ANYTHING BUT WICKED

AudrasBoi Profile Photo
AudrasBoi
#0ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:25pm

If you havent read my post on Saycon reviews please don't post. I am looking to compile a list of eveyones favorite musicals. I want to also know what show you dislike the most. BUT NO WICKED in either favorite or least favorite. Think of something you have seen that maybe not alot of others did or just something you adore BUT YOU HAVE TO HAVE SEEN IT not just heard OCR. I hope there are a few who can take this seriously. Cheers.

StarbuckQAF
#1re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:40pm

most recently, my absolute favorite has got to be "Lennon" (the John Lennon-inspired musical biography) -- I've really never enjoyed a show more, and I've already seen it 4 times. I adore it. Great cast, great music, great energy, great entertainment.

Dislike? I'm really not a fan of "Contact" (Best Musical Tony Winner in 2000) -- I know a lot of people liked it, but it just wasn't my kind of show. It had great dancing, and though I can appreciate it for what it is, I wouldn't see it again if I could avoid it.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:43pm

Why not Wicked? What if its your favorite?

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#3re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:44pm

My favorite show of all time is, and I suspect always will be, Les Miserables. I've seen SO many shows, and no other show has impressed me more.

Least favorite show I've seen. That's tough -- mostly because it's hard to say if it was production or the actual show. For instance, I love the score of Godspell, but the most recent time I saw it I DESPISED it - but I think that was the fault of the production. Overall, I'm going to have to go with Cats.

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#4re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:46pm

Wickedrocks,

Because we already know....

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

LucilleAndLeoFrank
#5re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:46pm

Favorite show of all-time is Sunday in the Park with George.

Least favorite show of all-time is Cats.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#6re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:49pm

Favorite: Company
Least Favorite: Phantom of the Opera
Updated On: 7/24/05 at 07:49 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#7re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:50pm

TheatreDiva: re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED

Ok, well my favorite after Wicked would be Gypsy or ACL.

Least favorite (sorry) Aida & Good Vibrations

Did anyone else notice AudrasBoi joined today and is telling us what/what not to post? Just wondering...

gavrochegirl
#8re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:51pm

Favorite: Les Miserables
Least Favorite: CATS...and Annie.

What the puck?!

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#9re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:55pm

FAVORITE
The Light in the Piazza
Cabaret
Into the Woods

LEAST FAVORITE
Working
Bells are Ringing
Annie Get Your Gun

Barnaby12345 Profile Photo
Barnaby12345
#10re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:59pm

Favorite: Rent/ Aida

Least Favorite: Thoroughly Modern Millie

hak Profile Photo
hak
#11re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 7:59pm

fave: LA CAGE or RENT or [W]
least fave: DRACULA

StephanietheStar Profile Photo
StephanietheStar
#12re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:06pm

Just to piss you off ---WICKED!!!

I'm so sick of everyone getting all bitchy because people like Wicked, none of us say the show is flawless ---we know it's not the best! but we love it..and so do millions of other people!!! it's a fun show and entertaining as hell, with some great catchy music and some damn talented performers. There are plenty shows that are talked about that I think suck but am I complaining?? NO. If you don't like something, ignore it. Live your life, don't intrude on others.

THANK YOU.

-Steph

and all that I could do because of you was talk of love...

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#13re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:14pm

Fav.-
Rent

Least Fav.-
Aida

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

Derek
#14re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:17pm

Steph, you got guts and i love it! and i love wicked too lol

i dont have a least favorite, i honestly do love em all

ashley0139
#15re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:19pm

Favorite:
LES MISERABLES

Least favorite:
ANNIE or GREASE

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

LessDazdMoreConfuzd Profile Photo
LessDazdMoreConfuzd
#16re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:23pm

Favorite(s):
Bat Boy: The Musical!!! I absolutely loved this musical, I would go see it a million times over if I could. Unfortunately that doesn't seem feasible. The song Comfort and Joy gives me chills.

More recently, AIDA. It was soooo good, and I went in knowing very little about it, which made it that much more special.

Spamalot. Yeah, I know, but still, sometimes some laughter can fix a whole weeks worth of disasters, and this musical provided that laughter.

Least Favorite:
Oklahoma! Now, before anyone freaks out because it's a classic or anything like that, let me say that, the first hundred times I saw it, I really, really enjoyed it. However, part of my dislike for it comes from the fact that I am from, and still live in, Oklahoma. I always feel like when people see it they think, "Boy, those Okies, they must rope them up some mighty fine cattle." Oh, and the gunshots always scare the...well, they freak me out.

MissElphie Profile Photo
MissElphie
#17re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:26pm

Favorite: RENT/Les Mis (and that one that begins with a W I can;t mention....)

Least Favorite: Annie

ZONEACE
#18re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:27pm

Copacabanna SUCKS, a lot. end of story

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

#19re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:30pm

Favorite: Light in the Piazza

Least favorite: Man of la Mancha (BSM was amazing, but the story line and plot was bland)

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#20re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:32pm

Fav: Les Mis

Least: A Stoop on Orchard Street

James885 Profile Photo
James885
#21re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:43pm

Favorite: Les Miserables
Aida
Chicago
Rent
Little Shop
Hairspray
Least Favorite: La Cage
Cats

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#22re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:46pm

So this one time I love Wicked
Not to mention the 293873983 threads that have been made on this topic, also the catigory in your profile that says "favourite musical" if your the one to complain about the numerous threads about Wicked, than maybe you should do a seach and find the numerous threads on this damn topic.

Thespianchick87 Profile Photo
Thespianchick87
#23re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 8:54pm

Favorites- Evita, Hairspray, Hair, Les Miz and Anything Goes
Least Favorite - Caroline or Change and Mambo Kings

SallyBrown Profile Photo
SallyBrown
#25re: ANYTHING BUT WICKED
Posted: 7/24/05 at 9:00pm

barnbaby- how come you don't like Thoroughly Modern Millie?

Favorite:
YAGMCB, Sunday in the Park with George, Porgy and Bess, RENT

Least:
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm *thinks hard*
Wonderful Town

"It's a great feeling of power to be naked in front of people. We're happy to watch actual incredible graphic violence and gore, but as soon as somebody's naked it seems like the public goes a bit bananas about the whole thing."

Videos