pixeltracker

Natasha ... on-stage seating- Page 3

Natasha ... on-stage seating

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#50Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/7/16 at 7:25am

Officially? No. But the belief was that they chose to wait until they were physically in the space to make sure no alterations to the design plan were needed.

I don't mind that the seats were on hold/not assigned but the way they are messing with the transactions.

Update#2:  the person on the other end of my email has now called and emailed me additionally.  He's promised to have this taken care of....but likely not until Monday because of who he is dealing with at the ticket master  (or Telecharge...whichever one it is!)

I doubt this will hurt sales as it seems to only effect a small portion of people.  It's annoying, but not the end of the world.  

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#52Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/7/16 at 9:06am

Except....people KNEW they wouldn't have their seats upon purchase....if they didn't like it, they shouldn't have purchased unknowingly.  It was quite clear that seat assignments would come later.

As for how they are handling it....I'm sure it has more to do with Telecharge rather than The Great Comet.  I'm sure they weren't willing to upgrade their system for one show without passing on the charges.  I deal with a nationwide program (not ticket sales) that gives all clients the same service.  They change/upgrade things we ask for: if we are willing to pay for its development and then it becomes available to everyone.  Nuts, huh?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611
#54Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/7/16 at 11:09am

Yes, I'm fully aware of how things use to be.

From where you sit, you see the negative looming...and I get that.   But what's the alternative? NOT selling on stage at the same time?  Then you have people whining about that.   Let's face it....being in customer service has a lot of negatives...and the big guys won't ever think about that.

dramamama611
#56Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/8/16 at 2:00pm

Final! Update!

Problem solved.  Not only do I have a confirmation email of tickets, but also my actual printable tickets. (This I was terribly surprised about!)

So.....anyone having problems, don't hesitate to contact the email provided above!

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#57Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 11:28am

Well.  I got a new order confirmation, but it came with the same additional email of "your seats will be decided later..." and no information in the confirmation about where I'm sitting.  (Also no charge or refund on my credit card.)  The old order appears in my Telecharge account as 0 tickets and no new order to be found.  I'm going to give it a couple days to see if it all sorts out, but.  It's strange.

Patty3
#58Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 11:34am

I got an email confirmation for the new tickets and the exact seat numbers. A new order showed up on my charge but no refund yet.

I checked the seat map on Telecharge and the map now lets you choose your on stage seats so I was able to see our location. Will wait a few days for the refund to come through. 

PaulWom
#59Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 12:00pm

Patty3 Taryn contact the email info@maxolev.com mentioned above in the thread if you continue to have problems

Updated On: 8/11/16 at 12:00 PM

mtchairs Profile Photo
mtchairs
#60Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 7:13pm

I contacted info@maxolev.com and got my order sorted out quickly. They were very helpful. Telecharge have sent me the tickets and I have been allocated seats at a table in the Sunken Tavern, Stage Right. Much to my relief the new charge and refund ended up cancelling each other out on my credit card statement. The only thing still to happen is for the new order to show up in my Telecharge account. Only the cancelled order shows up at the moment.

Only 3 months to go!

Updated On: 8/11/16 at 07:13 PM

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#61Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 8:03pm

My card was refunded and then charged again, just like the email stated. I still haven't received my seat assignment, though. I suppose it doesn't matter, but I am curious where I'll be sitting. 

Kitzka
#62Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/11/16 at 10:23pm

Hmm I will write to the email address tomorrow. I have not received a refund nor a new charge. Just want to ensure I get some decent on stage seats!

thanks everyone for the updates. 

schubox
#63Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/12/16 at 5:56pm

Got the new charge today. Still no refund or email with our seat locations. Seems like I may be a few days behind the rest of you.

smidge
#64Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/12/16 at 6:07pm

Just got the email with the e-tickets and seat locations. Second charge went on my card but no refund yet.

jennab113 Profile Photo
jennab113
#65Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/13/16 at 5:22pm

Today I got two new confirmation e-mails - one for the date I originally picked and one for 10/18.  I also have two new charges on my credit card and no refund.  I guess I will be spending some time on the phone soon.

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#66Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/13/16 at 6:15pm

If you haven't yet jennab, email the address posted on this page. I did, and they were incredibly quick and courteous with their response. And they provided me exactly the information I needed without having to provide them anything more than my name and the date of the show I'd be attending. 

schubox
#67Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/13/16 at 7:23pm

I also got two emails. One informing me of the purchase (which is for the correct date). The other one says my seats won't be assigned until "around Setember 5th." What? Wasn't the whole point of this refunding and recharging to get seat assignments? If they were literally just going to do the exact same thing as before, why did they need to do all of this with the card? Still haven't got my refund either 

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 07:23 PM

schubox
#68Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/13/16 at 8:55pm

PThespian said: "dramamama611 said: "Officially? No. But the belief was that they chose to wait until they were physically in the space to make sure no alterations to the design plan were needed.

