pixeltracker

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders- Page 25

2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#6002007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 5:42pm

im pulling for laura bell! 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
bwaygal1
#6012007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 6:07pm

I think she'll win, regardless of the 2001 Tony that so many feel she didn't deserve.
She's brilliant in this and that's all there is to it.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"What is it about me that people think I live in New York? I know it's probably because I talk really fast and have been known to break into showtunes with no provocation".-Christine Ebersole "Live at the Cinegrill"

"A birdcage I plan to hang. I'll get to that someday. A birdcage for a bird who flew away...Around the world." "Life is a cabaret old chum, only a cabaret old chum, and I love a cabaret!"-RIP Natasha Richardson-I was honored to have witnessed her performance as Sally Bowles.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#6022007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 6:14pm

Whatever, I really liked her in 42nd Street. She sounded great and she was hilarious.

~Steven

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#6032007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 6:33pm

Christine won't be eligible for the Drama Desk Awards will she......being that she WON this last year......right?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#6042007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 6:35pm

Correct.

ETA - So, based on the majority's consensus, every other leading actress on Broadway is really competing for the next best thing to the Tony. And, if they haven't already, to add "Tony-nominated" to every future Playbill.com article about them.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/
Updated On: 4/5/07 at 06:35 PM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#6052007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 8:51pm

I'm pulling for Laura Bell too! 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6062007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:23pm

There is no way Ebersole won't win this award so I don't think arguing about the nominees is even worth it.

If Ebersole has ANY competition, it's from Laura Bell Bundy and Audra McDonald. McDonald won't win because...well probably because the woman has enough damn Tonys already and this performance will (from what I hear) be great but not spectacular.

So that basically leaves Bundy and Ebersole. And Ebersole will win because her roles are simply much, MUCH more demanding physically, mentally, vocally, etc etc.

Chenoweth won't win because the show didn't last long enough; Michele won't win because there's simply not enough buzz around her performance or any single performance in the show for that matter (although I thought she was phenomenal in SA); Block won't win because the show will most definitely be a flop in the grandest sense; Brown won't win because like Michele, there's not enough buzz around her and like Michele, she is very young and has a bright future on stage and will turn in many more first-rate performances.

Ebersole's chances of winning are very, very, very strong. I'd place my bets on her right now.

And as for the CURTAINS girls, I think (if the producers are smart) they will enter both Ziemba and Monk (and any of the other great female performers) in the Featured category where they MIGHT have a stab at winning.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6072007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:25pm

If Ebersole has any competition it is from Donna Murphy and Debra Monk.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6082007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:31pm

Oh, I forgot about Murphy. But I still don't think Murphy has much of a chance of winning...

And I REALLY don't even think Monk will get nominated...I don't know...

djb Profile Photo
djb
#6092007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:32pm

Doesn't "LoveMusik" begin post-Tony deadline?

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6102007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:46pm

"Doesn't "LoveMusik" begin post-Tony deadline?"

No it makes the Tony deadline. I believe it opens in May but makes the Tony cut-off.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#6112007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:55pm

"And as for the CURTAINS girls, I think (if the producers are smart) they will enter both Ziemba and Monk (and any of the other great female performers) in the Featured category where they MIGHT have a stab at winning."

No, that's a bad idea. I'm sure they don't want them competing against each other. They could even cancel each other out for nominations by splitting votes.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

FallintoLight Profile Photo
FallintoLight
#6122007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/5/07 at 11:44pm

Thanks Margo for your explaination! I am now less confused:)

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#6132007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:56am

I believe there is almost no chance that Debra Monk will be petitioned as featured. There is a reason her name is above the title. It'll be terribly unfair to Ziemba who actually has a shot at winning in the featured category (I know, Wilson is the favorite rightly so, but Ziemba's great in CURTAINS and could win).
And Donna Murphy will probably represent some competition to Ebersole. After all, she's playing a character from real life, she's working with a legendary director (who actually directed Lenya herself), and she is a fantastic wonderful actress.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Becoz_i_knew_you21
#6142007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 1:01am

I've been thinking the woman who wins the other awards leading up to the Tony's will basically be who comes in second place next to Ebersole because she is ineligible for all awards besides the Tony.

Yankeefan007
#6152007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 7:40am

Well Block's out.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#6162007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 7:43am

And according to that article you posted about a possible FOLLIES revival, there seems to be some concern at GREY GARDENS about Ebersole and her recent spate of missed performances hurting her chances now, too.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#6172007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 7:45am

I still think Blocks in. She's carrying the show, just as HJ did in BFO (which also got bad reviews). Go Steph!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6182007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:03am

Yes, but Hugh Jackman got RAVES across the boards.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#6192007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:25am

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04062007/entertainment/theater/grey_ed_nerves_theater_michael_riedel.htm?page=1

Reidel sums it up. If he's right, it's between Ebersole and Bundy.

....but the world goes 'round

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#6202007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 8:31am

Well, given that we have yet to even see McDonald's or Murphy's performances, it's fairly early to be saying it's between Ebersole and ____________.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 4/6/07 at 08:31 AM

Yankeefan007
#6212007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 9:22am

There's no concern for Ebersole...he's just stirring it up. Updated On: 4/6/07 at 09:22 AM

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#6222007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 9:24am

So was I. 2007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#6232007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 10:35am

"there seems to be some concern at GREY GARDENS about Ebersole and her recent spate of missed performances hurting her chances now, too."

What? She missed like two performances closer to the beginning of the year due to sickness. She has been out all week this week on vacation, but that's been publicized for ages. I don't really see how this is an issue.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Went back and read, now I get the sarcasm. Updated On: 4/6/07 at 10:35 AM

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#6242007 Leading Actress in a Musical Tony Nominee Contenders?
Posted: 4/6/07 at 10:40am

it was a joke...don't worry. christine will win the Tony this year.

Videos