pixeltracker

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?- Page 3

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#50re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:50am

My Mom CLEARLY caught me @ 3am once, on my bed wrapped in a white sheet and telephone chord, BLACK CAT EYES , a bouffant hair style, lip syncing to A CALL FROM THE VATICAN.....it was embarassing but sadly not out of the ordinary for her.

DebbieDowner2 Profile Photo
DebbieDowner2
#51re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:28pm

So it seems Rent and Wicked are the favs.

I'm suprised there's not more Chicago or Cats.

How about Caroline or Change. Toaster, anyone?

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#52re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 12:34pm

ooh, i forgot, i dressed up as a cat when i was like 5. and went to school. and got sent home early.

it was fantastic.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#53re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:15pm

I make the Broadway Bears from RENT every year for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, so I have a box full of the original costumes for reference. This past year I put on Trey Ellet's Mark costume...complete with scarf, grey cord pants, black leather blundstones and 16mm Bolex camera. Not a single person knew who I was at the party until I was entered into the costume contest as "Where's Waldo". I won 2nd place...go figure.

I wear one of Rogers green pullovers to work every once in a while when it's chilly...not because of who wore it or where it's from...but because it's warm and it fits!

-John

hypertruffle
#54re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 1:29pm

BrodyBaby03-A Call from the Vatican's a cool song! How can you refrain yourself from the white sheets??? re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

I would like to dress up (I'm refraining myself from using the worc cosplay) as Carla from "Nine" (the OBC costume)

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

zoom
#55re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 6:02pm

not sure what I would dress up as. and really don't know where i would go.

LaVieBoheme2 Profile Photo
LaVieBoheme2
#56re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:26pm

I actually have a collection of clothes that resemble Rent wardrobe that I wear often, and I did "Popular" for a school talent show and dressed up like Glinda, and I was Elphaba for Halloween last year. And I'm trying to decide on the charactor for this year, but it'll probably be a Rent charactor.

Elyse. No day but Today. My avatar: me talking to Norbert Leo Butz.

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#57re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 8:46pm

I did three CATS costumes for three consecutive Halloweens: Bombalurina (which you can see in my fan photos: https://www.broadwayworld.com/photo2.cfm?id=Rose%5FMacShane), an awful Grizabella and a B'way Rumpleteazer/Etcetera. I actually wore that one to school and went to Taco Bell in it...

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#58re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 9:06pm

omg rose! that costume is so authentic!!

i dressed up as maureen from rent once for a camp talent show when i sang take me or leave me - pleather, cat ears and all

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#59re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 9:21pm

As I really hate to dress up for Halloween, I often attended parties in my 30's as Michael Bennett. In my 40's it's been Bob Fosse. The same straw Boater suffices for both.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#60re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 10:42pm

I dressed up as Mimi from RENT for Halloween. It was a little hard without the blue pants, but I got shiny black ones and I used stockings for the little sleeve-jacket thingee and I had the stomach belt and all. It was hard explaining I was a character from a Broadway show to people. Nobody knew wh I was. I jsut gave up and siad I was a whore.

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

michaela34 Profile Photo
michaela34
#61re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:39pm

Last halloween, my friend and i did the whole galinda and elphaba thing! it was really fun. This year, in honor of the rent movie we are going as mimi and maureen.

"Are you petrified of being petrified?" harry and the potters in Save Ginny Weasley VOLDEMORT CAN'T STOP THE ROCK!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#62re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:44pm

i take FULL credit for started the BWAY RENT halloween dress up crap.. for 5 years 18 of us "won" the lotto in full costume.. I was always OTM maureen. Very fun now i look back and say... man how sad lol

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#63re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/31/05 at 11:45pm

"I jsut gave up and siad I was a whore"

hahaha

for some reason, all my costumes end up having that explanation. whoops.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#64re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 12:05am

"I just gave up and siad I was a whore"

That's what I said the year I went as a vampire and my fangs wouldn't stay on.

adamized88: Thank you!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

CatieElphie1 Profile Photo
CatieElphie1
#65re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 1:18am

re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

I dressed up like Elphaba and my friend was Galinda...it was great..I used spray on icing for my arms and I accidentally dyed my ears green....it kinda sucked because my mother neglected to tell me that I had a funeral to go to an hour after school got over........lame.
This year, if I can do it, I'm going as Christine from Phantom.If I
can get the dress made in time.........super sweet...

Was that a fat joke?

DebbieDowner2
#66re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 2:08pm

What a beautiful dress! So why does everybody want to do Elphaba?

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

worrell4077
#67re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 3:43pm

I thought about dressing up as either Seymour or Orin for Halloween last year. For my senior photo, I want to dtry to find a suit similiar to The Lecturer's in Reefer Madness(see icon)or Leo Bloom's in The Producers.

DebbieDowner2
#68re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 6:08pm

But it sounds like people don't get it when you dress up "normal" like Mark in Rent or Millie.

Do you just tell everyone you're a whore?

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#69re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 7:03pm

I always dress up as the candleabra in Beauty & The Beast . Sometimes, for a change of pace, I dress up as Peter Allen in I Go To Rio

Poster Emeritus

WayWicked
#70re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/1/05 at 9:22pm

Why would anyone want to dress up like Elphaba? Realllllyy.

Why would anyone want to dress up like that whore Mimi?

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#71re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 6/2/05 at 10:45am

I havent but would like to. I would dress like Sweeney but I doubt Id look good with the long hair.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

Videos