pixeltracker

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!- Page 3

REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!

Chrysanthemum62001
#50re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:17pm

Wow. That gave me crazy chills. So beautiful....

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#51re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:22pm

I think there's plenty of "dark and gritty" about RENT. Columbus has given interviews saying that he was intent on keeping all of that stuff.

Yes, it's about love, but it's also about loss, pain, addiction...

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#52re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:26pm

I'm sure future trailers will show some "dark and gritty" stuff. I have faith that they will so that they don't necessarily fool people when they go see the movie.

~Steven

Jwaa
#53re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:52pm

I just almost cried watching that!

I am so excited..more excited than any other movie i think in my life...thats crazy...i never really realised how much of an influence musicals have on my life until what i felt when i watched that!

Xxx

broadway86 Profile Photo
broadway86
#54re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 2:57pm

Not a fan of "Rent", but the trailer looks excellent. If Rosario is as good as I believe she will be, she might pull a Golden Globe out of this.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#55re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:06pm

omg this looks SOOOOO good! i can not wait!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#56re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:07pm

"I thought the movie took place in the mid 90s. Does it not?"

It doesn't. It's '80s.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jacobtsf Profile Photo
jacobtsf
#57re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:16pm

I am so happy right now. I can not wait to see this movie, and the best part is that I'll be living in NYC when it comes out. Words can not express everything I am feeling right now.

David walked into the valley With a stone clutched in his hand He was only a boy But he knew someone must take a stand There will always be a valley Always mountains one must scale There will always be perilous waters Which someone must sail -Into the Fire Scarlet Pimpernel

brdlwyr
#58re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:20pm

JMJ - that was awesome. Wow, I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.

jaded_october Profile Photo
jaded_october
#59re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:23pm

what i never understood was - its supposed to take place in the 80s, but joanne has a cell phone in "we're okay"

-annie http://www.livejournal.com/users/jadedoctober http://www.myspace.com/jadedoctober

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#60re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:33pm

It's fantastic ! God, it's finally happening and nothing can change that. We are getting a RENT movie soon. And if we are lucky and get a 2-disc DVD afterwards with extras like the Phantom one, I think there will be lots of casualties on this board LOL

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#61re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:34pm

Beautiful... the trailer is outstanding.
I'm starting to believe in this movie.

Rentaholic2
#62re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:35pm

Well put, speed.

What's BATB? (sorry!)

And is it just me, or does Rosario Dawson LOOK more like Mimi than anyone, including Daphne? Don't get me wrong--I think Daphne is phenomenal, but everytime I see Rosario in Mimi wear, she just completely embodies that character to me, exactly what I would picture.

Greekmusicalfan
#63re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:36pm

BATB = Beauty and the Beast

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#64re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:36pm

I find it ammusing that Idina Menzel is given more screen time in that trailer than Taye Diggs, a more marketable name.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Rentaholic2
Greekmusicalfan
#66re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:40pm

You are welcome :)

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#67re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:41pm

After watching Rosario on the set, I'm a little more "okay" with her as Mimi, but I'll always hold a grudge that it's not Daphne up there. (I can suspend belief that she's still 19)

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Greekmusicalfan
#68re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:43pm

Though, I have to add that I think that BATB was not so much received as a "musical" nomination as much as an animation one !

joniray
#69re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:44pm

jaded_october said "what i never understood was - its supposed to take place in the 80s, but joanne has a cell phone in "we're okay"

The movie takes place in the late 80's. Joanne is a lawyer and cell phones were already common to business men/woman at that time. There were over 1 million cell phone subscribers by 1987.

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
kitkatgirl54
#70re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:46pm

yes, i remember watching josie and the ****cats in the theater (it was free, shut up) and thinking "now she would make a fantastic mimi." she does seem a little soft, though... i don't know how much i believe her being "born to be bad" - but hey that's kind of mimi's covver. she does have a sweet quality that i really think is great for the role.

eatlasagna
#71re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:50pm

trailer looks good... i'm excited... love the show and i'm hoping this movie will do it justice.... but....

people might hate me for this... but whatever... Adam Pascal kinda irks me somewhat... i mean... i like his voice but after a while it'll irk me... i don't see the big deal with him... i'm kinda wishing they went with somebody else for the movie... oh well...

and this is just a personal thing... but i don't care for his hair in this movie (like i said... it's just a personal thing)... but that's just me complaining

One Song Glory
#72re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 3:57pm

I love the trailer a lot but it doesn't exactly bring out the raw power of RENT. They could've used other songs in it but I'm sure there will others. Other than that, I loved it! I need to see it again.

I'm not a gay stereotype. I'm a coincidence.

nychick9876 Profile Photo
nychick9876
#73re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:05pm

i got goosebumps watching that. and then i started to cry but thats b/c seasons of love was my drama teacher's husband's favorite song and he died unexpectedly earlier this year. as a tribute to him we sang that song after the last performanceof our spring musical. but i can't wait for the movie and more trailers. i'm so excited!!

sometimes i think my head is so big because it is so full of dreams- the elephant man

Timmerbo Profile Photo
Timmerbo
#74re: REAL RENT TRAILER--NOT THE CRAPPY OTHER ONE!
Posted: 6/2/05 at 4:26pm

Alexi Darling makes reference to her email address, which was not commonplace in the 80's.

And cell phones were usually known as 'car phones' at that point, if I recall.

Videos