pixeltracker

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread- Page 37

Official "Beauty & the Beast" Film Adaptation Thread

westendfanatic Profile Photo
westendfanatic
#900Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 9/30/16 at 4:15pm

does anybody know if this is the ligit gold dress shown at D23 last year or is it just fan art? if it is the one that they showed at D23, it isn't very mesmerising like it is in the animated version, neither is the beast's TALE AS OLD AS TIME coat.

Updated On: 9/30/16 at 04:15 PM

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#901Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 9/30/16 at 8:06pm

Well if it's fan art then it's from a fan with a very exact knowledge of The Beast's creature design...

Mrtrobz
#902Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 9/30/16 at 8:15pm

They're definitely legit,

jonahke
#904Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/1/16 at 2:30am

I love the way they animated the Beast, although I think his eyes look a little weird.

westendfanatic
#905Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/1/16 at 7:20am

"I love the way they animated the Beast, although I think his eyes look a little weird."

I think they look strange too because the beast's eyes are supposed to be the only human-like feature of him.

as far as the casting goes for this (except Ewan McGregor), i think they have really knocked it out of the park, but i think they need to poof-out more of Belle's gold dress a bit more to give us that whole WOW factor when the "Tale As Old As Time" music starts playing as she descends down the famous grand staircase and the beast's face doesn't look ferocious/menacing and beast-built/muscular enough. On the plus side, the more images/news reports we see/read regarding the movie, it is getting me even more excited. i'm intrigued on how the finished costume images of luke evans (because we have only seen the back of him so far), kevin kline and josh gad look like as gaston, maurice and lefou. I am so glad we got to see Dan as the prince as he looks absolutely perfect. 

Updated On: 10/1/16 at 07:20 AM

jonahke
#906Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:12am

I was looking around on YouTube and I found this video of Luke Evans doing a Gaston sing off with Hugh Jackman. It's a video from March, so sorry if it was already posted here.

I think Luke sounds great!

https://youtu.be/jTB0LjvKMwY

JennH
#907Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:33am

jonahke said: "I was looking around on YouTube and I found this video of Luke Evans doing a Gaston sing off with Hugh Jackman. It's a video from March, so sorry if it was already posted here.

"

This was a treat I didn't know I needed until now! Alright, he doesn't sound half bad at all!! And of course Hugh is almost taking taking it too seriously but still is my dear funny Hugh! 

I'm getting more and more stoked for this by the day y'all! 

westendfanatic
#908Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 10:33am

I loved this video as soon as i watched it. i am just hoping now that we will get to see the official cinema trailer before the release of Moana in November. fingers crossed it will be released on the official 25th anniversary of when the animated version was released back in 1991, which was November 13th/22nd. it states on the "imdb" website that the film has now been "completed" as a couple of weeks ago, the film was still in "post-production". we have only got 153 days / 5 months, 2 days left to go now. i know i am counting down the days.

somebody did post this on the fan tumblr page (taken from an instagram page)...

http://disneybeautyandthebeast.tumblr.com/image/151847907863

not sure if it is an official one yet. 

Updated On: 10/15/16 at 10:33 AM

jonahke
#909Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 5:38pm

That picture looks great. It's funny to see they gave the Beast a lion-tale instead of a wolf/dog-tale

westendfanatic
#910Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 5:59pm

if it is an official picture, i'm just gutted they didn't make Emma's gold dress more poofy and draped like the original animated version to give it that WOW factor when she walks down the staircase. They haven't really done much with her hair either looking at it.  

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#911Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 7:22pm

if it's real that picture is awesome.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

jo
#912Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 7:46pm

JennH said: "jonahke said: "I was looking around on YouTube and I found this video of Luke Evans doing a Gaston sing off with Hugh Jackman. It's a video from March, so sorry if it was already posted here.

"

This was a treat I didn't know I needed until now! Alright, he doesn't sound half bad at all!! And of course Hugh is almost taking taking it too seriously but still is my dear funny Hugh! 

I'm getting more and more stoked for this by the day y'all! 

"

Hugh sang that role in 1996!  That was 20 years ago!  I remember an anecdote that he shared when he was at the stagedoor ( it was his very first stage role). It seems that a few young girls (pre-teen) came over after the show asking for autographs. She handed her book to Hugh for his signature...then asked him which role he played.  When he replied that he was Gaston ( I guess he wore a lot of stage makeup and was not that recognizable at the stagedoor), she snatched her book right back. " You're bad!"

Re the Jonathan Ross clip -- Taron Egerton ( who was there with Hugh to promote EDDIE THE EAGLE) was a revelation!  Did you know that he won the Stephen Sondheim Society award for Best Performance  at  a competition held at RADA where Taron did his theatre course?

