pixeltracker

Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining- Page 3

Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#50Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/7/24 at 6:40pm

Has anyone heard of a reading happening soon with Adam Sandler now as Jack? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
KevinKlawitter
#52Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/7/24 at 7:00pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Has anyone heard of a reading happening soonwith Adam Sandler now as Jack?"

Adam Sandler as Jack would be fascinating casting. It could potentially work like Punch-Drunk Love, allowing him to tap into both his inherent likeability as well as the rage that simmers just under the surface of so many of his characters.

Ben Stiller was good casting, but Adam Sandler would be inspired (as long he's stage-ready).

Updated On: 6/7/24 at 07:00 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#53Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/7/24 at 11:03pm

One thing about Sandler is that he’s nothing like Nicholson but he talks with similar rhythms. Tell me you can’t hear Sandler’s slightly mush-mouthed New York drawl fitting the film’s dialogue like a glove. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#54Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/8/24 at 3:05am

Pretty easily! 

Sammy232
#55Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/8/24 at 8:08am

Call_me_jorge said: "Has anyone heard of a reading happening soonwith Adam Sandler now as Jack?"

I was so impressed with him in Uncut Gems, I think this is a really interesting choice. And not because I've heard any sort of gossip at all, but would love to see either Adam Driver or Edward Norton take this on.

CopleyScott17
#56Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/8/24 at 10:52am

I'm pretty hot and cold on Van Hove's work -- didn't like "Network" but LOVED "West Side Story" -- but I'd be very excited to see this. 

AEA AGMA SM
#57Ivo Van Hove to direct stage adaptation of The Shining
Posted: 6/8/24 at 11:26am

I think one thing that often gets forgotten because of Nicholson (who was 42 during filming) in the Kubrick film is that Jack and Wendy were only supposed to be coming up on 30 in the novel. Not that the age is the most important element, but something about a nearly 60 year old Jack (in the case of Sandler or Stiller) or even a mid 50s Jack (with Norton) just feels off to me.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25

Latest Posts

Videos