pixeltracker

What's Next for the Imperial?- Page 3

What's Next for the Imperial?

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#50What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 6/13/23 at 10:18pm

Broadway Flash said: "I heard it was Come Fall in Love, the new Bollywood musical."

I would love this to take the Imperial. Just the name recognition could have it open big.

(Unrelated, but I do love all the years-old prognosticating on this thread...)

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#51What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 12:08pm

Is Come Fall in Love still coming in? Haven't heard anything recently.

thephantomlurker
#52What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 12:43pm

Not sure if it’s still coming, but it won’t be the Imperial. Something else has it booked. Announcing soon. 

Broadway Flash
#53What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 12:59pm

Wanna give us a hint?

DCS
#54What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:03pm

Could it be the announcement will be sometime after Sept 3rd?

thephantomlurker
#55What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:10pm

Something that’s been relatively off the radar on this board but had a fairly well received OOT. I don’t think it’s super secret but my source is still under embargo tho :)

RWPrincess
#56What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:18pm

The Karate Kid?

As for Come Fall in Love, I find it interesting that Austin Colby and Shoba Narayan have been involved with smaller projects but neither has signed on for another show full time. It is almost like they are in a holding pattern.

saxpower
#57What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:20pm

RWPrincess said: "The Karate Kid?

Dang.  Beat me to the guess! 

Broadway Flash
#58What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:24pm

I’m thinking water for elephants 

Chaz Hands
#59What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 1:56pm

thephantomlurker said: "Something that’s been relatively off the radar on this board but had a fairly well received OOT. I don’t think it’s super secret but my source is still under embargo tho :)"

My guess is Trading Places. I don’t know if Water for Elephants would be ready yet. They’ve been working on Trading Places extensively for the past couple months, and both Bryce Pinkham and Aneesa Folds don’t have a spring project announced yet.

Dom P
#60What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 2:51pm

thephantomlurker said: "Something that’s been relatively off the radar on this board but had a fairly well received OOT. I don’t think it’s super secret but my source is still under embargo tho :)"

Is it A Wonderful World?,Water for Elephants?

Dom P
#61What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 3:15pm

The Imperial would seem to be too large for "Swept Away" written by the Avett Brothers and which Starks Sands and John Gallagher Jr did on the west coast. I know that's doing an east coast run ,not sure if it's Arena Stage or not.

BoringBoredBoard40
#62What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 5:02pm

It is 110% not Trading Places, that show is stuck looking for money right now

Chaz Hands
#63What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 5:20pm

Interesting. I would be SHOCKED if it is Karate Kid or Water for Elephants. My new guesses are The Heart of Rock n Roll, Joy, or Kiss My Aztec.

Pure guesses haha

OuttaTowner
#64What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 5:41pm

I’d love for it to be Swept Away, but you’re right - far too large. Hope this makes it to NYC. 

Dom P
#65What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 6:18pm

OuttaTowner said: "I’d love for it to be Swept Away, but you’re right - far too large. Hope this makes it to NYC."

It's at Arena Stage,Nov 25-Dec 30. So if there a plans to bring it to NYC, late winter early spring at the earliest 🤞

lapinitsa Profile Photo
lapinitsa
#66What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 6:37pm

Chaz Hands said: "Interesting. I would be SHOCKED if it is Karate Kid or Water for Elephants. My new guesses are The Heart of Rock n Roll, Joy, or Kiss My Aztec.

Pure guesses haha
"

Don't know how big a show the Huey Lewis piece is but I think the Imperial is too large for Joy or Aztec.

I'll guess The Outsiders. which fits the OP's description of the show having had a successful OOT experience.

perfectpenguin
#67What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 6:45pm

The Wanderer ? I doubt it would transfer without Christy Altomare though. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#68What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 7:46pm

I seem to recall someone saying Come Fall In Love - The DDLJ  Musical had the Imperial Theatre.

Edit: oops, sorry thephantomlurker, totally glossed over your reply. 
The Imperial is such a tricky space, I can never tell if a show is too small for it or not, and all of these shows sound like they would want something smaller. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 8/5/23 at 07:46 PM

Falsettolands
#69What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 7:50pm

sure plays mean pinball...

Broadway Flash
#70What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 8:27pm

I thought that was going into the Jacobs.  The Imperial seems too big for Tommy.

Dom P
#71What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/5/23 at 10:31pm

Falsettolands said: "sure plays mean pinball..."

Could be. Des McAnuff's "Ain't too Proud " played there. The original "Tommy" Broadway engagement was at the St James which is larger.

OuttaTowner
#72What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/6/23 at 12:30pm

Outsiders or Water for Elephants could utilize bigger houses. The other shows skew smaller.

I’m not sure we need the Tommy retread, though I guess if they think it’ll make money…

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#73What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/6/23 at 12:45pm

It was very successful here in Chicago, but it isn't a "huge" show but maybe with some supplemental money it would be bigger on Broadway? 

BroadwaysBroad
#74What's Next for the Imperial?
Posted: 8/18/23 at 6:22pm

Someone in another thread confirmed Tommy, but if that happens, will The Outsiders go to another theater? Or maybe one after another? 

have two musicals ever run in the same theater at the same time?

Videos