pixeltracker

Vocal flubs on cast recordings....- Page 3

Vocal flubs on cast recordings....

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#50re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:15am

Isn't there a mistake on "I Wanna Be a Producer"? One of the chorus girls almost says, "He wants to be..." when they're really supposed to whistle, so it comes out like a quick, "Heee!"

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

overthemoon419 Profile Photo
overthemoon419
#51re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:24pm

Adam's "I have always love you" was my first recording flub! It's so blatantly obvious - I made everyone I know listen to it. I assume it's there because correcting the tense would have meant more $$ that they didn't necessarily have.

On the Li'l Abner OBCR, during "Put 'Em Back", you can hear one of the girls mess up. The verse is sung once, then the next verse has an "echo", and the third verse is like the first, with no echo - but you can clearly hear one voice go "Puh---" and then abrubtly stop, as though she forgot that there shouldn't be an echo there.

"It's not for sissies, contrary to popular belief." - Tommy Tune, on musical theatre.

My avatar: Yummy, no?

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#52re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:27pm

TBone, Anderson was indeed the replacement for Vindovic so technically the original on Broadway. Speaking of Footloose, the whole recording seemed like a flub no?
Updated On: 3/6/06 at 03:27 PM

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#53re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:29pm

Les Miserables complete symphonic recording --

During the Thenardier waltz, when Thenardier says "Beyond rubies is our little girl," the word rubies gets really distorted. It sounds like he's rubbing his fingers over his lips, making that bubbly sound.

I think a wizard did it.

BSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
#54re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:48pm

Calvin - I always thought my CD was scratched!

The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.

Bwaybaby109
#55re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:55pm

On the London cast cd of Fiddler with Topol, during "Tradition" after the mama's part and when it goes in to "The mamas...the mamas...Tradition!" if you listen closely you can hear someone sing "The mam..." like a split second before everyone else is supposed to sing. pretty funny.

"Have a child for warmth and a baker for bread and a prince for... whatever!"

Calvin Profile Photo
Calvin
#56re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:56pm

I did, too! Then, mine really got scratched and I had to get another copy, and that recording flub was still there.

SweeneyPhanatic
#57re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 3:59pm

Whenever I listen to the OBC of "Sweeney Todd," I always hear pages turning during the judge's "Johanna." I've also found that it's almost impossible to hear Sarah Rice when she finally learns Anthony's name.

On the "Phantom of the Opera" hilights version of "Music of the Night" (the one used in the music video) I hear paper rustle and what sounds like the mike being bumped into near the start of the song.

-- SDG

OddExoticCreature Profile Photo
OddExoticCreature
#58re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 4:57pm

"The most recent screw up on a cast recording I can think of is Sutton Foster sort of cracking when she belts the high E in "Astonishing" on the Little Women cd."

That's the first thing I thought of when I read this thread title. It was the first thing I ever heard Sutton sing and ugh, did not like it. You'd think they would have wanted to re-take that...

--Like an odd exotic creature on display inside a zoo, hearing children asking questions makes me ask some questions too...--

BSoBW3 Profile Photo
BSoBW3
#59re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 4:59pm

Phew.

Good thing I didn't go try to replace it.

The smallest stream is a valent river. It will drown me if it can.

waddledee524 Profile Photo
waddledee524
#60re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:42pm

On the Avenue Q OBCR, during "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist", Natalie Venetia Belcon wavers a little on the "white" in the line "bigotry has never been exclusively white." And it kind of bugs me.

Hear the words I sing: war's a horrid thing. So, I sing sing sing... Ding a ling a ling.
Updated On: 3/10/06 at 05:42 PM

RuprechtJr.
#61re: Vocal flubs on cast recordings....
Posted: 3/6/06 at 5:46pm

In the OBCR of "The Producers", song: I Wanna Be a Producer

This is after the chorus girls enter. When they whistle, you can distincly hear a chorus girl say somehing instead of whistling for the first note. Then they come in with "He wants to be a Producer; With a great big casting couch!"

