pixeltracker

The Rest of the GREASE Cast- Page 3

The Rest of the GREASE Cast

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#50re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:27am

shouldn't they just rename this "The Wedding Greaser"?

starlight2
#51re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:35am

In light of the REAL world events, i realize this in nothing, but, really, could they not have selected a Broadway cast that looked young?! Every one of them was more than "long in the tooth" they were OLD!!! I saw the Papermill production a few years ago and some were older but none of them looked as old as these people, it is unbelievable! I know that stage is different, but I have seen them now, and they are going on 39 and holding, and overweight, more than one, and I have no interest! I am overweight, but really, in GREASE, a highschool musical with real people? one guy and one girl who are pudgy is cool and cute and real! but the rest look like they could use weight watchers and a plastic surgeon, but would it really help??

WickedOne2 Profile Photo
WickedOne2
#52re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:55am

That definitely was Matthew Salvidar as Kenickie. I loved him in The Wedding Singer. But I still am not sure he is right for the role even though he has a great voice and pretty good comedic timing. Does anyone else think Austin would make a good Kenickie?

"I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it." Goethe

TristezzaBella27
#53re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:54am

Christina is SOOOOO excited!!! I saw her like 2 weeks ago and she was just all so excited when talking about it. So excited she will be back on broadway!!!

also isnt it weird she keeps getting roles that are older than her?! lol she covered rosie in TWS and will be covering a school principal in grease. crazy.

also, when is robyn leaving chicago!?!?!?!?

evadiva Profile Photo
evadiva
#54re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 4:11am

I would rather watch youthful actors in their late 20's and 30's than real teens anyday. Most of these youngsters don't know how to carry themselves and lack class - not to mention experience. Laura is an exception. At 20, she is elegant and talented with an amazing voice and presence. This is rare.

If I want to see a REAL high school musical I'll go down the street - or rent that corny Disney one.

Face it teenybopper actors/actresses, as long as a more mature and seasoned actor/actress has a baby face - you'd better watch your backs. Those "old" folks will most likely be getting cast in roles over YOU.

My advice to the younger ones: take classes, drink a ton of water, lay off the booze and cigarettes and take care of yourselves so that in 10 years YOU will be doing the same thing!!!!!!!!!

erinrebecca
#55re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:29am

Winston, I don't know which one you thought was Ava but no, Ava isn't in the show. The girl who is playing Rizzo (who is probably the only one who is even a remote possibility to be mistaken for Ava) is, as has been said here several times, Jenny Powers, and she really doesn't look at all like Ava.

ILUVTOMG Profile Photo
ILUVTOMG
#56re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:35am

pretty old bunch of kids. is Rydell a high school or an assisted living facility?

jimnysf
#57re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:46am

pretty old bunch of kids

Have you folks ever seen the original stage version of "Grease"? It begins with a class reunion so the actors are adults, not kids.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Yankeefan007
#58re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:49am

Chances are, they took that whole thing out.

thenewmoon
#59re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 11:57am

David Engel is in talks for Vince Fontaine...

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#60re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:11pm

Is it just me, or did Rizzo look old enough to be Sandy's mother?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#61re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:14pm

Anyone else think that there was a particular reason why they announced the character names only and didn't even chyron their real names? Maybe they might do some recasting, based on who America chose as D and S?

Yankeefan007
#62re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:18pm

I believe that was the plan all along - to have the "current" cast sign on the dotted line in pencil.

broadwaybaby086
#63re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:33pm

Agreed, Amneris. In regards to the aged appearance of the rest of the cast, I don't think everyone looks old. Some are definite- Saldivar- but Hurder? I think not.

And Yankeefan, that makes a lot of sense. So many things could have gone wrong with this little experiment. But I wish they would have announced the names, nonetheless. Giving names to the faces could have promoted Broadway a little more, you know? A push toward making these actors household names (a stretch, I know). Productions these days in almost every medium are marketed by the names of those within the cast; Broadway outside of NY shouldn't be any different, especially if they want to widen their audience.

"I'll cut you, Tracee Beazer!!!! ...Just kidding. I'd never cut anyone." -Tina Maddigan, 9/30/06, WS stage door
Avatar: JULIE "EFFING" WHITE, 2007 TONY WINNER. Thank God. I'm thinking about legally changing my name to Lizzie Curry...

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#64re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:44pm

If such is the case for recasting, how heartbreaking for all involved. They just shouldn't have announced the "others" as they did.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#65re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 12:52pm

Well, what I've heard is that all casting was contingent on the casting of the two leads and that no contracts would be finalized until the production had its Danny and Sandy. If thats true, then I'm sure the cast accepted the roles with the knowledge the offers could potentially be revoked.

So, I wouldn't really call it "heartbreaking." Disappointing sure - but its not uncommon at all for offers to be cancelled prior to rehearsals. Equity contracts are actually set up specifically to give producers that option without penalty.

DottieD'Luscia
#66re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:00pm

Thanks, MB. I know two people that this has happened to in the past, and it's not pretty.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

littlewow
#67re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:05pm

It's Kirsten Wyatt, not Kristen, playing Frenchie. And if you've ever seen her on stage (Little Becky Two Shoes in Urinetown, Cheno's understudy in YAGMCB, little pigtails Ana in High Fidelity) she plays extremely young. She is also AWESOME! I can't think of anyone better to play Frenchie.

Yankeefan007
#68re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:30pm

Seems Ms. Marshall is a little peeved at America's choice...maybe...

"By the way, I read many places that there was a "fix," and Kathleen Marshall had "guaranteed" the role to Austin because she knew his roommate...."

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/106832.html

DottieD'Luscia
#69re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 1:59pm

The story of the roommate is from Billy Master's column which appears in numerous gay publications (i.e., MetroWeekly in DC, etc.). He's a gossip columnist, so I didn't hold much faith in that piece of initial reporting to begin with.

2blocksfrombway Profile Photo
2blocksfrombway
#70re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 2:18pm

Does anyone know who is playing "Teen Angel" or "Vince Fontaine?"

Malice Profile Photo
Malice
#71re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:00pm

Speaking of the Wedding Greaser, how about Stephen Lynch as Vince Fontaine? A girl can wish can't she?

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#72re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:16pm

austin miller as teen angel anyone?

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

BDavis0092
#73re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:31pm

I could see Stephen Lynch in that role.

www.youtube.com/BwayNY225

WilliamT Profile Photo
WilliamT
#74re: The Rest of the GREASE Cast
Posted: 3/26/07 at 9:58pm

Billy Busch as Vince...?
That blonde woman as Ms. Lynch....?

Videos