pixeltracker

This is "Your" Show Because...- Page 3

This is "Your" Show Because...

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#50re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 12:03am

Thank you, DGrant. That means a lot to me.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

broadwaysweetheart
#51re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 12:04am

umm there r many but i guess BEAUTY AND THE BEAST, that's when I decided i wanted to study Musical Theatre and it was the first big show i saw. I was 12

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#52re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 2:25pm

PETER PAN. Changed my life, it is now my life.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

redhotinnyc2 Profile Photo
redhotinnyc2
#53re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 3:11pm

uh, Capn - meaning you refuse to grow up?LOL...just teasin ya...

"I don't really get the ending,all i can go with is when after several months,Judith saw Pat sang,and later she kissed him on the toilet,after that the story back to where Pat went down from the stage after he'd sung,and he went to the italian lady.I just don't get it,what Judith exatcly meant when he kissed Pat that she had seen,and did Pat end up together with The Italian Lady?Please help me,thank u very much!" Quote from someone on IMDB in reference to a movie he/she didn't understand. Such grammar!

ponine24601
#54re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 4:29pm

the first time i realized that i wanted to study musical theatre was when i went to see grease. i was like 7 and they had this dance contest before the show began. you were allowed to go up on stage and dance. i was hesitant at first but my mom pulled me up there. as soon as the lights hit me and i looked out into the audience it was all over for me.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

LadyMann
#55re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 5:16pm

Scarlet Pimpernel--is def. my show. I got interested in it when I heard Terrence Mann would be in it, and i was addicted since then. I joined the League and met some awesome people, whom i still talk to some today. I had a great time w/that show and I'll never forget any of them.

Laramie Project--I did at school and will always hold a really big spot in my heart.

"will you be my friend, when everything ends?"-drift (jeremy schonfeld)

ChristineDaae Profile Photo
ChristineDaae
#56re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 5:17pm

Phantom of the Opera: I just love this show. I love the story and music!

"Life will be frozen peaches and cream. Baby, dream Your Dream" ~ SC

ponine24601
#57re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 5:33pm

phantom inspired me too. i love watching shows and picking out roles that fit my voice and personality. it gives even more reasons to get into musical theatre.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#58re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 5:53pm

::sings "I Won't Grow Up!"::

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Updated On: 7/13/04 at 05:53 PM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#59re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 6:35pm

Without a doubt, "Rent" because it was the first musical I became obsessed with and it caused my obsession with Broadway in general. I became a fan about two years ago during a hard time in my life so I identified with what Jonathan Larson was trying to say.

Also, I guess I could say "Hairspray" because of Marissa Jaret Winokur. She became somewhat of a role model for myself and I even burst out crying during her Tony acceptance speech. She made me feel like I could do anything, especially on Broadway, no matter what I looked like. After last year's Tonys I started to really pay attention to "Hairspray" and Tracy Turnblad's story. "Hairspray" is very inspirational, to a lot of people, not just myself.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#60re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 6:37pm

EVERY show is MY show!!! I am the king of Broadway and it is all run by me!! Muuhhaaaaaaa!!!!!!

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#61re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 6:44pm

Great answer. I wish I had thought of that first.

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

ponine24601
#62re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 6:50pm

yeah me too. i agree with hairspray too. another thing besides broadway shows in general are the letters that i have received from performers. they have given me so much great advice and have encoaraged me to follow my dream.

sndtrklvr Profile Photo
sndtrklvr
#63re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 7:57pm

I have two -- the first is is Funny Girl. I saw the movie when I was 10 and wanted to get the soundtrack. My parents HATE musicals so the fact that I got to see the movie was in itself a miracle. My library only had the OBC recording, so I got it out. And listened to it about a hundred times. It was that musical that opened up the door to the library's collection of OCRs: the good (Mame, My Fair Lady, West Side Story, Gypsy, Company) and the bad (Mr. President, It's a bird, it's a plane..). and made me into what I am today -- a broadway fanatic.

It also led me to a Chorus Line, my second musical. Everything so wonderfuly about a Broadway show plus Real people a gawky adolescent could relate to. Much more real than Annie (although saw it loved it, memorized every word)

I think my third will be Wicked. Don't start throwing things. Basically it is because my 5 year old daugher ADORED the Show and has memorized the entire OCR, proof I have passed the broadway musical gene on.

