pixeltracker

PJ Reviews "See What I Wanna See"- Page 3

PJ Reviews "See What I Wanna See"

sports620
#50re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 7:57pm

Does anyone have an email address for the public theater so I can actually reach someone?

You can see my other post about selling my tickets for tomorrow nite. I guess everyone on here bought their tics to this... I would have thought people would have jumped at the 30$ tickets.
Updated On: 10/12/05 at 07:57 PM

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#51re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:08pm

Yes, there were some comments about the dress Shoshana wore to the benefit.

Idina usually has Taye around to "tsk tsk" any fashion "don'ts."

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#52re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 8:18pm

You Want It...I almost wrote in my last post,
"I should have known it wasn't Idina though. Taye would never have let her out of the house in that!" Too funny!

Sorry. I promise last comment about Shoshana's outfit.
Back to SWIWS

jeffrey2
#53re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 9:27pm

It states that there is "sexual violence" and possible nudity. Would you think it is too much for a mature 13 yr old?

forgetregret
#54re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 9:35pm

Yes. I'd say it's too mature for anyone under maybe 16, unless they're EXTREMELY mature for their age.

bwayfan3 Profile Photo
bwayfan3
#55re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:15pm

OUt of curiousity, what is the running time on this show?

forgetregret
#56re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:20pm

Last night it was about 2 hours and 15 minutes, including a 15 minute intermission, but they might make changes that will cause it to become longer or shorter.

stephygirl51 Profile Photo
stephygirl51
#57re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:31pm

Anyone going on November 5th??? So excited!

There's Only Us There's Only This Forget Regret Or Life Is Yours To Miss No Other Road No Other Way NO DAY BUT TODAY!

Once upon a time I was a shy young thing
Could barely walk and talk so much as dance and sing
But let me hit that stage I wanna take my bow
Cause Mama I'm a big girl now!

PJ
#58re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/12/05 at 10:37pm

Yes, it is Shoshana at the benefit. And I thought she looked pretty damn hot.

And as far as SWIWS's level of risque--I was actually expecting more. I heard that there was supposedly a graphic rape scene and nudity. There are rape scenes, but I've seen much worse on Lifetime Television for Women.

Yankeefan007
#59re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 8:48pm

who gets raped? if its a spoiler, PM me please.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#60re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:56pm

Just got back from See What I Wanna See.

There are no words. None.

All I can come up with right now is brilliant. Absolutely positively brilliant.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#61re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 10:58pm

Well, put yourself together and FIND some words because I want to hear more. re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'

And, just wondering...did you wait after and see if Idina came out?
Updated On: 10/13/05 at 10:58 PM

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#62re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:20pm

BroadwayGirl, the only exit from the theater is the front door, so Idina kinda has to come out. No sneeking out the back way.

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#63re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:22pm

Well, I meant did she stop and talk or sign?

BSoBW2
#64re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/13/05 at 11:38pm

Actually, there is a back way out...but she'll end up in front of the theatre anyway...without going through the lobby.

Tir Na Nog
#65re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 12:43am

Saw the show tonight. Short review

Thought it was AMAZING!! I love Lachiusa and this might be my favorite of his scores.

Idina was wonderful!! I was so angry with her for doing the horror we call "Wicked" and am so happy to see her in a show that requires more than screeming and make up.

"One difference between poetry and lyrics is that lyrics sort of fade into the background. They fade on the page and live on the stage when set to music". - Stephen Sondheim

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#66re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 1:19am

I just saw the show tonight as well - i LOVED it. the cast is superb, and we definitley get to see a side of idina that is a far stretch from what she did in WICKED (although, i loved her there as well).

i HIGHLY recommend it. i hope to see it again before it's run is up.

(oh, and at the very end idina waved to someone in the audience and only then did my friend and i realize we were sitting next to eden espinosa...)

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#67re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 1:23am

I'm so happy to hear mainly positive reviews. November 11th can't come soon enough.

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#68re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 1:30am

Kate, I thought that was Eden, but couldn't really tell from where I was sitting.

Oh, and the show was pretty good too. The cast was uniformly excellent. I only wish Mary Testa had more to do in the first act. And I really liked the music, can't wait for the CD. I still have "See What I Wanna See" stuck in my head. Idina doing that and Mary's song in the second act were two of my favorite moments.

BSoBW2
#69re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 2:04am

The Greatest Practical Joke?

That's fun!

Audra has the best rendition of the title song.

embracepeace
#70re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 2:36am

Hey all

I gave an in depth review here: http://s4.invisionfree.com/So_Beautiful/index.php?showtopic=5204

Seriously, though, if you don't want to be completely spoiled, don't read it. For those that can't go, I hope this helps in detailing what the show's about! :)

ken8631 Profile Photo
ken8631
#71re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:49am

Saw it last night with wife. Overall, she loved it. I thought it was good, but have to admit I was nodding off during parts of it. Marc (much stronger) and Idina have great voices, but Mary Testa was quite outstanding with hers. Saw Marc and Mary at "Broadway Unplugged", they really didn't need mics for this. Heard a bit of "Wicked" type singing from Idina, and the "Thief" guy's voice was weak compared to the others. The "Janitor/Preist" charactor was great, didn't need a powerful voice, just did a great job acting.

Thought it was a bit ironic that Idina was wearing ruby colored shoes.......

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#72re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:10pm

Is this show really inappropriate for a 16 year old?

I am 16, and I HIGHLY doubt I am unable to handle this show. I am not a Wicked teenie, and I think myself along with other mature non teeny bopper Wicked crazed teens can handle this show. Telecharge is usually RIGHT ON with their recommended ages, so I'm trusting them on this one.

I can't imagine it has anything worse than we what we see in our horror films these days.
Updated On: 10/14/05 at 07:10 PM

freeadmission Profile Photo
freeadmission
#73re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 7:22pm

I've read the detailed, major-spoiler reviews, and I think it's okay for a discriminate 16-year-old and, from what I've read of your posts, you are a discriminate 16-year-old. I think you (will? do?) understand the reasoning behind the graphic nature of the show and are able to think about it, as anyone should when seeing good theatre.

As long as your parents won't freak out about it, I say see it.

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#74re: PJ Reviews 'See What I Wanna See'
Posted: 10/14/05 at 10:39pm

I saw the show last night and I'm just glad I am not a professional reviewer as I would be unable to explain to anyone what was going on on that stage. The score was unmemorable, as were most of the lyrics. I sat in the 'center' section and you can clearly see other audience members. Most of them looked bored and one man in the first row actually fell asleep. To be fair, there were a few people who lept to their feet at the curtain call (not counting the woman, also in the first row, who jumped up and bolted out of the theatre at the first opportunity). But the overall audience reaction (overheard in the stairways and out into the street) was not positive.

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'
Updated On: 10/16/05 at 10:39 PM

Videos