pixeltracker

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?- Page 34

New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?

hearthemsing22
#825New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/16/23 at 8:30am

MadisonGuy said: "My gf and I are very interested in seeing Mary Kate Morrissey as Elphaba on Broadway. Is there a particular performance, like the Wednesday matinee, that the standby regularly performs? Does it depend on the lead? Might Talia have MKM take the Wednesday matinee, whereas Alyssa might have her always take the Saturday matinee? Just wondering how much we can plan on her performing at a particular time before booking flights and a hotel."

Right now expect Alyssa Fox to always be on. There's no alternate schedule. Standby's don't have set performances like matinees or anything (different for Julie Benko, she started as a standby and now she's an alternate which Wicked does not have)

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#826New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/16/23 at 8:58am

I remember hearing in an interviews with an Elphaba(I can't remember which one) that many Elphabas used to take one of the weekend shows (usually Sunday) off, and it was never listed to the public, but it was kind of always known to the show, and cast.

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

hearthemsing22
#827New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/16/23 at 9:26am

fashionguru_23 said: "I remember hearing in an interviews with an Elphaba(I can't remember which one) that many Elphabas used to take one of the weekend shows (usually Sunday) off, and it was never listed to the public, but it was kind of always known to the show, and cast."

Oh that's a good point...I'd say yes, take your chance with a weekend...matinee? Maybe. 

cookie17
#828New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/16/23 at 10:56am

Follow Mary Kate on Instagram. Most likely she will announce when she's on. A lot of Broadway actors do this and I suspect she will as well.

@maryspacekate

hamiltonstradition
#829New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/16/23 at 8:25pm

cookie17 said: "Follow Mary Kate on Instagram. Most likely she will announce when she's on. A lot of Broadway actors do this and I suspect she will as well.

@maryspacekate
"

Wicked doesn't allow their standby's or understudies to post when they are on, but sometimes there will be hints on Instagram stories.

berniesb!tch
#830New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/17/23 at 1:02pm

hamiltonstradition said: "cookie17 said: "Follow Mary Kate on Instagram. Most likely she will announce when she's on. A lot of Broadway actors do this and I suspect she will as well.

@maryspacekate
"

Wicked doesn't allow their standby's or understudies to post when they are on, but sometimes there will be hints on Instagram stories.
"

Is this still true? Emily kristen Morris is the stand-by on the tour and often posts when she is going on. The rules may have changed or are different for the tour. Or they just don't enforce the rule all that often? I find it to be such a weird one.

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#831New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/18/23 at 4:14am

Has there been an announcement as to when Alyssa Fox’s debut will be?

QueenTwinnied
#832New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/18/23 at 5:18am

March 7th

hamiltonstradition
#833New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 2/19/23 at 7:49am

The tour is usually a bit laxer, and I'm sure Emily's close to 2 MILLION tiktok followers add some pressure to the situation.

The current Glinda understudy on Broadway posted that she was going on in the fall and then a few hours later deleted the post and followed up with a very diplomatic "As an understudy at Wicked on Broadway, we are not allowed to post dates......"

Updated On: 2/19/23 at 07:49 AM

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#834New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/2/23 at 8:06am

Saw the show last night. My lotto seat was in the mezzanine moved down to the orchestra during Intermission. The theater was half empty, cell phones going off, texting during the show, horrid behavior in the mezzanine. The ushers not so nice, and pretty empty in the lobby up the second flight of stairs. 

Anyway...

Talia is not to be missed. She is stunning. 

Mckenzie on the other hand was "ok". She didn't have much presence coming down from that bubble. Her Popular was excellent and full of life, but there was something just missing. Maybe she needs some more time. 

James was out last night.

Everyone else just faded in the background.

The show desperately needs an update or something, Its getting tiresome like Chicago and Phantom. 

Updated On: 3/2/23 at 08:06 AM

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#835New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/2/23 at 8:11am

And that is why, baring someone I NEED to see in it, me seeing the performance the day it reopened will likely be the last time I see it. What a beautiful evening. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#836New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:22pm

Allison Bailey left the show on February 21st, but the wicked website still lists her as the Glinda standby? Anyone know what’s up? I thought Allie Trimm was supposed to come back, but maybe I’m wrong.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#837New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/2/23 at 12:35pm

Trimm is listed as the Glinda standby last night in the Playbill

bwayfan07
#838New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/13/23 at 12:44pm

Anyone have any idea what day they will celebrate 20 years? The 30th is a Monday. The week leading up to the 30th just went on sale. Not sure if I should wait or buy one for Saturday the 28.

mshalo18
#839New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/23 at 10:23am

bwayfan07 said: "Anyone have any idea what day they will celebrate 20 years? The 30th is a Monday. The week leading up to the 30th just went on sale. Not sure if I should wait or buy one for Saturday the 28."

I'm assuming a Monday night performance for the 20th anniversary. I'm holding off, because that's the show I want to attend- and I'm sure there will be something special going on. 

hearthemsing22
#840New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 3/20/23 at 10:33am

I've also been watching Ticketmaster very closely, but no idea when tickets will go on sale for the anniversary performance. I hope it's open to the public and not just friends of the production. 

Engineer Thuy
#841New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/5/23 at 12:40pm

Olivia Valli and Celia Hottenstein will lead the touring company beginning May 2

QueenTwinnied
#842New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/5/23 at 11:11pm

Thanks for the insight. I came here looking to ask if anyone knew who was replacing Lissa and Jennafer. Good to see Olivia back in Oz, hopefully I get to see her this summer. 

Call_me_jorge
#843New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/6/23 at 3:54pm

I wonder if Chelsea Cree Groen is possibly replacing Celia as the Glinda understudy on broadway. She recently left the wicked tour, it wouldn’t shock me.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Engineer Thuy
#844New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/6/23 at 5:36pm

I did some instagram search... Beka Burnham is taking over Celia's track

ElphabaGoodman
#845New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/6/23 at 5:37pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I wonder if Chelsea Cree Groen is possibly replacing Celia as the Glinda understudy on broadway. She recently left the wicked tour, it wouldn’t shock me."

Beka Burnham is replacing as the Glinda understudy on Broadway. 

hearthemsing22
#846New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/7/23 at 4:20pm

AC126748 said: "Kate Shindle is the only person who could get me back to the Gershwin. Let's hope it's true. And anyone who says it would shred her voice has obviously never heard her sing."

I'm sorry but..isn't she a little old for the role?

Call_me_jorge
#847New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/8/23 at 10:12am

hearthemsing22 said: "AC126748 said: "Kate Shindle is the only person who could get me back to the Gershwin. Let's hope it's true. And anyone who says it would shred her voice has obviously never heard her sing."

"

Even if Kate Shindle was too old for the role now, which she’s not, that rumor was posted nearly 12 years ago. 

hearthemsing22
#848New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/10/23 at 8:39am

Call_me_jorge said: "hearthemsing22 said: "AC126748 said: "Kate Shindle is the only person who could get me back to the Gershwin. Let's hope it's true. And anyone who says it would shred her voice has obviously never heard her sing."

"

Even if Kate Shindle was too old for the role now, which she’s not, that rumor was posted nearly 12years ago.
"

Okay then what do you believe is the age cap for the role?

Call_me_jorge
#849New WICKED Cast Replacements this month and next?
Posted: 4/10/23 at 1:32pm

I believe anyone in their mid forties can believably play elphaba, considering the green makeup assists in de-aging the actresses. 

Videos