pixeltracker

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

DebbieDowner2 Profile Photo
DebbieDowner2
#0Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:07pm

I was going to dress up as Elphaba..green make up and all. It's not that hard of a costume to make.

Have any of you dressed up like your favorite Broadway character? My friend Cole wanted to dress up as Skimbleshanks for our high school costume party. I don't think guys have as many choices as the gals! LOL!

You too can be a famous singer with no French accent and wear a Twister game board in just 15 days!! Ask me how!!

GirlforTartaglia Profile Photo
GirlforTartaglia
#1re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:12pm

I dressed up as Galinda for Halloween..my friend was Elphaba w/ me.

For my Sweet 16 I'm having it Taboo/Anthony Rapp/80's themed..That way, I can dress up as Hedwig (:)!) and my friend is gonna be Boy George..for those 'non Broadway lovers' I have as some of my friends, I threw in the 80's theme so they wouldnt complain lol.

And the other thing about the Phantom Lady was, Bert, she realized, in the city that never sleeps... What did she realize, Kitten? That all the songs she'd listened to, all the love songs, that they were only songs. What's wrong with that? Nothing, if you don't believe in them. But she did, you see. She believed in enchanted evenings, and she believed that a small cloud passed overhead and cried down on a flower bed, and she even believed there was breakfast to be had... Where? On Pluto. The mysterious, icy wastes of Pluto.

hypertruffle
#2re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:14pm

I once dressed up as Eponine during an anime convention.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

gavrochegirl
#3re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:18pm

I think I want to dress up as Gavroche one night, just for fun. re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

What the puck?!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#4re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:28pm

I dressed up as Mark from Rent one year for Halloween. I thought it was fitting.

~Steven

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:32pm

You name it, I dressed as it. I had my ow one Wo-Man show in West Hollywood for 6 1/2 years, so I dressed as everyone at one point or another.

good times, good times

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

bwayballerina
#6re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:36pm

She isn't my favorite Broadway character, but...
I tried dressing up as Mimi (from Rent) once, and my parents wouldn't let me out of the house.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#7re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:37pm

O no, sadness! That's upsetting, ha. Sorry, ballerina!

~Steven

Mythus
#8re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:48pm

Well, he's not my favorite character, but he's one of them. I went as Roger DeBris for Halloween. https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewphoto.cfm?id=3331 There's two pictures of the dress. Shame you can't see the heels I was wearing - I walked about five miles in them, and they didn't fit. My feet hurt for a week after. But it was worth it! I found the pattern for dress in my costuming book, and then spent a month or so designing the Chrysler shape. The tiara was thrown together last minute - it's made from one of those cheesy green Statue of Liberty things. Oh, and it's too bad you can't see the bag in the picture...I had leftover cloth so I made a matching Art Deco bag for candy. < /ramble>

And I'm going as Mrs. Lovett (in her Act II God, That's Good dress) this Halloween. Or Toby, if I can't make a pattern for the dress.

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#9re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 2:59pm

Mythus, you look absolutely fabulous as Roger!
Did you make the costume yourself? It's great!

~Steven

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#10re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:00pm

I used to raid my mothers closet so that I could have an entire set of Annie costumes. I realized at age 12 that I would never be cast as Annie...not because I was a boy but because a 13 year old never gets the role....realization.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#11re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:10pm

I was gonna make a really great '20s costume this year, and now it's turned into Millie! Then my friends had the idea to do a bway show costume party for Halloween and then go to six flags dressed in our costumes! lol

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

Mythus
#12re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:13pm

Yeah, HeyMrMusic, I did.

littleredridinghood Profile Photo
littleredridinghood
#13re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:34pm

When I was younger, I dressed up as Eponine from Les Miz, and won "Funniest Costume" in my town's annual costume parade. =/ I remember being very upset by that...

At least one person was Elphaba for Halloween this year in my school (I'm a senior, and all the seniors get to dress up), but it was bad green makeup and was smearing everywhere.

broadwaybaby77 Profile Photo
broadwaybaby77
#14re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:37pm

I was Elphaba for last year's Tony party. I was covered in green makeup. It took me about three days to get it off of my entire body.

I also had this one dress for a dance that I made up to "All That Jazz", so I called it my Velma dress.

Right now I'm waiting for my mom to agree to let me wear a leather catsuit to the opening of the RENT movie.

-Grace

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#15re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:42pm

I was a half Elphaba only without the full on green skin (the stuff I was using ended up irritating my skin so I had to ditch it at the last minute :-P). I did manage to keep the green lip and eye makeup though. And me and my friends are going to dress up as RENT characters for the movie for sure. They are all telling me I should either be Maureen or Mark. Now there's a set of completely opposite choices..... (And for those confused, I am a girl but I have the Mark glasses and scarf and chords so there you go...)

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Justin D Profile Photo
Justin D
#16re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:45pm

did Phantom a few halloweens back, thinking of doing kind of a male version of elphaba this year, using the phantom tux jacked and some jeans and green glow paint for almost a "punked" out male elphaba, LOL. should be fun glowing in the UV lights all night

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#17re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:50pm

I refuse to wear a Hello Kitty night shirt.
re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
But, if you add long hair to this puppet, I am her spitting image. re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
We even have the same smile.
re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character? I have a few shirts in that color.

Updated On: 5/31/05 at 03:50 PM

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#18re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:54pm

I did Phantom once for halloween.

I currently dress like Princeton almost every day. re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#19re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:56pm

Not Yet.... lol.

November 11.... I'm going to be ANGEL!!

.... or maybe I just can't wait to go to the movie theater in drag! lol

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#20re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 3:58pm

well this probably doesn't count but...i dressed up as janet weiss from RHPS with all my friends as the rest of the cast.

The year before that i went as eva peron for a costume gala my city had- nobody really knew who i was-well, except for the few people that recognized her signature blonde hair in that hairstyle- but i looked famous and important so i guess thats good enough :P and my bf at the time looked awesome as juan!

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#21re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:07pm

this halloween me and my best friend are going as galinda and elphaba. im going to be galinda.

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#22re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:11pm

My best friend did that last Halloween. She was Elphaba and her friend was Glinda.

~Steven

MatureDignity Profile Photo
MatureDignity
#23re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:12pm

In 7th grade, my friend and I were Mark and Roger from RENT. We had to explain ourselves at almost every house.

bdwybelle
#24re: Have You Dressed Up Like Your Favorite Broadway Character?
Posted: 5/30/05 at 4:19pm

I thought about dressing up as Fosca from Passion for Halloween, but only my drama teachers at school would know who I was, and I might scare people.
I also thought about Ruth Sherwood, but then again, not many people would know who I was dressing up as. But that's still a possibility for this years Halloween.

Videos