh in on how we feel about the show right?"

So sensitive, Bill. Don’t take everything so personally. I was just stating my opinion on your post. 

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#587SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:28am

I caught a Wednesday matinee last week and didn't love it. Found everything to be great besides the book and score. Like someone mentioned above, all sense of danger was lost until about the last 20 minutes of act two. The score was alright, but the book was pretty dull. This is coming from a 28-year-old who grew up on the movie. I think it's safe to say that Kimberly Akimbo wins all the major awards. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#588SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:32am

"Found everything to be great besides the book and score."

So everything that makes it a musical. 

BOM  Profile Photo
BOM
#589SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:34am

Everything that makes a good Musical. Sorry, didn't love your show.

Updated On: 12/11/22 at 01:34 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#590SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:11pm

'Some Like It Hot' Review : A Feverish Musical Farce 
Racing to its farcical climax, the new musical “Some Like It Hot” works up a sizzling head of steam, as its principal characters dash around...
https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-like-it-hot-review-broadway-musical-christian-borle-j-harrison-ghee-marc-shaiman-11670625546

oops they posted early and now down!

Updated On: 12/11/22 at 01:11 PM

Lola Getz2 Profile Photo
Lola Getz2
#591SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:29pm

Robbie2 said: "'Some Like It Hot' Review : A Feverish Musical Farce

https://www.wsj.com/articles/some-like-it-hot-review-broadway-musical-christian-borle-j-harrison-ghee-marc-shaiman-11670625546

oops they posted early and now down!
"

Aw, tease.

At least the headline indicates positive. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#592SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 1:43pm

Some Like It Hot review [Broadway]

Some Like It Hot is a must-see for lovers of Broadway at its toe-tapping best.

The quintessential, raise-the-roof Broadway musical comedy, Some Like It Hot bolsters a classic stage-to-screen adaptation with the insight of a post-modern lens.

https://simonparrismaninchair.com/2022/11/10/some-like-it-hot-review-broadway/

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#593SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 2:58pm

Review: ‘Some Like It Hot’ Is The Joyous Broadway Musical People Have Been Praying For Dusted off, polished and revitalized to reflect contemporary values, 'Some Like It Hot' remains close to perfect. 

Some Like it Hot at the Shubert Theatre is a star-spangled, toe-tapping, show-stopping lollapalooza!

It’s noisy, lavish, unforgettable entertainment—in Broadway’s inspired version of Technicolor!  I loved it. I want to see it again. It’s the next best thing to running away to join the circus. smiley

https://observer.com/2022/12/review-some-like-it-hot-is-the-joyous-broadway-musical-people-have-been-praying-for/

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#594SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 3:34pm

Entertaining, Delightful, Great singing, Funny, Clever
https://www.show-score.com/broadway-shows/some-like-it-hot

Updated On: 12/11/22 at 03:34 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#595SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 3:58pm

I was so pleasantly surprised by this musical. I absolutely fell in love with it! It's big old fashioned song and dance affair that radiates joy. Performers are absolutely phenomenal, with J Harrison Ghee a strong contender for the Tony. And how hard is that ensemble working?! I was absolutely on cloud 9 afterwards and it wonderful to have this type of BIG musical, in the vein of the classics, on Broadway again.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#596SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 5:01pm

SOME LIKE IT HOT Book Writers Amber Ruffin and Matthew López Are 2 Goofballs Ready to Shake Things Up

https://www.theatrely.com/post/some-like-it-hot-book-writers-amber-ruffin-and-matthew-lopez-are-2-goofballs-ready-to-shake-things-up

Juan A. Ramírez

@itsNumberJuan

·Dec 9

the two best shows on Broadway, both new musicals, are on Shubert Alley

Some Like It Hot and Kimberly Akimbo

Updated On: 12/11/22 at 05:01 PM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#597SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 5:28pm

Open Night ~ Live from the Red Carpet now! 

Broadway's new musical comedy Some Like It Hot opens tonight, Sunday, December 11 at the Shubert Theatre. BroadwayWorld will be there for the celbration and you can tune in at 5:15pm ET to watch the red carpet live!

Zeppie2022
#598SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 6:22pm

Just from the few minutes of the show I saw on the parade, I liked it and hope it gets good reviews. I have always gotten a kick out of Christian Borle so him being in the show is added plus to me.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#599SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 12/11/22 at 8:33pm

What time is the review embargo?

Videos