pixeltracker

Rent Tour Cast Announced- Page 3

Rent Tour Cast Announced

lstbutifulgrl2
#50re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 7:17pm

I would like to convince him so.

amen.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

#51re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 7:19pm

this is going to be sooo good! i am so syched!!

Platypus
#52re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 7:53pm

"I just clicked on the broadway.com link....the tour is coming to Toronto July 21-26? This makes me really happy! Haven't seen Rent since 1997 when I was borderline obsessed..
I can't wait! Looks fabulous!

The website (www.siteforrent.com) has a slightly different schedule, which I believe is correct - opposed to what the Bway.com link gives. Chicago is two weeks, as is Boston - futher down in the schedule. Atlanta and Toronto are not listed."

Atlanta and Toronto are from an old version of the tour schedule that has since been changed. The Atlanta and Toronto dates were on the original tour schedule that Anthony posted on his myspace blog months before the official announcement. Once the official dates were released, he apologized that certain cities, i.e. Toronto and Atlanta (and maybe one more?) are no longer on the schedule. Being from Toronto as well, I was disappointed. So if you want to see it, the closest stop is Buffalo in January.

stellalove Profile Photo
stellalove
#53re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 9:08pm

Justin Johnston needs to move on from RENT.
Nicolette Hart was an awful Maureen, I wish they had gotten someone better.

K712
#54re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 9:39pm

She is a singer by the way....you can find her on myspace. www.myspace.com/lexigirlmusic

Mattt Profile Photo
Mattt
#55re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 9:43pm

I wanna see Justin go into In the Heights. I think he'd be a great fit.

As for the touring cast, I am SICK of Andy Senor! Hasn't he been in every cast since 1997.

withoutyou08
#56re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 9:58pm

i agree justin would be great in ITH

what if susan blackwell hung out with boq, trekkie monster, the SOL soloist#2, and the piragua guy on a daily basis?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#57re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 10:07pm

She is a singer by the way....you can find her on myspace. www.myspace.com/lexigirlmusic

Yes, you can, as I posted on Page 1 of this thread.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#58re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/2/08 at 11:36pm

I for one am very excited for the tour. I saw adam and anthony back in their bway stint about a little over a year ago. I enjoyed Nicolette as Maureen and am happy to see her again. I agree justin needs to move on as well but am stoked I will get to see him and michael as well. Gwen Stewart is also a blissful addition to the cast and I look forward to this tour.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#59re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 2:53am

Clearly alot of you are not actors in NY!
I know many actors in NY who have the same opinions about the cast members as those voiced here. Even New York actors have some standards.

And Justin is a perfect example of an actor that has been doing a role for a really long time but still gives you a fresh performance
Fresh? Have you seen him more than once?

As for the touring cast, I am SICK of Andy Senor! Hasn't he been in every cast since 1997.
No. He hasn't been in Rent since 2005.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

lstbutifulgrl2
#60re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 11:29am

No. He hasn't been in Rent since 2005.

Andy was Steve for about 3 months from December 2007 to February 2008 (forgive me if these dates are not correct) while Telly was in Philly doing Madame Butterfly.

"Sometimes on the strip, the dreams you come in with, ain't the dreams you leave with" ~Rock of Ages
"I'm a butterfly, trivial and small, and in the greater scheme of things, I don't mean much at all." ~The Story of My Life
"Forget Regret, or life is yours to miss." ~Rent

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#61re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 11:45am

Will they be playing nursing homes?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#62re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 12:15pm

Justin Johnson played Angel in the Broadway company for six years. I understand that a job is a job and (especially in this economy) a paycheck is a paycheck, but don't some of these people want to move on in their careers?

The same can be said for Karmine Alers, who appeared in the show on Broadway for almost ten years after a short stint with the second touring company.

I know Mimi is almost never cast age appropriately, but Alers continuing to cover a character who is nineteen but appears even younger is taking it to a whole new extreme of ridiculousness (regardless of how "good" people find her to be in the role.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 12/3/08 at 12:15 PM

shpants Profile Photo
shpants
#63re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 1:52pm

That is totally depressing that Toronto and Atlanta (mainly Toronto) was a mistake...I got all excited for nothing!
Although Buffalo is not too far, it is a huge schlep...damn! Serves me right for getting too excited too soon haha

Especially in bad weather January! boo

"You see, I told you so! There's lots of things I know. 'Ponine, she knows her way around."
Updated On: 12/3/08 at 01:52 PM

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#64re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 5:41pm

karmine is an aswesome mimi!

Gobstopper Profile Photo
Gobstopper
#65re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/3/08 at 8:12pm

I'm a little disappointed in the casting, but not because I have anything against alumni doing the show. It's because I'm disappointed in a few of the *specific* alumni selected, especially Michael, Nicolette, and Telly... Plus, I was REALLY hoping it would be Mark Richard Ford as Collins and Jaime Lee Kirchner as Mimi. So, I'm sad about that not being the case.

Still, I'm excited to see the show again, and there are still a lot of other cast members that I *am* excited about, so...

Part of me still hopes Lexi drops out and the give Jaime a call though. lol I hope Lexi does a great job though and totally makes me forget that I wanted another actress.

andrewcomp Profile Photo
andrewcomp
#66re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/23/08 at 3:20pm

Cary Shields was apparently cast as a swing recently.

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#67re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/23/08 at 8:56pm

I thought he was banned for life from Rent after he went batsh*t on Mayumi. Are the producers that desperate for actors, or do they just not care anymore?

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

sgv123
#68re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/23/08 at 8:59pm

Is anyone seeing the tour in Philly? If so, where are you sitting? I really want to go, but I can't afford $70 for balcony or sit a mile away from the stage in partial view.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#69re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/23/08 at 9:59pm

I was thinking the same thing, skittles. At least we can assume Mayumi won't be on the tour.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

masb19872
#70re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/24/08 at 12:01am

Do rush/lotto in Philly.

I'm dreading some cast members, while looking forward to others. The only real surprises are Cary Shields and the three (I think) new cast members.

While people debate the quality of Equity vs Non-Equity tours, at least the non-Equity tours have had mostly new, age appropriate actors. Although, I'm disappointed some of the actors from the previous tours weren't brought in (such as Tracy McDowell, Christine Dwyer, and Mimi Jimenez), though they'd make the current cast look even older in comparison.
Updated On: 12/24/08 at 12:01 AM

winter_sky Profile Photo
winter_sky
#71re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/24/08 at 12:39pm

Andy also filled the interim between Robin DeJesus' departure and Telly Leung's arrival from September until December '06. I think he has come back 2 or 3 times since 2006.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#72re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/24/08 at 12:53pm

I can tell you I am 100% positive Lexi will not be dropping out, she turned down another big option to do the tour.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#73re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/24/08 at 3:16pm

I love Merle Dandridge to death... no surprise there. However, I don't want to see her join on the tour. She's a great Joanne, it's where I first saw her, but doing the tour would take her away from NYC! (As selfish as that sounds haha!)

::bust a move::

RentBoy86
#74re: Rent Tour Cast Announced
Posted: 12/24/08 at 4:00pm

I think the whole meaning of the show is lost with these two leads. Who wants to hear some grown men whine about having to pay rent? It's just going to come off like in the movie, which is, grow-up and get a job.

Videos