pixeltracker

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)- Page 3

OMIGOD! A World Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)

dramaqueen2 Profile Photo
dramaqueen2
#50re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:44pm

hm, i haven't decided yet.
it's not totally tragic and it could've been worse. but didn't take my breath away either.. i'll have to wait and see more!

i wish the cast luck though!

hear my song; it was made for the time when you don't know where to go, listen to the song that i sing, you'll be fine..

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#51re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:45pm

Valid point, but I'm not sure how can you compare that to the cast chemistry and the humor of a show you haven't even seen?

I was more defending my opinion of "Dirty Rotten" than comparing it to "Legally Blonde." I'm also judging the humor based on the demo and the clips I've seen, which have left me unimpressed thus far. I'll wind up seeing the show anyway, purely due to curiosity (and a good friend of mine who is anxious to see it). Maybe it will impress me once I see it as a whole. My judgements aren't set in stone. But right now I still feel it's unnecessary, and I am not impressed with what's been provided to advertise the show (usually some of the best bits). Updated On: 1/30/07 at 05:45 PM

broadwaybaby086
#52re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:48pm

I too, am a bit sad that I found the clips to be fun; my inner (and rapidly-fading) theatre snob does not approve. But, I frankly don't care whether or not it is high-quality. I really do enjoy quality, non-fluff shows, but at this point in my life, where I am stressed basically twenty-four hours a day, I am really looking for fun entertainment, which is what Legally Blonde will presumably be. Broadway has always been about entertainment, and the mood is shifting. I understand wanting to keep Broadway pure and artistic, but why not take the fun with the thought-provoking?

If I lived somewhere else, sure I'd rent the movie. But a fair amount of us live in NYC; based on principle alone, why watch the movie when you can see a Broadway show? Whether or not it is a great piece of theatre doesn't make the ability/opportunity to see it any less of a blessing.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...
Updated On: 1/30/07 at 05:48 PM

legallyblondemusical Profile Photo
legallyblondemusical
#53re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:49pm

Understood, it read to me as you were saying those were the reasons DRS worked and why LB could not. There isn't much dialogue in the clips, that is where most of the humor is. We should probably wait till previews are done to look for the best bits :)

Well thought out and composed post broadwaybaby086, thanks.

Updated On: 1/30/07 at 05:49 PM

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#54re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:50pm

i can't wait!

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#55re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 5:59pm

Neither can I!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#56re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:03pm

Love it!!!!!!
Wow! :)

Julian2
#57re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:08pm

We need both the thought-provoking and the fun on Broadway, and all the in betweens. Unfortunatly, its much easier to but on fluffy "sure thing" movie marketing meeting musicals than real on the line material. Everybody's trying to protect their favorite area on Broadway. Heavy Plays / Heavy Musicals / Light Plays / Light Musicals, etc. And we need them all. Unfortunatly, we can't just even it out like we would with glasses of port, its art, and organic. And I think if we all try and be open and critical, Broadway, will in a way, take care of its self. And wether or not Legally Blonde belongs on Broadway will be decided on opening night.

Incoherent rambling over.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#58re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:13pm

I'm unimpressed.

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

shesamarshmallow
#59re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:43pm

Um... that guy is fugly.
I'll fight you, mejusthavingfun, I'LL FIGHT YOU!!!

Yeah, that boulder line is horrible (and the very first line of the song) - I actually put my head in my hands when I heard it in the show. They can definitely change that line. But him cleaning out her room and the rest of it has to stay!

Still hate Bend and Snap. Oh well. Maybe it will grow on me?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#60re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 6:47pm

I shook my head as I heard Omigod You Guys. I'm not very fond if it so far.

thevolleyballer
#61re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 7:02pm

It just looks like a great night of fun. Nothing fabulous, nothing poignant, nothing groundbreaking -- just a couple of hours of pure, movie-to-musical fun.

lindas13
#62re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 7:03pm

I cannot wait... in this day and age of me worrying about a step-son in Iraq it was nice to see something and a lot of someones make me smile. I think fluff is ok you guys. after all... we are not brain surgeons(though some may be), this is for FUN. a great uplifting fun show.. it looks like to me. Once I see it in person(not until NY) I will post my feelings again.

strelimyn Profile Photo
strelimyn
#63re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 7:06pm

Not ashamed to say that I am looking forward to this. I know it is not going to be any sort of musical with a deep message or plot - just 2.5 hours of entertainment. After all, that's what the movie was, and I enjoyed the movie.
All I can say is that Orfeh is just awesome. I rewound the video to "Bend & Snap" multiple times. She's just great. This opens to Broadway on my birthday, so I think I may see it. :)

sumladfrompa.tumblr.com

WalkOn
#64re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:24pm

I watched the video twice more and it really seems less and less interesting or entertaining.

Judging from just the video it seems a little "by the numbers."

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

Trish2
#65re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:31pm

Very screechy ! I'm exhausted already.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#66re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:32pm

Legally Hideous!

MargoChanning
#67re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:40pm

Quite possibly the worse thing I've ever seen. Certainly worse than Wedding Singer and High Fidelity. Even worse than Carrie the Musical (which at least had a couple of numbers better than anything on that tape). Just terrible.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

neddyfrank2
#68re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:41pm

Margo- The clip or the show?

It looks and sounds terrible.

MargoChanning
#69re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:46pm

Just the clips from Broadway.com.

Based on that, it would take me being kidnapped at gunpoint to actually sit through the show when it gets here.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#70re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:48pm

With all due respect Margo, I think you're being a bit precocious in calling it the worst thing ever. It's the out of town tryout...cut it some slack.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.

showinoff Profile Photo
showinoff
#71re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:50pm

WOW... Kate Shindle is absolutely terrible. What were they thinking. Hang up your shoes darlin... you are not a belter, or a actress for that matter. I guess if you do enough fundraising someone is bound to give you a job. Laura and Christian are just adorable, they may pull this show off. I am excited to see it. Sad that some really talented girl lost a chance to be in a broadway show for Shindle... Shame

<< Gavin Creel and Kate Baldwin making vocal love... I adore these two.

kyle. Profile Photo
kyle.
#72re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:51pm

There are some huge talents in this cast and crew. It is too bad all the material sucks.

shesamarshmallow
#73re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:53pm

Shindle's eyes are kind of dead, but her voice is great!

Is it bad that I'm kind of excited for the backlash to this show? I think I'm the odd one out in that I like it more the more I hear and see - I'll have to visit it again to see if that translates to the show as a whole (which I liked, not loved). But I'm kind of perversely excited for everyone to hate it.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

dirty rotten guy Profile Photo
dirty rotten guy
#74re: OMIGOD! A Word Premiere (Legally Blonde SF Video)
Posted: 1/30/07 at 8:54pm

It really looks like Jerry Mitchell lost a bet about how many people you can fit on the stage at one time without it looking like a crowded mess.

"The hallmark of aristocracy is responsibility. Oh brother, that got me, that did me in!"

Videos