I don't mind that the seats were on hold/not assigned but the way they are messing with the transactions.

Update#2:  the person on the other end of my email has now called and emailed me additionally.  He's promised to have this taken care of....but likely not until Monday because of who he is dealing with at the ticket master  (or Telecharge...whichever one it is!)

I doubt this will hurt sales as it seems to only effect a small portion of people.  It's annoying, but not the end of the world.  

Giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were holding off assigning seats until the design was finished it still doesn't explain why they now have to come up with this convaluted process for assigning them. 

I know charging and refunding is the way Telecharge usually works, but surely they could have tweaked the system given the large number of transactions that are involved here?

It also makes you wonder who is doing the actual seat assigning and how they are determining who gets which one. 

Just like some orchestra seats are better than others, even at the same price point, I'm sure some of the onstage seats will be better than others. 

I can just see the poor ushers (and that house has some of the nicest ushers on Broadway) dealing with people complaining about how come they are sitting where they are sitting instead of over there where those people are sitting. Angry that they didn't get to pick their own seats because they never would've chosen the ones they are sitting in. 

People complain about their seats all the time (ie the view is obstructed, I didn't realize they would be this far away from center, I didn't realize how far back they actually are, etc.) and they're the ones that picked them. 

I can just imagine what they are going to say when they had no say in the matter. 

It reminds me of the days when you would call Telecharge to order tickets, and all they would tell you was if you were getting an orchestra seat, a mezzanine seat, etc without exact seat locations. Those were fun times to work the aisle. 

"

Some on the on stage seats are just as far back as rear mez it seems

https://cloudimages.broadwayworld.com/upload11/1317827/files/seating-onstage.jpg

Updated On: 8/13/16 at 08:55 PM

dramamama611
#69Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/13/16 at 10:12pm

1. That pix is not to scale.   

2. Count the number of rows to get a better idea.

3. Most of the action takes place on the circular paths.

jennab113 Profile Photo
jennab113
#70Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/14/16 at 8:17am

I did send an e-mail, but since it was Saturday at 5:30, I'm not expecting a response until Monday. 

Question about the table seating - it looks like my seat for the date I am going is at a table right next to Pierre's study, but my back would be to the area if I were sitting correctly at the table. For those that saw earlier versions of the show, was this an issue or was it easy to turn your head/body to see everything?

dramamama611
#71Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/14/16 at 9:36am

Very easy.

jennab113 Profile Photo
jennab113
#72Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/14/16 at 9:03pm

Thanks, dramamama.  I wasn't too worried, but just thought about that as I looked at where the seat is.  If I'm sitting at the table, I'll have my back to the audience, which is weird.

Today I got two more e-mails from Telecharge - one saying thanks for your purchase with the correct date listed and another a minute later that said seats will be assigned after September 5th.  I really hope another charge doesn't show up on my credit card.  Two is more than enough.  This is definitely a mess.  Hope the show is worth the hassle. :)

ChiTheaterFan
#73Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/16/16 at 3:13pm

FYI you can now select the specific on stage seats you want on telecharge.  (Sorry if this has already been covered. I didn't see it in the thread.)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#74Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/16/16 at 3:22pm

I got charged and refunded a while ago (2 weeks) but hadn't received my assigned seating other than another email telling it will be done after Sept 5th. I called the number they had given (which turned out to be the box office) and they told what my assigned seats were and said I'll get an email from telecharge probably later.

I went back to see if seats are on the website, and as ChiTheaterFan said, it shows the exact locations now. I LOVE my seats! BB 6 and 8 on stage. Couldn't have selected better ones myself I feel :)

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

dramamama611
#75Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/16/16 at 4:00pm

I'm pretty happy with mine, too....BB....7,9 & 11.   Very excited.  (We're also seeing it in October in the orchestra.)

LOVED the show at the ART...saw it twice there, too!

schubox
#76Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/17/16 at 12:21pm

dramamama611 said: "I'm pretty happy with mine, too....BB....7,9 & 11.   Very excited.  (We're also seeing it in October in the orchestra.)

LOVED the show at the ART...saw it twice there, too!

"

Thats about where I am too. Is there a good seating chart that shows where the seats are?

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#77Natasha ... on-stage seating
Posted: 8/17/16 at 12:50pm

For those who caught the ART production, is Pierre's Salon the "central locale". Debating booking a swivel armchair. Wanna make sure it's worth the price. Any insight greatly appreciated! Natasha ... on-stage seating

Videos