So my dear you think you can get to Broadway. Well, let me tell you something. Broadway has no room for people like you. Not the Broadway I know. My Broadway takes people like you and eats them up and spits them out. My Broadway is the Broadway of Merman, and Martin, and Fontaine, and if you think you can build yourself up by knocking other people down... ...GOOD LUCK... Seinfeld
Updated On: 7/13/04 at 07:57 PM

ponine24601
#64re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 8:02pm

i know all the lyrics to all the cast recordings i have. i'm not bragging or anything, i'm just saying. i think that anyone who has seen a broadway show falls in love with the business.

secret-soul Profile Photo
secret-soul
#65re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 8:59pm

Phantom of the Opera now and forever is MY show. My dad took me to see it when I was 11 and I fell in love with it...I'm talking head-over-heels in love with the Phantom played by Jeff Keller. I kinda fumbled around w/ the idea of theatre for a few years and eventually really got into it. High School was when I really came into myself and recalled all that I had experienced during the show and that drove my love for the theatre. Since then I've seen the tour once and I saw it twice on broadway again, both in the 3rd week of may, starring Hugh Panaro (see Webster's Dictionary under: LAUREN'S (THAT'S ME) FUTURE HUSBAND. :) :) :) )

Plince! Plince! Nein! T-Rex!!

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#66re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 9:08pm

mine has to be chicago- its the only show i absolutely love almost all of (everything but me and my baby). And Billy Flynn is my idol

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

Hank
#67re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 9:26pm

Thoroughly Modern Millie!

I was hooked the first time I saw this show, May 30, 2002. Then 3 days later when Millie won all those Tonys I just went nuts. This was such a fun show, and a great production all around. Sutton Foster was fenominal!
The only other Broadway show I have seen more than once is Rocky Horror, but I have seen Millie 7 times. I've seen the finale, Sutton's finale, Sutton's birthday, the weekend of the Tony's and 3 other times, and I'm planing on seeing the tour when it comes to Baltimore this fall. I got to meet just about everybody in the cast, and the writers and musical director.
All in all, this was a great musical theatre experience for me, and I could easily understand how all the other posters feel about their favorite shows.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#68re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 9:38pm

LikeRedhot, Man of La Mancha is my show. It was the first Broadway Musical I saw way back in 67 (where has the time gone?). I loved the message of "Living life as it SHOULD be", daring to dream and seeing the inner beauty and magic in everyday life. I have to say, there has been more then one occasion in my life when this show, it's story and score has lifted my spirits.
To this day I still have a Don Quixote fetish of sorts and as I age, seem to be taking on the visage.

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#69re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/13/04 at 10:07pm

hmmm... I don't really have ONE show that I could consider "my" show, but I'll just share a few that have sentimental value:

The Music Man - first show I ever performed in.

Oklahoma! - My parents took me to see shows all the time when I was a kid, and it was always fun, but Oklahoma! - for whatever reason - was the show that caused me to become a complete theatre junkie.

Aida - just because it's my favorite!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

BWayBoy88
#70re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/14/04 at 12:34am

Chorus Line is another show I can really relate to. Everytime I go to an audition I can not stop from singing in my head "God I hope I get it!" I can also relate to some of the monologues. Its just such an amazing show. Too bad they killed it with that horrible movie.

sgweirdo
#71re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/14/04 at 1:17am

Lets see.
The Music Man- Only show I ever was actually IN. (*gasp* Back when I thought I wanted to be an actress. I feel like I am the only non-actor here. I've done Pitt Orch..) But I really don't enjoy the Music Man very much anymore..

I'd have to say the one show that really got me interested in broadway [again] was the revival of Cabaret, and since I was finally old enough to go to shows without my family- I was excited to explore more theatre on my own. Ever since I've always been the one to bring my family and friends to shows. re: This is 'Your' Show Because...

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#72re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/14/04 at 1:25am

Oh my heavens, sgweirdo, you are certainly not the only non-actor here. I enjoyed it in high school, but I quickly realized that I couldn't act for a living and keep my sanity. So fret not, you're not alone!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

#73re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/18/04 at 12:11pm

For me it's TABOO and CAROLINE OR CHANGE and AMOUR. Just because each show sends shivers down my spine every time i saw them. I saw Amour twice in the 7 preformances it had. I saw Taboo 3 times and Caroline or Change i'm going on my 3rd this week! Each show has it's own amazing feel to it that just makes me feel sooooooo happy each time i listen to the album or see the show. All of those shows deserve a tony for best musical! (hehe) THOSE ARE MMMY SHOWS! No Touchy! (haha)

#74re: This is 'Your' Show Because...
Posted: 7/18/04 at 12:23pm

oh yeah... i forgot: Into the Woods... and some others. i just cant think right now...

Videos