pixeltracker

BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film- Page 3

BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#50re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 2:02pm

re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

This is Sacha Baron Cohen...yes, the same actor who is Borat.

Yes...Borat is a costumed character.

Quite different from the actor, huh? re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#51re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 2:54pm

""I will just wait till this appears in the 5.50 bin at WalMart.... i'm sure it will be there once it is released on dvd"

If only they cast Patti Lupone as Mrs. Lovett, then we would not have to worry about that happening! "

Yes, because she's a much bigger draw...um...

WOOT! It's official! I think it's great!

worrell4077
#52re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 2:56pm

Does anybody actually know why Burton usually casts the same people in his movies? He says it in the Batman Returns commentary(I think) or I read it somewhere, but he likes to have a familar atmosphere, a pleasant working environment. He likes to have familar faces who know each other and how they work and that can play well off each other.

I don't think that Cohen is tired of playing Borat because I do believe he's going to be working on another Borat movie.

Scarywarhol
#53re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 2:57pm

Oh, and also...Sacha can sing well enough. As evidenced by the infamous "Throw the Jew Down the Well" Borat segment from Da Ali G show.

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#54re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 2:59pm

You would think people would be used to sarcasm on this board.

Scarywarhol
#55re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:02pm

LOL, no, we just reply sarcastically to your sarcastic comments.

whiskedaway Profile Photo
whiskedaway
#56re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:09pm

It's a never ending cycle, lol.

punk ballerina  Profile Photo
punk ballerina
#57re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:24pm

If Sacha Baron Cohen gets the part, I will be suprised. He is a really cool guy! He could play the beggar woman instead of Pirelli. (ok that wasn't very funny)

wow thats pretty deep...did ya get that off a bumper sticker?

jasobres
#58re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 3:57pm

Alright, now I'm definitely not seeing this film, because Cohen is now OFFICIALLY playing Sweeney Todd's first victim!!! I hope he doesn't bring his "anti-semitism" with him into the role. (I put that in quotes because Cohen really is Jewish, he just plays an anti-semitic Kazakhstani reporter.)

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/103551.html

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth

Scarywarhol
#59re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:03pm

Why is everyone so sure this man is a one-trick pony? For god's sake, Borat is a role. On a message board devoted to theater I'd think people would understand that.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#60re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:09pm

I'm SO happy it's offical!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#61re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:33pm

Well, I'm happy that he's official too cause I have a feeling that he fits the character.

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#62re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 5:38pm

Jesus god, everyone shut up. Sacha will own in this movie. The comedic ability needed to pull of Pirelli is just up his alley. The man is an amazing comedian and an excellent actor. And since I'm 99% sure Pirelli won't be singing in this movie his vocal ability has nothing to do with it, although he might be able to sing it just fine.

God I've never seen so many nay sayers this early with a film full of juggernauts that have been approved by Sondheim itself. Stop predicting the end of the world and just wait for the film to come out.

Man if message boards had been around when they were making the CABARET film...

"OMG I totally can't believe Fosse would cast Michael York as Cliff....he deff can't sing. And I heard they were cutting Frauline Kost and Herr Schultz! I'm am so not going to see this movie if Meskite or Married or the Pineapple song isn't in it!!!!"

Just wait. There is a reason Burton is directing it. There is a reason that the cast is the cast. And there is a reason Sondheim has said "OK" to the entire thing. Why don't we just trust them for now and wait to see if it's Planet of The Apes or Edward Scissorhands.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#63re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:19pm

If he's all right by Stephen Sondheim, he's all right by me. We can decide whether he was a good or bad choice AFTER we've seen the film. But I'm thinking that, in the same way Will Ferrell actually worked out quite nicely for 'The Producers', this is actually a pretty good casting choice. ^_^

Don't judge what you haven't seen, people! :P

Paulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
#64re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:33pm

For christ sake!!

i wish people would just chill out. I dont want to see Patti, Angela or Len in this movie version. Yes it will annoy some people with Burton's casting, but it is a movie. I'm prepared to wait for Burton's film to come out before making judgement.

John Doyle's version is great in its own way, but i cant see the same cast making an impression on the big screen.

i think Sacha might surpise alot of people

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#65re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:38pm

Buuuut Paullllllly! Only Donna Lynne Champlain can play PIRELLI! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A WOMAN DAMNIT!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#66re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 6:52pm

worrell: Burton is just one of many film directors who use a company of regulars--from Mack Sennett to Woody to Ford to Hitch....auteurs tend to do that sort of thing.

I think Cohen is a great choice and those pics Brody posted are HOT! I'd be MUCH more worried about Helena playing a lead rather than Sacha playing a small role.

moulinrougehk
#67re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:02pm

"Buuuut Paullllllly! Only Donna Lynne Champlain can play PIRELLI! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A WOMAN DAMNIT!"

Have you read the script or watched the DVD of Angela's stage version or Patti's concert version? Pirelli becomes a woman because of John Doyle! It's suppose to be a man! This is common sense!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#68re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:18pm

Wow, someone missed the concept of "making a silly joke". re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

(That would be you, moulinrougehk. Just in case my post flew over your head as well.)

moulinrougehk
#69re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 7:27pm

Oh, really? I have this thought first, but the whole post just don't give that feeling...

RentBoy86
#70re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 11:18pm

I think he'll be great. It will bring more people into the movie theater.

And he's not making another Borat movie. He's already used that gimmick, it wouldn't work again. If it did it would be to "stagey" sort of like the Laguna Beaches.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#71re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/14/06 at 11:40pm

I think he'll be brilliant!

And lildogs--I agree he's a hottie. Damn Jewish boys!! Get me every time! re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

colored by esteem Profile Photo
colored by esteem
#72re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/15/06 at 12:47am

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the best news!!

Tim Burton's LUCKY he has one of the most talented people in the world in his cast.

This is going to rock!

Julian2
#73re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/15/06 at 1:13am

Plus its another big name to draw more people in to the theatre re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film. Now lets hear the rest of the cast! Oh, I simply cannot wait!

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#74re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/15/06 at 9:05am

Julian, the avatar is priceless

sorry to thread-jack!

Videos