News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Revival Demand

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#50re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:22am

I COMMAND a revival of Dreamgirls THIS INSTANT
it could be a high school cast for all I care

Gothampc
#51re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:23am

"the Belasco is the ideal venue. So dark and gothic with all of that stained glass..."

And a separate entrance for the undesirables.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#52re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:26am

HEY! I was one of those undesirables for Dracula. I take offense!

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#53re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 12:31am

Dracula in the Belasco was a match made in heaven.

Shame Dracula was DOA

Jon
#54re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 8:17am

Back to the original post - I'd love to see HOLLYWOOD/UKRAINE revived, but it MUST have the original Tommy Tune staging and that brilliant Tony Walton set.

And Karen Ziemba should play the Priscilla Lopez role.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#55re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 1:55pm

West Side Story! I demand this RIGHT NOW! With fantastic sets and all that jazz. Oh and Evita!

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#56re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 2:01pm

Pal Joey

Vera Simpson-Patti LuPone
Joey Evans-Hugh Jackman
Melba Snyder-Karen Ziemba
Gladys Bumps-Melissa Errico or Susan Egan
Linda English-Kerry Butler

paradox_error Profile Photo
paradox_error
#57re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 2:05pm

I'm liking that Cast!

Anyone Can Whistle with Bernadette!
Evita
West Side Story
SITPWG
Merrily We Roll Along
Saturday Night

loganp37 Profile Photo
loganp37
#58re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 2:05pm

I know this is not a BROADWAY revival, but there are plans for a 2005-2006 mounting of West Side Story as a National Tour. I'm eager to see how this turns out. Possibly if it does well on the road, producers might bring it to Broadway.

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#59re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 3:04pm

Jesus Christ Superstar, not the toned downed version, but the in your face, bass thumping version. Get a rock star to be Jesus.

Edit because I can't spell bass correctly. Updated On: 4/3/05 at 03:04 PM

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#60re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 3:08pm

BON JOVI AS JESUS!

And I think they are aiming to bring WSS to Broadway next season or the season after.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Forester Profile Photo
Forester
#61re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 3:13pm

I don't know about Bon Jovi.

West Side Story is another one I would love to see revived. I also agree with Evita.

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#62re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 4:39pm

A over the top production of "Hello, Dolly" with Bette Midler.

A "Me and My Girl" revival would be nice too.

Facebook...ME !!!

cut_loose Profile Photo
cut_loose
#63re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 5:13pm

haha bon jovi as jesus would be too cool for words.

also, we need a revival of once on this island. now.

#64re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:46pm

damn yankees

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#65re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/3/05 at 10:56pm

Too early for Yankees, it was in 1994. Id like to see Company revive though it is too early.;l I think that Sunday in the Park needs a revival now, use the errico esperaza cast i say!

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

#66re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 2:21pm

I would like a revival of A Chorus Line, instead of this re created original production.

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#67re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:20pm

I fully support a Hollywood/Ukraine revival. That's one of the most loved cast recordings I own, I absolutely adore it. And David Garrison is spot-on.

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Gothampc
#68re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 3:38pm

"I fully support a Hollywood/Ukraine revival. That's one of the most loved cast recordings I own, I absolutely adore it. And David Garrison is spot-on."

Magic, did you ever get to see the show on Broadway? Seeing it live with a good cast is fun. I'm surprised that those who like Jerry Herman haven't pressed for it, since he wrote some of the songs.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#69re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:31pm

I second Hollywood/Ukraine! I never knew much about it until I was cast as Samovar (Groucho) and it is such a GEM! What an ingenious little show. And if anyone's listening, I would LOVE to play the role again. It's the first show I did where people actually recognized me out in public and I actually received fan mail, believe it or not! One man flew in from London to see the show (in Houston) as he was an avid Marx Brothers historian. He told me I gave the most accurate Groucho impersonation he'd ever seen. It was one of the biggest compliments I'd ever received. I'm not one to normally brag, but that show really was the work of which I was most proud.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

Mister Matt
#70re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:37pm

Personally, I'd rather see Mack and Mabel than Dolly or Mame. Bernadette Peters is the only Dolly I can think of that could make me go see the show even though I'm not a particular fan of either her or the show.

Three Guys Naked From the Waist Down would need some serious book revision. I read the script recently and listened to the CD and it is quite dated in its stand-up material.

Kevo711 Profile Photo
Kevo711
#71re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:39pm

Difinately A CHORUS LINE

Mister Matt
#72re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 4:48pm

A Chorus Line is already in the works scheduled to premiere in San Francisco. West Side Story is scheduled for 2007.

Gothampc
#73re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 5:04pm

"Three Guys Naked From the Waist Down would need some serious book revision. I read the script recently and listened to the CD and it is quite dated in its stand-up material."

What's dated about "I'm an angry guy, such an angry guy..." LOL I know what you mean though. It really does have a 1980's feel to it.

Mister Matt
#74re: Revival Demand
Posted: 4/4/05 at 5:24pm

I love the angry guy song! "It's a lovely day..."

But when I read the script, I found most of it to be quite corny by today's standards. That's the problem with stand-up. Unless it is something really groundbreaking, it gets dated very quickly because styles and topics change so much. What was once was edgy is now pretty tame.

Videos