BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

IAMmyownMUSICAL Profile Photo
IAMmyownMUSICAL
#1BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 5:56am

Oh dear...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0408236/

Now all I see are cute boys with short haircuts in a maze of their own...

Broadwayboy2631 Profile Photo
Broadwayboy2631
#1re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:06am

I now hate this film. Tim Burtan shall rot in hell; maybe he’ll be happy there though… Well any way….no….no… This is a role for like an opera singer. This is the first movie musical where I want some lip syncing !

beuk-et-moi
#2re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:24am

Why not cast him for the barber himself,Sweeney Todd a.k.a Borat Barker what an alliteration re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film

Mattbrain
#3re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:36am

My name-a Pirelli. This my assistant, Tobias. He number four retard in all of Kazakhstan. Very nice! How much? Yakhshamash.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#4re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:52am

This movie is going to be very interesting...

moulinrougehk Profile Photo
moulinrougehk
#5re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 8:59am

Guys, it's only in talks at this moment. Furthermore, I have heard that every casting needs to be permitted by Stephen Sondheim himself even though it's a movie, therefore I don't have any worries about the casting yet. And I agree that this movie is going to be interesting...

Somebody sit in my chair, and ruin my sleep, and make me aware of being alive!
Updated On: 11/12/06 at 08:59 AM

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#6re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:42am

Well, the guy can pull off more than Borat. He played a gay French racecar driver in Taladega Nights. At least, that's all I've seen him in. I'm not paticulary worried.

#7re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 9:57am

Also, it said something about Laura Michelle Kelly as Johana.

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#8re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 10:03am

I don't think casting him would neceserally be a bad move. People would see the show just for him, and we all have to admit the man is pretty hillarious. But unless he has had years in voice training, Pirelli's role will most likely be dubbed if he takes it.

mijofly19
luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#10re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 10:34am

Well, it's a good thing the guy is an actor and not really Borat, now isn't it?

Geez.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

LyTeMyCanDyI Profile Photo
LyTeMyCanDyI
#11re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 10:45am

"My name-a Pirelli. This my assistant, Tobias. He number four retard in all of Kazakhstan. Very nice! How much? Yakhshamash."

Mattbrain, that was he funniest thing I've ever read!

Megan Mullally as Karen Walker on Will and Grace: "Tell me more. Tell me more. Like does he have a car?"

ashbash1990 Profile Photo
ashbash1990
#12re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 10:45am

Seeing as borat is just one of many charecters that Sacha Baron Cohen plays, and he does it brilliantly, i think he will be great as pirelli... As a matter of fact this is the only casting thus far about which I am excited...

What a night! I was in more laps than a napkin!

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#13re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:30am

if this happens, one less movie to spend my money on.......

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

worrell4077
#14re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:41am

Borat is just a character that Sacha Baron Cohen plays. I think he'll be fine in the role because I read this article on Sacha Baron Cohen in the newest issue of Newsweek(I have to read it for class) and it said that he is always in character which explains why at every talk show he's been Borat, not Sacha.

Just to ask, why must everyone be so negative towards alot of the casting that is going on with Sweeney? I'm just saying just because Cohen or Depp or Carter or whoever doesn't meet your criteria for the role, doesn't mean he/she will give a great performance. Tim Burton did the same kinda of thing with the 1st Batman movie with the casting of Michael Keaton as Batman and all the Batman fans thought it was going to be a comedy all over again, but then the trailer and then the movie comes out and Michael Keaton is one of the two fan favorites as Batman(the other being Christian Bale).

The point I'm trying to make is that don't be so quick to judge someone simply because they don't meet your standards.

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#15re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:44am

oh please, come off your high horse Joan of Arc, we all have a right to our opinion.......

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

moulinrougehk
#16re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 11:49am

Are you saying that you are in doubt of Sondheim's decision. Afterall, he also have the right to change the cast but he didn't.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#17re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:46pm

Borat is just a character.Its not really the guy. You don't have to be an opera singer to do Pirelli

luvtheEmcee
#18re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:49pm

Has anybody seen his show on HBO? On that alone, he plays a wide variety of characters. They may be ridiculous, but the guy's got talent.

moulinrougehk
#19re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 12:53pm

And who said that he doesn't have a voice?

Atrias Profile Photo
Atrias
#20re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:10pm

He sang a lovely ode to Pam Anderson on Late Night with Conan.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#21re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:18pm

He's so not even close to being on my mental list of worries about this movie.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#22re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:33pm

I read that none of the casting is Sondheim's decision, really, but that they are asking his opinions and for his blessing. I don't think that if Sondheim wasn't fond of someone and the studio was that that person would not be cast.

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

luvtheEmcee
#23re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:39pm

I certainly HOPE that they wouldn't go against Sondheim's wishes, in the event that he did have a strong opposition to some casting choice. My understanding is that he's sort of tangentially involved -- he's not choosing the cast, but he's got some say in approval. My hope holds true for the project as a whole, though -- I hesitate to think that major changes would be made if he didn't approve of them, or that he'd allow anything he doesn't like to be done.

moulinrougehk
#24re: BORAT in talks to play Pirelli in Sweeney Todd film
Posted: 11/12/06 at 1:45pm

In my words, just wait and see, and though it's out of topic, I really hope that Anne Hathaway will get the role more than LMK (who's also facinating) as Anne looks more young and refreshing!

Updated On: 11/12/06 at 01:45 PM

Videos