pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?- Page 27

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC takes the Kerr?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#650A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/14/09 at 11:09pm

Regardless of the roles? I want them back on Broadway soon, too, but I want them back in roles that they're, you know, right for.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#651A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/15/09 at 12:04am

Not being Raul's biggest Fan,
I actually thought he might be interesting in this role,
not so much vocally, but actorally.
What's the dirt, billing? Money?
Tell...

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#652A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/15/09 at 12:15pm

Well from somebody directly involved with the show, the cast list will be out in the New York Times this week.

I'll take the wind and soar.

neil30043
#653A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 9:30am

OK....we're waiting......(not patiently)......

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#654A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 9:35am

>Well from somebody directly involved with the show, the cast list will be out in the New York Times this week.<

No, it won't.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

luvtheEmcee
#655A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 11:15am

Hahaha.

Updated On: 7/16/09 at 11:15 AM

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#656A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 2:04pm

Haha, they must be having a hard time with some of the contracts and sealing the deal. It's taking FOREVER!

Byron Abens
#657A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 2:22pm

Casting is a very difficult puzzle. At least in the regional world you don't make offers for every role all at once. Using Night Music as an example, a smart director would cast their Desiree first, make sure she is onboard, then proceed with other roles such as Fredrik. After all, your second choice Desiree may not work with your first choice for Fredrik, which means if you sent both of your first choices offers and then your Desiree declines and you have to go with the second choice but your first choice Fredrik accepts then you are stuck with a less than ideal pair. But if you get Desiree in line first then you can find an ideal match for her for Fredrik, even if it may not have been the person you initially had as your first choice.

madlibrarian
#658A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 4:15pm

So: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC starring Li'l Kim and Wayne Newton!?

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#659A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 4:58pm

I know Broadway Secrets is not the best source, but this is the first I've heard of this "rumor." I haven't heard his name mentioned anywhere on this thread. Any truth to this rumor, or just a fan's wishes?

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#660A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:00pm

Aaron Lazar bores me.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#661A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:06pm

I'd heard a more interesting name for Carl-Magnus, but then again I had heard twenty more interesting names than Hannah Waddingham for Desiree, and that didn't get me anywhere.
I think Lazar looks awfully young for Carl-Magnus, but I guess it'd work.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#662A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:08pm

Lazar signed on at the end of last week.

He will indeed be playing Carl-Magnus.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#663A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:10pm

I want to lick his nose. but that's independent from my feelings of him as an actor.

I know I'm not very good with this...but is his voice really right for Carl-Magnus?

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#664A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:12pm

This thread is giving me a freaking headache. I think I'm gonna have to leave it until there's an OFFICIAL announcement.

Everyone is telling a different story about who is cast and who isn't...

ray-andallthatjazz86
#665A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:12pm

Considering the women that were rumored for Charlotte at one point or another, I think casting someone Lazar's age makes sense. Good for him, it's such a great role, I really hope he makes the most out of it. I enjoy him in the LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA filmed performance. And I think it'd be a lot of fun to see how the age difference between Desiree and him will play out as well as the age difference between him and whoever plays Fredrick, especially in "It Would Have Been Wonderful."

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#666A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:17pm

Lazar has a great voice. And that's about it for him.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#667A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/16/09 at 5:49pm

I think Lazar is one of the most talented young actors on Broadway. Good for him.

neil30043
#668A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 8:58am

time for a summary of rumors and probabilities (you decided which is which):

Desiree: Hannah W. from England or Marin Mazzie
Frederick: No one really on track (still hopeful for Stokes Mitchell)
Madame Armfeldt: Angela Lansbury
Carl-Magnus: Aaron Lazar
Charlotte: Jenny Powers
Petra: Leigh Ann Larkin
Anne: Ramona Mallory
Henrick: Hunter Herdlicka

Yankeefan007
#669A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 9:15am

Who are Ramona Mallory and Hunter Herdlicka (bad, BAD name).

binau Profile Photo
binau
#670A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 9:35am

So no chance of Bernadette this time?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

ray-andallthatjazz86
#671A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 11:40am

No, it's not Bernadette.
Marin Mazzie would be fantastic, but isn't she pushing 50? I thought that made her "too old" for this revival.

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#672A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 11:46am

Then that would make Bernadette way too old.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

luvtheEmcee
#673A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 11:50am

Oy vey this is getting so silly.

ray-andallthatjazz86
#674A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC
Posted: 7/17/09 at 11:52am

Getting?...

Videos