Next Disney Musical

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#50re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 6:09pm

I will starve myself to death if there is not an announcement about Hunchback within the next ten years. My favorite animated Disney movie and one of my favorite scores.

elphaba432 Profile Photo
elphaba432
#51re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 8:10pm

Here's my list:
~Newsies
~Mulan
~Aladdin
~Hercules
I don't really think High School Musical will ever make it to Broadway. I didn't think it was amazing, in my opinion. Everyone says it's amazing, but not for me, so not High School Musical.

Just because I got the lead doesn't mean you can't be my understudy!:)

NickHyper
#52re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 8:14pm

Yeah, I'd say the top ones would be (in no order)
- Mulan
- Hunchback
- Aladdin
- Hercules

Song of the South would be frickin hilarious, even though they'll never do it :)

NickHyper
#53re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 5/15/06 at 8:15pm

Yeah, I'd say the top ones would be (in no order)
- Mulan
- Hunchback
- Aladdin
- Hercules
- Pocahontas

Song of the South would be frickin hilarious, even though they'll never do it :)

Edit: Sorry for the double post re: Next Disney Musical
Updated On: 5/15/06 at 08:15 PM

Broadwaygirl22 Profile Photo
Broadwaygirl22
#54re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:01pm

I would really like to see Mulan, Hercules, or Pocahontas on Broadway. High School Musical was good, but I don't think it should go on Broadway in my opinion. Kenny Ortega should put Newsies on Broadway instead!

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation."

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#55re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:05pm

I would really like to see high school muscial on broadway. I love the soundtract and the movie.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

JustChillin8908
#56re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:05pm

I find it funny that people are defending their reason why High School Musical should not be on broadway.

Believe me, it needs no defending...

Hillary is Cool Profile Photo
Hillary is Cool
#57re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 8:58pm

if they did put "high school musical" on broadway. only teens would see it. i don't think it would do good. there is no story line really. i would love to see aladin on broadway = ], i

acrocksyo Profile Photo
acrocksyo
#58re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 9:10pm

It should be Leonard Part 6 I am telling you!

http://theaterfag.blogspot.com/ Reviews and the like

shatteredheart Profile Photo
shatteredheart
#59re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 11:31pm

How about Pollyanna?

You know in a way I owe it all to you. I thought losing you was a blow I could never withstand. Look how far I have come without anyone holding my hand. The day you broke my heart you handed me the chance to make a brand new start. You helped me find my way. There's still so much to learn. So many dreams to earn. But, even if I crash and burn ten times a day. I think I'm here to stay. I'm gonna find my way.

#60re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/21/06 at 11:35pm

PETE'S DRAGON

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#61re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 4:49am

heres my list of the disney films that would ROCK on stage!

.Mulan
.Hercules
.Aladdin
.Hunchback Of Notre Dame
.Pocahontas

Singin Fo' Jesus
#62re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:17am

Newsies has already been tapped for the stage years ago. Im talking like in the late 1990's. I and a bunch of my freinds auditioned for the LA stage version in Hollywood. Most of us made it to the final call-backs and then were told by our agents that the musical was being canned due to lack of interest and money from Disney.
SO, I doubt that it will re-surface anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone who mentioned HERCULES. I think it has enough story and sass to make it to the great white way. You find some sassy black girls to play the Muses and we're set.

Sant
#63re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:14pm

Hopefully none of the great 'half musicals' from LITTLE MERMAID to MULAN. They're great, but three is enough.

Instead they could create a musical based on one of their films with COMPLETELY original score. The movie HOCCUS POCCUS, which featured Bette Midler, Cathy Najimy (sp?) and Sarah Jessica Parker, would be great for that purpose. Plus it would have great leading roles - the three witches.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#64re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:21pm

"Please. Make them stop already!"

Why? It helps NYC's economy by bringing in tourists willing to spend money on shows. It also introduces people to musical theatre. Also, it creates jobs for people. Seriously, I don't see anything wrong with Disney wanting to produce musicals...and again...you have SO MANY show options in NYC...Disney is not taking over! 3 or 4 shows out at a time out of the many shows in NYC is not taking over. If you don't like the fact that the Disney shows are actually helping the economy, no one is forcing you to see the show. You have other options.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

mikeyb16 Profile Photo
mikeyb16
#65re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:22pm

i agree

Footlooser Profile Photo
Footlooser
#66re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:27pm

I too agree.

I would love to see:

Pocahantas
Pete's Dragon
Hunchback
Polly (The Phylicia Rashad and Keshia Knight Pulliam version)
Hocus Pocus

"You know just because you put a smiley face after it doesn't change the fact that it was an a-hole comment." ~ Sumofallthings

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#67re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:27pm

Mr Roxy, Tarzan, according to this site, has done 95-97% business in the last few weeks. It has never had a week below 91%. Doesn't sound like the "failure" you describe it as to me.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

blueroses
#68re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 3:47pm

The Aristocats has always been a favorite of mine.

PalaceRent06 Profile Photo
PalaceRent06
#69re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 5:19pm

Id love to see mulan, with lea Salnonga (sp?) as the title role, and Hercules be made into Broadway shows, they have lots of potential, in my opinion

PalaceRent06 Profile Photo
PalaceRent06
#70re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 5:19pm

Double Post, sorry Updated On: 6/22/06 at 05:19 PM

blueroses
#71re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 5:35pm

The Aristocats already has some great music in place (though more would have to be written)...and Scat Cat is fabulous! I've loved this movie since I was a little girl.

singingbeauty Profile Photo
singingbeauty
#72re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 5:41pm

i think aladdin would be AMAZING! the story is really perfect for Broadway...it's got all the dimensions..it could be a hit i think.... but then again maybe not..it might be too over-done ...we'll see..
..and high school musical i pray does NOT make it to Broadway.it would only target teens and shows absolutely no vocal range or quality..not a good choice in my opinion..

...Christopher Columbus I'll be *ASTONISHING*.. at LAST!!

Fredisetgo Profile Photo
Fredisetgo
#73re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 5:47pm

i know they had lined up a cast for mermaid: kerry butler as ariel, and harvey as ursula, and norbert leo butz as eric.......anyone know any more about that?

OH! It's time to start livin! Time to take a little from the world we're given! Time to take time, 'cause spring will turn to fall... In just no time at all!

Katie2 Profile Photo
Katie2
#75re: Next Disney Musical
Posted: 6/22/06 at 6:13pm

1. Hunchback
2. Pocahontas
3. Hercules
4. Aladdin

I was going to put "The Little Mermaid" on there until I found out that it's already going to be put on broadway.

Videos