Altodette
#62Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 6:57pm

buffyactsing said:

"Where does Reid come in early on the Annie recording? I can't hear it."

There was a verse that Andrea comes in first, but Reid starts to sing with her for a syllable, but stops. I always heard it on the 8-track, but I think they fixed it for the remastered CD.

#63Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 7:29pm

Has anyone else noticed that in "dancing through life" on the wicked obc norbert is COMPELTELY flat on his long note on "life"...."and learn to live the unexamined life" it's near the beginning. it bugs me EVERY time.

"Holding to the Ground" from falsettoland off=broadway recording has too many bad notes to count.

eatlasagna
#64Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 7:54pm

don't know if anyone mentioned it... i skimmed through the posts.. but on Les Mis concert someone sings "uh huh" when they should have been singin Look Down on the prologue or something like that...

some other flubs:

Miss Saigon OLC during The Fall Of Saigon.. it always irked me that Lea Salonga sings "pleade chris, no one sees" instead of "please chris, no one sees"... also... during Thuy's arrival one of the bar girls screams but it's so out of place... cracks me up...

AIDA OBC... hated... HATED that Adam Pascal sings the line... "anonymous and gone to mow"... aaarrggh... oh well

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#65Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 7:58pm

Listened to Kiss Me II again. I kind of remember him coughing, maybe because he's angry that she still doesn't know her name? Or taken aback and trying to get her attention? Not sure...

Cenoern
#66Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 8:13pm

Miss Saigon London Recording, during "The Heat Is On In Saigon", Lea Salonga totally cracks during her little solo part
"I have a heart like the sea...
a >>million<< dreams are in me.."

I kind of like it though. Somehow, it just totally fits her character.. but was it intentional?

#67Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 8:19pm

Bernadette Peters on the recording for "The Goodbye Girl." Just painful and bad-- and I do love Bernadette. Yuck.

eatlasagna
#68Annie OBC
Posted: 3/6/06 at 10:02pm

cenoern... i've never known if that was intentional or not.. but it does seem to fit... i've heard other kims sing it and others not.. oh well... works for me

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#69GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:25pm

Where is Bernadette bad on goodbye Girl? She sounds correct and in character to me.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

TLKfan Profile Photo
TLKfan
#70GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/8/06 at 10:52pm

Jess, Is it actually off or what? I started hearing that part in "Dancing through Life" and I cringe every time I hear it. It seems so off.

2008 European Tour
London: Les Mis, Lion King, Sound of Music, Joseph, Hairspray, Billy Elliot
France: Le Roi Lion, Cabaret
Germany: Der Konig der Lowen
Holland: Tarzan & Les Mis

thejcm Profile Photo
thejcm
#71GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 12:51pm

I just found one! At least on my recording of Miss Saigon (OLC) Lea during "I'd Give My Life For You" sings "As long as you can have your chan-" instead of "chance." There's a hint that she might be saying the "-ce" part very, very softly, but it could be the music as well, so who knows.

"Who says you can't bend over backwards and eat bugs if you want to? I guess the bugs would probably say you can't do that that, but assuming that they are willing and consenting bugs, then there's no problem. Let's wig out eating bugs." -RuPaul

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#72GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 2:13pm

On the OBC recording of Promises, Promises it sounds like Jill O'Hara gets some phlegm caught in her throat during the second verse of "I'll Never Fall in Love Again".

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man

Makenzi
#73GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 4:04pm

I could be wrong, but I've always heard it this way - in "Dancing Through Life" it sounds like Norbert sings "...can dance 'til it lights" instead of "dance 'til it's light."

"Every blade of grass has an angel that bends over it and whispers, "Grow, grow." ~The Talmud

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#74GOODBYE GIRL?
Posted: 3/9/06 at 5:04pm

On the soundtrack of Godspell, Victor Garber clears his throat right as the instrumental break for "Save the People" starts... after he sings "God save the people" by himself.
Updated On: 3/9/06 at 05:04 PM

Videos