LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#50LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 10:53pm

"you do know that people come all the way to NYC to see their fav opera singers at the met right?" -- Pinto (obviously)

Well if they come in July they will have to sit in their seats for about 90 days. 

Lesson # 888: 

Baseball in summer. 

Opera in winter.

Both involve a lot of waiting around for the exciting parts. LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#51LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 10:59pm

"Well if they come in July they will have to sit in their seats for about 90 days."

I never said she is going to bring people into the met over the summer. You are smearing. Im just saying, people to travel to see opera singers, and she is a big star so people might consider coming over for her.  I want to know how they are selling in June and July

Play Esq, yes, i am aware that the Met is dark in the summer. I don't think that has anything to do with anything. If people like her enough, they will come to see her. Do you know how they are selling over the summer?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY
Updated On: 4/20/15 at 10:59 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#52LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:01pm

double

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:01 PM

LesWickedly
#53LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:01pm

Yikes! When is the last time a show announced closing opening night?

Living On Love closing date moved forward

Phillypinto
#54LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:05pm

LMFAO!!!! Yes you did!!! I was about to be pissed!! hahaha that was funny though

JPeterman Profile Photo
JPeterman
#55LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:10pm

"Yikes! When is the last time a show announced closing opening night?
Living On Love closing date moved forward"

LesWickedly ..... sir, madam, my hat goes off to you.  Very well played.  That was very enjoyable.

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:10 PM

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#56LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:11pm

You realize it's not hard to figure out how well the show is doing in June and July, right?  Just look on Telecharge to see the ticket availability.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#57LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:15pm

"
"Well if they come in July they will have to sit in their seats for about 90 days."
what does that even mean? 
Play Esq, yes, i am aware that the Met is dark in the summer. I don't think that has anything to do with anything. If people like her enough, they will come to see her. Do you know how they are selling over the summer?"

What does that even mean?  What you previously said you understood about the Met being dark. 

Honey, i love you (can't stand you and I'm sure your love life will consist of a series of...meaninglessness for the rest of your life...), but with that said, if opera goers are not seeing her at the Met when they could couple the PEOPLE'S DIVA with 3 or 4 other operas during the fall and winter, why would they wait to be in New York at the WOREST time of year, to see her kinda act?

Babe, I get it: she's your first opera crush.  (Natalie Dessay was mine.). But you're a tool. And, well, you know you are getting a reaction as a result of your obnoxious disposition.  We indulge you here....we are just as much as fault for your obnoxiousness as you (well...not as responsible...but I'm trying to be nice.

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:15 PM

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#58LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:18pm

I think the producers may have been counting on people coming to see Fleming.  So far, that has not happened.  I think most fans of Fleming want to come hear her sing live - Seeing her in a play which - based on videos - aims to make fun of opera and opera divas - is not, necessarily, what those Fleming fans want to see.  

I looked at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday June 13 - the balcony and mezzanine are pretty much all available - and the orchestra is about 1/3 sold.  Draw your own conclusions based on only one data point.  

Phillypinto
#59LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:22pm

JPeterman, who are you?

Play Esq, the reason why everyone talks to me on here is because they know I am being serious.  I am not trying to get any reaction. I express my opinion like everyone else on this board. Think of me as the Elisabeth Hasselbeck from The View.

HamBiggar
#60LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

PINTO isn't a tool; he's a full-on dolt.  Dumber than a box of hair...

Phillypinto
#61LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

and I am NOT your "babe"

are you cute? LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#62LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:23pm

"JPeterman, who are you?
Play Esq, the reason why everyone talks to me on here is because they know I am being serious.  I am not trying to get any reaction. I express my opinion like everyone else on this board. Think of me as the Elisabeth Hasselbeck from The View."

Yes, dear.  

LesWickedly
#63LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:25pm

Why are you asking who JPeterman is?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#64LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:26pm

I just looked at tickets for a whole bunch of SATURDAY nights:  it's not selling well.  I doubt that they have surpassed 1/3 capacity.  Under 50% sold in the orchestra, and nearly nothing in the mezz or orch.

I'd say it announces closing right after the Tony noms.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Phillypinto
#65LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:26pm

Idk he got joy from that joke. Makes me wonder what he thinks about me, plus I don't know if I've ever talked to him

littlebro2
#66LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:28pm

Part of me hopes that this play's death on Broadway will result in phillypinto's death on this message board...

2014- Cripple of Inishmaan, Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Bullets Over Broadway

Phillypinto
#67LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:31pm

What a truly awful thing to say.

I won't be on here for much longer

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#68LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

Pinto,

The reality, which I doubt you have any intention of grasping, is that opera lovers are otherwise occupied in the summer, whether at festivals in Europe, in the Hamptons, Berkshires or the Poconos (depending on where they sit at the Met). They are not coming to NY in the summer unless Caruso is reincarnated and booked to sing Rigoletto.

If you are interested in the advance for July, have a look at Telecharge where you will discover that there are over 30,000 seats available. 

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#69LIVING ON LOVE Reviews

I decided to do some research regarding this show's advance sale by picking a random Friday in mid-June and mid-July.  The mid-June performance is showing 856 seats available and the mid-July has 863 available.  The capacity is 1,073, so on these random dates they've sold at most 210 or 217 seats, and I'm imagining that there are probably about 20 production holds.  In reality less than 200 seats sold.  I wouldn't call that a healthy advance.

Phillypinto
#70LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:33pm

I find it funny how Hogan speaks for all of those people

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#71LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:36pm

"I find it funny how Hogan speaks for all of those people"

He's entirely correct.  I'm one of those people.  

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#72LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:46pm

Only exception: Caruso would have sung the part of the Duke of Mantua, not Rigoletto. 

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:46 PM

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#73LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:49pm

Wow. These reviews are all over the place. They either loved it or hated it.

BosBroad
#74LIVING ON LOVE Reviews
Posted: 4/20/15 at 11:54pm

One *possible* part of the explanation - at the stage door, a bunch of us were wondering about the difference in the reception for the jokes between opera fans and non-opera fans.  I think you miss A LOT if you don't know opera.  And if you don't like opera and its trappings, I think it would be a hard play to sit through.  

I found a bunch of the opera-centered jokes hysterical -I mean really, really funny.  I can't identify non-opera centered jokes like that.

Updated On: 4/20/15 at 11:54 PM

Videos