pixeltracker

What's next at the Winter Garden- Page 3

What's next at the Winter Garden

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#50What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/18/14 at 11:20pm

Walked by today and there were a team of people with folders and measuring tapes. Holiday show?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#51What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/19/14 at 12:29pm

Rocky load-out ended nearly two weeks ago, though it did last a while. I also walked by in two nights ago and saw some action near on the 7th Ave. entrance, but the Broadway entrance looked so sad and dark. Hope to see something brighten up the theatre soon!

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#52What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 10:44am

Now hearing Wolf Hall/Bodies may be moving to a 45th Street house.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Jonwo
#53What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 10:51am

The Golden and Schoenfeld are already taken by Skylight and The Audience, Pippin I imagine will still be running so that rules out the Music Box which only leaves The Jacobs, Booth and Lyceum, my money's on the Jacobs since I wouldn't be surprised if Once closes in January.

neonlightsxo
#54What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 10:53am

Why not the Booth? Also Disgraced is an open ended run, which wouldn't leave the Lyceum open unless it does poorly.

Jonwo
#55What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 11:09am

The West End transfer of Wolf Hall/Bring up the Bodies was at the Aldwych which is a 1200 seat theatre so I would think the RSC and the commericial producers would be looking for theatres with at least 1000+ seats which would rule out the Booth.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#56What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 11:24am

I thought the Winter Garden would be ideal for Bring Up the Bodies/Wolf Hall. Doesn't it require a fairly large stage? (The pictures sure make it look that way.)

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#57What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 12:15pm

It doesn't look like that technical of a production. I could see Can Can moving in. Surprised none of the Christmas shows have scooped it up for the winter.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#58What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 12:56pm

Maybe From Here to Eternity will go into the Winter Garden in the Spring.

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#59What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 1:08pm

From Here to Eternity??? I haven't heard a peep about a transfer.

I really thought this would be an ideal house for the two plays-lots of space for what appears to be 2 large casts and very popular titles.

Jonwo
#60What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 1:18pm

It's not a huge show, the set is the same for both shows and to put a play into what is a big musical house is risky, it worked for All the Way at the Neil Simon but it may or may not be the same for Wolf Hall/Bring up the Bodies.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#61What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 1:24pm

I think the two plays could sell very well-those books are really well known. The plays also got strong reviews.

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#62What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 2:47pm

I take it back! Winter Garden it is. Previews March 20, opens April 9.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/wolf-hall-stars-will-join-transfer-to-broadway-next-year/?module=BlogPost-Title&version=Blog%20Main&contentCollection=Arts&action=Click&pgtype=Blogs®ion=Body

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.
Updated On: 9/25/14 at 02:47 PM

Jonwo
#63What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 3:03pm

I don't like they're called it Wolf Hall part 1 and 2 but I know why they're are doing it since Bring up the Bodies didn't sell as well as Wolf Hall apart from on the double show days.

As I mentioned, I think it's risky to put plays in a musical house but it's a hit, it could pay off handsomely.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#64What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 3:50pm

And I was right. I think that's a good choice for it and look forward to seeing the two shows in rep.

Phillypinto
#65What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 3:59pm

Dreaming, from here to eternity is coming to Broadway in 2015. They have been talking about this on broadwayworld for several weeks now.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#66What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 4:12pm

That's nice...but it's not going into the Winter Garden.

Phillypinto
#67What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 4:15pm

Thanks for informing me dreaming. Because I had no idea from all the comments right above mine.

dreaming Profile Photo
dreaming
#68What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 4:16pm

You're most welcome.

Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
#69What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 5:31pm

The Tudors ARE coming to New York!!!

Princeton Returns Profile Photo
Princeton Returns
#70What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 9/25/14 at 5:35pm

I think it's a great idea and makes complete sense to have it as wolf hall parts 1 and 2. Clearly shows to those not aware of the books that it's one completely linked story.

jpiedrafite
#71What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 11/13/14 at 11:10am

Looking for the $150 tickets for the marathon days - they're either the last few rows of the mezzanine or the far sides of the rear orchestra. I know it's a wide theater, so would the mezzanine be better? Thanks in advance!

buddy5
#72What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 11/13/14 at 1:32pm

Solid rumors for Danny Burstein doing a 50th anniversary revival of Fiddler on the Roof.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#73What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 11/13/14 at 2:01pm

^ that would be AWESOME!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jarethan
#74What's next at the Winter Garden
Posted: 11/13/14 at 3:35pm

I got tickets in the orchestra, but considered mezzanine. One of the reasons was the way the set juts out into the orchestra (see seating plan). I am guessing that a lot of the action takes place there.

The other reason I considered mezz was fear of getting someone tall in front of us for 6 hours or however long the play is.

I finally opted for orchestra (I went for the $200 seats) because I figured it was a bargain...$100 a performance and I am in Row H only 4 seats off the aisle (and the first three are premium).

Does anyone know how long it is?

Videos