#50Fav & Least Fav Bway Musical
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:33pm

Favourite:
A CHORUS LINE
Bob Fosse's DANCIN'

Least Favourite:
TITANIC (it sunk BIG time)
SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#51ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 12:58pm

I love the fact that I get a new hole chewed if I post ANYTHING negative on the Wicked threads, but then those same folks come into a thread that SPECIFICALLY STATES they don't want to discuss Wicked here, and they proceed to post snarky comments.

You folks have 3,000 other threads to post in.

AND FOR THE LAST TIME, IT'S NOT THAT WE DISLIKE WICKED, IT'S JUST THAT WE DISLIKE THE COUNTLESS THREADS.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#52ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:11pm

favorite- RENT

least- little women

I think that whoever is posting about there undying love for Wicked should just stop-- like TheatreDiva90016 said you have other posts to say how much you love Wicked, i don't have anything against the show I saw it and loved it, but obviously the person who started this didnt' wan't everyones favorite to be wicked so she excluded that from the answering. So either post your favorite (besides Wicked) or shut up and don't respond because your just being rude to the person who started this and annoying becuase nobody cares about your uncontrollable need to say Wicked.

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#53ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:16pm

Favorites: Light in the Piazza, Hairspray, Ragtime

Least: The Producers

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#54ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 1:20pm

Favorite: Urinetown

Least Favorite: Mamma Mia

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#55ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 4:11pm

It's not about an uncontrollable need to say Wicked, it's about being told what to post and what not to post. This is an open message board, and even if someone wanted responses other than wicked, they should be polite, and say, "Other than Wicked please, I'd just like to hear what people think of the less talked-about musicals", rather than posting a thread like "ANYTHING BUT WICKED" and complaining about the show. He was blatently provoking those who liked Wicked to fight back, and I think those people have every right in an OPEN MESSAGE BOARD to say what they think. I personally would not have gotten mad if Audrasboi had just been a little bit nicer rather than patronizing Wicked fans, which seems to be the new sport on these message boards anyway...

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#56ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 4:22pm

Dear God - the Wicked fangirls have their panties in a bunch - again. The title of this thread says "NO Wicked". If that upsets you, go post in one of the other million Wicked threads.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#57ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 4:26pm

Why are you so interested in Wicked fangirls panties?

I hold a degree in Musical Theatre from Montclair State University. It is useless. Now I'm funny for money. Oh, and I sing.

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#58ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 5:54pm

Taboophan I friggin love you :)

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#59ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 5:56pm

:)

TheatreDiva90016
#60ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 8:44pm

No one's intrested in your panties, little girl.

There are over 3,000 other posts for Wicked. If you feel the need to tell me I'm not welcome posting my dislike for Wicked threads on any of those, then you have no right to come here and whine.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#61ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 8:52pm

Diva - you rock!!

My loathing for these rabid fans is starting to spill over to the show. They are actually lessening my opinion of this show with every one of their posts.

"When you're a Jet, / You're a Jet all the way, / From your first pirouette / To your last grand jete." --Brian Kaman

Radioactiveduck Profile Photo
Radioactiveduck
#62ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 11:20pm

Hairspray, Lion King, Phantom.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#63ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 11:34pm

And in 3 pages of lists and debate, AudrasBoi has yet to post again.

Just give the world Love.

wicked1
#64ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/25/05 at 11:52pm

Favorite - Thoroughly Modern Millie comes in a close 2nd to Wicked. Sorry if I've offended someone by posting Wicked even though the post says "anything but wicked"

I honestly have not hated any musical I've ever seen. I can't say that I have a least favorite. I can't even begin to name something as my least favorite! Sorry

TabooPhan1 Profile Photo
TabooPhan1
#65ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 1:21am

You're right Diva, it's more what's IN them that people are interested in. Will you ever have something to say that I haven't heard from one of the boys in the locker room? My post before Keggss made his little panties remark was not nasty or uncalled for, simply stating that I think people have been pretty rude to each other over this whole thing, meanwhile YOU have been the one to bring up Wicked on almost every single post you've made in the past few days. On a completely harmless post about a new musical, what was the first thing you did? MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE WICKED. You're like a school yard bully, not worth more than the rubbish he manages to spurt out of spite, disregarding anyone who cares to have a calm dispute rather than a fist-fight. The problem I have with you is that you don't seem to ACTUALLY want to drop it, you bring it up every chance you get. You are the most immature person I think I've encountered the entire time I've been here and it's getting old.