Back to Hugh -- have you seen NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3 ? There is a scene featuring Hugh singing the role of King Arthur in Camelot on stage, when he was interrupted by Lancelot looking for Guinevere.  Lancelot was played by Dan Stevens who is playing the Beast in this current film adaptation. 

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#913Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:23pm

Don't know if this has been discussed yet, but after all the hubub of adding new songs rather than using the numbers written for Broadway to fill out the score:

There is now only one single new song in the film; the Beast's solo. Alan Menken feels attached to the number, but its pace, placement, and length for the final cutare in flux. Having the number is also an opportunity for the Oscar. All the other songs are from the 1991 film. (I think that's pretty wise. It always seemed odd to include new songs rather than culling from cut Ashman/Menken material and the Rice/Menken Broadway numbers.) What audiences will see is going to be almost entirely familiar, which should please fans, even if it doesn't really justify the venture in any artistic sense. 

No, I do not have a linkable source. Take my word for it, or don't.

Updated On: 10/15/16 at 09:23 PM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#914Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:42pm

I thought he wrote 2-3 new songs? Did they not make the final cut? And is Human Again not in the film?

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#915Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 9:44pm

wow the hubbub said several new songs were written (3 or 4 i think), I'm surprised. As for the artistic venture, I'm just sad Home isn't included.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

broadwayguy91
#916Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 11:26pm

so Belle doesn't even get a new solo to replace "Home"? I understand not including A Change In Me, since the most famous incarnation of that piece is the version with the high belted note at the end, which maybe Emma Watson isn't able to do.. but Home, with a few key changes maybe, should be in her league vocally.

sigh. #executivemeddling

broadwayguy91
#917Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/15/16 at 11:26pm

so Belle doesn't even get a new solo to replace "Home"? I understand not including A Change In Me, since the most famous incarnation of that piece is the version with the high belted note at the end, which maybe Emma Watson isn't able to do.. but Home, with a few key changes maybe, should be in her league vocally.

sigh. #executivemeddling

jonahke
#918Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/16/16 at 2:44am

Someone posted a video of Alan Menken singing one of the new songs on Instagram.

http://beautyandthebeastmovienews.blogspot.be/2016/10/watch-alan-menken-performs-new-song.html

Princeton2
#919Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/16/16 at 4:41am

If these images of emma are legit the yellow dress is hugely underwhelming. Considering how ott cinderellas ballgown was they seem to have gone too far the other way. She also looks quite modern, it just doesnt seem to fit the fairytale look of everything else 

westendfanatic
#920Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/16/16 at 7:55am

Princeton2 said: "If these images of emma are legit the yellow dress is hugely underwhelming. Considering how ott cinderellas ballgown was they seem to have gone too far the other way. She also looks quite modern, it just doesnt seem to fit the fairytale look of everything else "

I could not agree more. Cinderella's dress was so WOW and magical. i cannot understand why they have decided to keep the iconic gold dress so subtle. this film has been so highly anticipated since last year (and the fact it isn't out until NEXT year), so people are/have been longing to see the dress as it is such a signature piece from the original animated film. at the moment, i am preferring artwork that fans are putting together of their versions of emma in the famous dress. they seem to have toned down the beast's look aswell. the beast from the original film was far more "ferocious". after watching an interview with Glen Keane from the 25th anniversary panel of the film with Robby Benson (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn4yjnIu2wE), he states that he took his inspiration (for the beast) from various species of different animals aka wolf, etc... i just don't see that with the following image for the new adaptation...

Beauty and the Beast 

westendfanatic
#921Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/18/16 at 6:11pm

brand new interview from Josh Gad about the film...

http://www.etonline.com/movies/200631_josh_gad_teases_live_action_beauty_and_the_beast_remake_it_going_to_blow_everybody_away/

I love the way he describes Dan's performance as the beast...

"Dan’s performance is just incredible,” Gad, 35, marveled. “[He] gives it a gravitas that I think just grounds the entire movie".

brian1973
#922Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/18/16 at 6:25pm

I have a few work colleagues who worked on this and they all said she can't sing, at all! 

Updated On: 10/18/16 at 06:25 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#923Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/18/16 at 7:36pm

brian1973 said: "I have a few work colleagues who worked on this and they all said she can't sing, at all! 

"

Oh ****.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#924Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/18/16 at 8:03pm

brian1973 said: "I have a few work colleagues who worked on this and they all said she can't sing, at all! 

She can't really act, either, so this casting is strange to me all around. 

EmeraldOzian
#925Beauty and the Beast
Posted: 10/18/16 at 8:07pm

They showed footage of her singing at a convention I attended a while back singing the Belle reprise, she sounded good from what I'd heard. Kind of similar to Lily James in Cinderella, not a trained belting soprano singer but a nice voice none the less.

perhaps her vocal range is a bit higher. At one point she was heavily rumored for Cosette in the Les Mis film.

Updated On: 10/18/16 at 08:07 PM

Videos