pixeltracker

The My First Broadway Show thread- Page 3

The My First Broadway Show thread

MargoChanning
#50re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 5:36pm

A revival of "Harvey" with Jimmy Stewart, Helen Hayes and Jesse White when I was 4. A year later I saw "Fiddler On The Roof" and "Man of La Mancha" which, in the early 70's, were both in the last year of their original Broadway runs.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

TabooWickedFan Profile Photo
TabooWickedFan
#51re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 8:47pm

Beauty and the Beast

"But I relish every brillant inspired moment. This is who I'm determined to be- an actor/singer/dancer-no, I take that back, this is who I am. These people are my tribe, my destiny. I know it. -How I Paid for College; A story of sex, theft, friendship and musical theater.

timote316
#52re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 9:01pm

"I was obnoxious enough to buy the cast recording and dance around my bedroom for years afterwards, driving my poor mother completely insane."

I still do that, and I'm 18 lol.

My first Broadway show was The Producers (last February, during Matthew and Nathan's reprise run)(second: Wicked, Sept 2)
My first tour was Rent (last June)
First musical I remember seeing: Grease, at my high school (I was in 5th grade at the time)

I've been a Broadway freak since last spring (when my HS choir sang a medley of ALW songs), so I'm still somewhat new.

midnghtdolphin Profile Photo
midnghtdolphin
#53re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 10:51pm

cats- '92 or '93. still have the tickets and the poster.

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#54re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/18/04 at 11:25pm

Well, the first show I ever saw on BROADWAY was "The Man of La Mancha" but the first broadway show I saw was the tour of CATS.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

bwaymargie Profile Photo
bwaymargie
#55re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 1:48pm

First Touring Show: Annie in 1998. I remember I came home from school and my mom had the tickets and a t-shirt on the table and I was so excited. I had just been in a production of the 'Sound of Music' so i was so bitten by the theatre bug. Now I want to cringe anytime I hear the opening to "Tomorrow"

First Broadway Show: April 2004. We finally go to come to NYC for spring break. Originally my frist show was going to be "Wicked" but then we were sitting in Olive Garden in Times Square on Monday evening and watching the TKTS board, and tickets for rent kept coming up so we decided to go grab 2 for my mom and myself (dad and bro stayed home) Got tix for 20 dollars in the second to last row and loved it. Later in the week, we saw Wicked, Hairspray and Wonderful Town

#56re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 2:22pm

Into the Woods-2002

I had just moved and my friend had an extra ticket cuz her sister couldn't go for her birthday evening... so she invited me.
It was when I realized that Broadway is REALLY where it all is. I knew I wanted to do singing and performing and I loved to act... but Broadway was the everything i was looking for all along! :) It's when I really found what I wanted to do.

NoDayButToday2 Profile Photo
NoDayButToday2
#57re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 2:31pm

1. Les Miserables
2. Lion King
3. RENT
4. 42nd Street
5. LSOH

broadwayfan24
#58re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 2:54pm

Beauty and the Beast
I still have my playbill and I checked who played Belle and it was KERRY BUTLER!! Just goes to show that you never know who will be a broadway baby!lol

lullabyofbroadway28
#59re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 3:01pm

the phantom of the opera- July 1996
it was amazing, we got cancellation tickets front row center! i sat with my mouth open the entire show. then i went back and saw it again a few years later so i could see the whole stage!

DancerGirl16 Profile Photo
DancerGirl16
#60re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 6:39pm

My first Broadway show was Les Miserables and when I saw it I wanted nothing more than to be on Broadway - and eight years later I got the chance to make a special appearance in Les Miserables at the Imperial!

When someone blunders, we say that he makes a misstep. Is it then not clear that all the ills of mankind, all the tragic misfortunes that fill our history books, all the political blunders, all the failures of the great leaders have arisen merely from a lack of skill in dancing. - Moliere

iRuvPrinceton Profile Photo
iRuvPrinceton
#61re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 6:53pm

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST- 1996.. when I was only six years old re: The My First Broadway Show thread

I get lost, unless, of course, I'm getting found.

#62re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 9:14pm

My first was Guys and Dolls with Nathan Lane... I was 8. Didn't know what I was seeing at the time, but I definately fell completely in love with Broadway that night. The next night I went to see the Christmas show at RCMH. Don't remember much about the weekend... but damn did it ever change my life...

My first musical EVER was a production of Joseph... I don't even remember how old I was... somewhere around 4 or 5 I suspect...

dancingthroughlife008 Profile Photo
dancingthroughlife008
#63re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/19/04 at 10:14pm

Cats...'97

"Because what is more like love than the ocean? You can play in it, drown in it. It can be clear and bright enough to hurt your eyes, or covered in fog; hidden behind a curve of road, and then suddenly there in full glory. Its waves come like breaths, in and out, in and out, body stretched to forever in its possibilities, and yet its heart lies deep, not fully knowable, inconceivably majestic."

Barnaby12345 Profile Photo
Barnaby12345
#64re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:06am

This August I went to Broadway for the first time and saw RENT, Aida and Wicked. Best 2 days of my life...

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#65re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:11am

Never had a "broadway experience" but the first show I saw was a tour of POTO. Loved every second of it and it is the reason I am typing this right now

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

Thoroughly Modern Cara Profile Photo
Thoroughly Modern Cara
#66re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:12am

I had seen a lot of regional stuff but my first Broadway show was Annie Get Your Gun with Bernadette Peters. I went with my summer camp and also saw Rent that summer.

Chote887 Profile Photo
Chote887
#67re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:36am

The King and I with Donna Murphy in 1996

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#68re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:03am

Pippen -- I think it was 72....LOVE Ben Vereen

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#69re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 8:28am

My first show was in London, actually- saw a revival of "Grease" when I was 11. Was hooked on shows ever since!

My first Broadway show was"The Gin Game" with theincredible Julie Harris. I was 17, and it was my first time in NYC. I thought I was going to faint, it was so exciting just to be there. :)

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#70re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 11:55am

Cats 1982 (and then again in 1984 with a show in the middle)

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

jlm96um Profile Photo
jlm96um
#71re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 12:39pm

Jekyll & Hyde - July 2000

As for Broadway tours, I have no idea.... I've been seeing those since I was a child.

Gingerbread houses along golden, frothy canals. Like Venice... only different?

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#72re: The My First Broadway Show thread
Posted: 9/20/04 at 1:03pm

Les Miserables 1988. A high school graduation gift from my parents. 24 hours in NYC to see Les Miserables (when it was still impossible to get tickets) and dinner at Sardi's.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Videos