pixeltracker

Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?- Page 3

Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?

Ruth Sherwood Profile Photo
Ruth Sherwood
#50re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 3:59pm

I really didn't like one thing about "Wicked," including "Defying Gravity." The performances were nothing special, again not worth $101.25. So yes, I did feel completely ripped off.

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." -Stella Adler

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#51re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:00pm

I'm not a huge Hairspray fan, either.

ScottInLA
#52re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:14pm

I don't remember if I felt ripped off necessarily, but while cleaning, I recently come across my Playbill from the tour of "Aspects of Love", and my first thought was "My god, I paid money to see that...".

BialyBloomInc02
#53re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:20pm

Big League Theatricals put out this particular tour (it caused quite a bit of controversy when it first started up), and it was just very poor. The scrims were tired and wrinkled as can be, the set pieces were shabby, horribly canned music in places, and the actors just were less than inspired. It was truly unfortunate, as I heard so many wonderful things about Stroman's 2000 revival..

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#54re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:20pm

Oh lord Aspects of Love was a piece of crap. Thank God I didn't pay for it.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

MarkCohen
#55re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:22pm

The Chicago tour.

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#56re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:33pm

Dont castrate me over this:

I was so let down by Bernadette Peters in Gypsy. Granted I did see it early in the run but I found her to be (as Ive said before on this board) wooden, making rudimentary acting mistakes, and not in character at all. She did get better in act 2, but up til that point I couldnt understand what the fuss about seeing her live was about. She was nothing special.

Marissa Jaret Winokur however, when I saw Hairspray later that week, blew my socks off. She earned that Tony award.

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

LuvUrBatBoy
#57re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:33pm

Dont castrate me over this:

I was so let down by Bernadette Peters in Gypsy. Granted I did see it early in the run but I found her to be (as Ive said before on this board) wooden, making rudimentary acting mistakes, and not in character at all. She did get better in act 2, but up til that point I couldnt understand what the fuss about seeing her live was about. She was nothing special.

Marissa Jaret Winokur however, when I saw Hairspray later that week, blew my socks off. She earned that Tony award.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#58re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:35pm

luvyourbatboy i have the exact opposite impressions of those two performers in those two roles. Bernadette blew me a way. While Melissa I found to annoy me on stage and found her acting very sophomorish.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Jwaa
#59re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:37pm

125th Street and Beautiful and the Damned...

the first being worst.

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#60re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:38pm

I loved ASPECTS OF LOVE, although I can understand why people don't like it. I even liked the tour version that I saw in Memphis way back in the '90's. It's still my favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber show to play the CD.

LuvUrBatBoy
#61re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:47pm

Her acting to be very sophomorish? She's playing a 16 year old. And she's in a parody of 60's period comedies. I found it perfect.

Compare this to Bernadette who I caught 2x responding to stimuli before they even happened.

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#62re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:49pm

Maybe Bernadette was having a bad day since found her timing to be right now.

I guess its the show then since but I did not like Melissa at all.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

Sant
#63re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 4:59pm

Yes I have, twice.

First after seeing the most terrible musical ever, NOTRE DAME DE PARIS in London. Total waste of my time and money!

Second time after seeing DRACULA THE MUSICAL. Material was good (the story) but the result was quite awful. Not as bad as NDDP though...

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#64re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 5:12pm

Well, not exactly ripped off, since I didn't hate it, but I felt that BKLYN didn't deserve a $100 re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?

Take care

EVIE Profile Photo
EVIE
#65re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 5:46pm

The Producer's, Phantom and and the current tour of Grease (all seen in SF). Not worth the $60 tickets!!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#66re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:01pm

Amour lord..won't even go into that. Music Man was like someone slit my wrist. and Crazy for you.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#67re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:31pm

La Cage aux Folles
Never Gonna Dance
Dracula
Wicked
The Producers
Bye Bye Birdie (Encores)

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

zippyjen Profile Photo
zippyjen
#68re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:34pm

to tell you the truth, aida as well as les miz and Phantom. Oh and cats!

"At the opening night party, they had clowns on stilts, jugglers, a chocolate fountain, popcorn, hot dogs. [My son] looked at me like I had been holding back. Like, 'This is what you do?' I had to tell him, 'No, no, darling. Opening nights don't usually look like this.' It's usually a dark bar with a bottle of vodka." ?Chitty Chitty Bang Bang's Jan Maxwell plus i proudly share the title of the shortest member over the age of 10 with wickedrentq!

Macy2 Profile Photo
Macy2
#69re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:34pm

There was a tour of "Grease" I saw a few years ago that -- I think -- was produced by Tommy Tune (does that sound right?). It was like Grease on speed -- all fluorescent colours and an extra-hyper cast singing the songs like they had been challenged to see just how fast they could sing them. It was hideous and I left with a headache.

LilMiZBroADwaY23
#70re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:36pm

The tour of Mamma Mia.

It was bad. Very, very, bad.

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
WISHIHADATONY
#71re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:46pm

Les Miserable was dreadful onstage.......saw in on Broadway right after it opened.....Les Miz is one of those shows you can love IF YOU KNOW THE CD before hand......

The show barely got curtain call applause at its tenth or so performance after opening on Broadway. Many people left at intermission....I guess many others were asleep.

"Blow out the candles Robert and make a wish. Want something, want SOMETHING."

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#72re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:50pm

I left off:

The Boy from Oz
Aida
Mamma Mia!
Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

BSoBW2
#73re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:50pm

A Stoop on Orchard Street

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#74re: Have You Ever Felt Ripped Off After Seeing A Show?
Posted: 2/1/05 at 6:51pm

This isn't Broadway. But a production of "Madame Butterfly" the opera. The set was ok but it never changed once, and no one changed costumes one except (Butterfly once). I realize the emphasis is on the vocal aspect not the acting but they weren't even trying. And the singing was off in sevreal places. I don't claim to be an opera fan, but this juts sucked.

Videos