Keggss, I could say the same of you. You were nasty and immature in your panties remark, then called ME a "rabid fan" after I refused to be impressed by your condescending remark. I am not a "rabid fan", but for the hundredth time, I am defending the people on this board whose opinions are constantly attacked by people like you and Diva. Diva, I never said you didn't have the right to express your dislike for Wicked, I just said you don't have the right to make fun of or patronize people who do, which is all you've been doing. Not once have I seen your post read, "I don't like Wicked threads", I've only ever seen you make fun of people who do. So don't hide behind fake opinions. If you have something to say, speak like an adult and present an opinion, which is something I can respect, rather than acting like a spoiled 3 year old.

PS: You don't have the right to tell people they can't have 3,000 threads. If they wanted 8,000 they could have them cause the board isn't yours. Would you like them to read your mind and post about what YOU like? I haven't seen YOU start any threads, and I couldn't imagine that if you did, there wouldn't be some snide remark about Wicked fans. Not once have I seen you try to be polite, and quite frankly, "...My personal opinion is that you do not have what it takes. I hope that you will prove me wrong. I doubt you will."...LITTLE GIRL...

StephanietheStar
#66ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 3:56am

Once again I state: I friggin adore you Taboophan!!! ahah :)

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#67ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 8:37am

TabooPhan1 - "You are the most immature person I think I've encountered the entire time I've been here and it's getting old."

Uh, you haven't been here that long and obviously haven't read many threads. Diva is actually one of the more sensible posters on this board. Keep reading. You'll change your mind about "most immature" in no time. Stick around for more than a couple of weeks and your comments about what is the most this or that on the board might actually mean something. Everyone gets bitchy at one time or another in this place. But immaturity is a more permanent trait, bitchy or not. Someday, you'll recognize the difference.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

keggss23 Profile Photo
keggss23
#68ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:56am

Ok, I'll take back the panties remark since apparently it was offensive to you, but I still stand behind my opinion which is that this thread specifically stated no Wicked. But of course all the Wicked fans had to whine and complain that their opinions are just as important as everyone else's, blah, blah, blah. There are thousands upon thousands of threads discussing every aspect of Wicked from the music to what Idina eats for breakfast. Is it so much to ask there be one, just one thread where Wicked is not mentioned? Once again it is not Wicked that is annoying, it is the sheer number of Wicked posts that is annoying. Take a look at the front page sometime and count how many threads are titled: "Wicked Saturday Matinee", "Wicked Lotto", "Wicked in LA", "Wicked in Chicago". I am glad if Wicked is your favorite show, but I think we are all getting quite sick of the excessive multiple threads created for this one show. If a thread says "no Wicked" that should be respected. If you want to post about Wicked you have the option to go to one of the millions of threads on the subject. I am sooooo done talking about this as I am sure nothing is going to be resolved.

TheatreDiva90016
#69ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 12:44pm

My my my...

TabooPhan, did your sense of humor die? I thought you would support me when I went to most posts yesterday and just posted the word Wicked in them. I mean, those threads hadn't even mentioned ANYTHING about Wicked, so I thought I was doing you and your group a favor.

I guess I was mistaken.

You say, "Not once have I seen your post read, "I don't like Wicked threads"

Well, that's just wrong, and if you had been here for more than a month you would know that.

MagesticKiwi
#70ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 1:30pm

Favorite: The Scarlet Pimpernel
Least Favorite: Movin' Out

StephanietheStar
#71ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 2:35pm

Part of the reason there are sooo many damn Wicked threads is taht there are currently THREE productions of it!!! that means unlike, say, Light in the Piazza, Avenue Q, or DRS, a LOT of us are getting the chance to see it and even multiple times. Also, because of its immense popularity there is always tons of new news about the show.

I will admit that the really random threads like: "where can I write to..?" and "Don't you think _____ would be good as Elphaba!?" are stupid and annoying, but the wonderful reviews people post and the questions about the lottery (although many could be searched for the answer from previous threads) are important and the same types of threads you find for other shows. For the stated above answer though, there just happens to be more of them.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#72ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 2:51pm

keggss23 - You used the word "Wicked" thirteen times in your last post. I'm just sayin'...

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

TheatreDiva90016
#73ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 2:53pm

See Steph, you are starting to understand.

And I did make a mistake, it wasn't 3,000 posts about Wicked, it's now over 5,000.

I think everyone needs to chill a bit, and also folks need to not start a new Wicked thread for every little thing.

StephanietheStar
#74ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/26/05 at 3:02pm

on the front page there are only 4 threads (including this one) that have Wicked in the title...that's not too bad

Videos