pixeltracker

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA- Page 3

2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

RustyJusty830 Profile Photo
RustyJusty830
#50re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:44am

Hewwo! I'm gald to be back after a long hiatus...Anyhow, the Professional Performing Arts School in NYC, which I attend, is doing Into the Woods and I'm playig my dream role, Jack! VEry excited...It should be cool because were giving it a more urban feel.

"I need to know that someone out there cares...Are you there?"

futurewinnerbud
#51re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 2:03am

We do about 6 musicals (4 full length, 1 or 2 one act musicals) and 2 plays a year. Right now were doing a version of Cabaret more close to the revival.

IMsooHyprToday Profile Photo
IMsooHyprToday
#52re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:36am

well, i am in college now, but where i went i doing beauty and the beast!

Aphexis Profile Photo
Aphexis
#53re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 8:16am

We're doing Ragtime and I am playing Tateh...

Benzy92 Profile Photo
Benzy92
#54re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 10:15am

We are stuck doing Grease! I wish we could do a better show! re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

misterchoi
#55re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 10:45am

Children of Eden

"Yesterday is done. See the pretty countryside. Merrily we roll along, roll along- catching at dreams."- Merrily we roll along "The living was the prize, the ending's not the story."- Elegies, a song cycle

chaos_dragon
#56re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 10:54am

my high school is doing "Anything Goes"

im just a Steward, but thats pretty good for being only a sophomore, and some other talented juniors and senior guys. There is like, a crap-load of tapping in the show, and the director wants EVERYONE to know how to tap for the big show-stoppers. I took a crash course in tap over the summer, which wasnt too bad. Rehearsals start on Tuesday for the show which isnt till May

and just had to put this in, im REALLY pushing for LSOH or Beauty and the Beast next year, cuz i have a VERY good shot at being a lead (probably with only about 10 guys next year...2/3 of which cant sing)

dancingthroughlife008 Profile Photo
dancingthroughlife008
#57re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 11:47am

Justy's back! yay!

This year my school is doing Footloose...not cast yet. Our theater guy population is about negative 20 so this should be interesting...re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA

"Because what is more like love than the ocean? You can play in it, drown in it. It can be clear and bright enough to hurt your eyes, or covered in fog; hidden behind a curve of road, and then suddenly there in full glory. Its waves come like breaths, in and out, in and out, body stretched to forever in its possibilities, and yet its heart lies deep, not fully knowable, inconceivably majestic."

Addicted2Seaweed
#58re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 11:47am

OMG Chaos! Same for my school! I'm in the ensemble as I'm just a freshman but I'm so excited! One of my best friends one of the angels tho!

What is it about Lucy?? I know she's a bitch, and yet I want to be her...

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#59re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 12:00pm

We're doing Grease also. I'm so excited! I know everyone is like eww...Grease, but I'm really excited! I'm Marty. :)

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

#60re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 12:01pm

we're doing Grease and Chicago- our Arts department is pretty good- we do 3 nights n 3 matinees. last year we did the wiz and footloose.

iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ Profile Photo
iLiVeOnAvEnUeQ
#61re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:04pm

My school-of-no-diversity is doing Aida. Ummm any ideas how this is going to turn out? By the way, any audition song ideas?

I'm a Thespian, wanna watch?

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#62re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:08pm

I'd just like to point out that my school is not really doing WICKED. It was just a joke, and now I have gotten a slew of PMs of people asking how my school got the rights. The rights are not available yet. Nor will they be available until the show closes on Broadway, most likely. Sorry for the confusion.

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#63re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:36pm

Lil Abner...colorblind casting as always. Originally Mammy(asian) and Pappy (black) somehow have a white kid...buuut our Mammy had to drop out so now its white + black = white

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?
Updated On: 1/15/05 at 01:36 PM

renthead2005z Profile Photo
renthead2005z
#64re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:38pm

lol...thats great!...haha

"Why do we play with fire?-Why do we run our fingers through the flame?"

thetone78 Profile Photo
thetone78
#65re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 1:48pm

Well, luckily enough I had the honor of being able to play the role of Jean Valjean in Les Miserables last year at my high school. This year our show is going to be Carousel. High school musicals are just so friggen awesome.

"Your perfect, your perfect. So we're perfect together. Born to be forever."

RumTumTugger Profile Photo
RumTumTugger
#66re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 2:15pm

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Do you think they'd give a good part to a Freshman?

Didn't think so...:-/

LITTLEGRACIE_1
#67re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 2:39pm

our highschool is doing west side story this year!!!!!!!! yayayayay!!!!!!!! i'm soooo excited, we find out our roles on monday :) !!!
last year we did the music man and the year before we did the sound of music.
it was great fun!

borninaditch
#68re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 2:41pm

My high school is doing Big River. I'm playing Sally Phelps.

We have a lot more girls than boys in out program yet our production staff continues to choose big guy shows. The majority of the the girls get double cast. Oh well!

"Smoked you like a cigarette...I see through you!"- TABOO

LITTLEGRACIE_1
#69re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 2:42pm

well in our high school we go from grades 9 to 11 and then we go to cegep. so i know that our director never casts a grade 9 in a lead role. ever. but in our plays everyone who auditions gets a part no matter what. well unless you quit.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#70re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:04pm

In Nov., my HS did Applause. I was Petra, Margo's agent. I can't dance or sing very well, so it was a really good part for me. The part was originally Peter, but it's pretty unisex.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

#71re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:17pm

We did Seussical in November. We only do one musical and one play a year. The play this spring is the diary of Anne Frank, curse my Gentile looks.

Overthemoon6 Profile Photo
Overthemoon6
#72re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:24pm

We are doing Sound of Music, and I just found out on Thursday that I was cast as Maria. I am really excited!

And then, do you know Monseiur Marius, I believe I was a little in love with you.
♥♥♥

marebare
#73re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:34pm

Les Mis!!!! yessss

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#74re: 2005 High School Musicals Across the USA
Posted: 1/15/05 at 3:48pm

My school is doing Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I am playing Maurice.

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Videos