pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 37

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

mariel9 Profile Photo
mariel9
#900HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/19/17 at 12:00pm

I think it has to do with the magic of a company that rehearses and opens together vs not.

I think this is true, and we'll never get that back.

But, I saw the show last night and it was firing on all cylinders. I got chills during Yorktown and the last number and cried during Quiet Uptown almost like I did with the OBC. The last couple of times I saw it before last night, I definitely felt underwhelmed and a little disappointed (although I have to say that the audience ate it up). In retrospect, comparing those shows to last night, the difference is that there were a couple of cast members who just weren't up to par, and that really hurt the energy of the show.

I'm happy to say that James Monroe Iglehart is a fantastic Laf/Jeff. Jefferson is the one I found most lacking in the two disappointing shows. If he's not played well, it really hurts the energy and dramatic tension in Act 2. Lexi Lawson has grown into a wonderful Eliza. Syndee Winters was on last night as Angelica. She's doing solid work. She's not a stand out, but she's better than Mandy Gonzalez was when I saw her. Donald Webber Jr. was on for Javi, and I was blown away by him. He's got more of a Lin energy and actually reminded me of Lin's "eager puppy" vibe in Act 1. But he's a phenomenal actor and really made the role his own. I'll always prefer Leslie's tightly wound, restrained Burr, but BVD's looser, funnier Burr works really well. I thought I was done with Hamilton after the last two shows, but a friend really wanted to see JMI, and I'm glad I returned.

Updated On: 4/19/17 at 12:00 PM

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#901HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/19/17 at 1:11pm

Absolutely agree about Donald Webber.  He's dynamite, and I hope he has a great future with this role.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#902HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/19/17 at 3:14pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BS_SiJFD0ib/

Looks like Rua's time with the show is done! I assume the Ham alternates are now McFerrin and Webber. 

BroadwayConcierge
#903HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 4/26/17 at 3:24pm

For anybody going this week, Javi posted on his Instagram story that his injury is keeping him out for another week (through at least Sun, 4/30). Man, this injury has been really debilitating for him. Hoping he's back in action soon!

jordanturner
#904HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/18/17 at 9:46pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "For anybody going this week, Javi posted on his Instagram story that his injury is keeping him out for another week (through at least Sun, 4/30). Man, this injury has been really debilitating for him. Hoping he's back in action soon!"

We saw the matinee on 5/6 and Jevon McFerrin was our Hamilton. I was initially disappointed because I was so hoping to see Javier but...wow, Jevon was spectacular. I can't compare his Hamilton to Javier's, but being familiar with L-MM's, I can say that we thoroughly enjoyed Jevon's performance. His Hamilton was young, brash, cocky - everything you'd hope. His voice was superb as was his acting. Lexi Lawson and Mandy Gonzalez were wonderful, and Syndee WInters did a find job as Peggy/Maria - great voice as well. Nik Walker was our Aaron Burr and he was fantastic. Of course James Monroe Inglehart did not disappoint - very agile as Lafeyette, and funny as Jefferson.

I never got to see the OBC, but I was thrilled with the cast as it was. At no time was I wistful that an actor didn't meet my anticipation/expectation in the part.

If someone has seen both Javier and Jevon, I'd be interested in hearing what was similar/different.

Rainah
#905HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/18/17 at 11:25pm

I saw Jevon in the role and, imo, was not impressed with it. He wasn't bad, just adequate. He didn't bring anything truly transcendent to the role the way LMM did when I saw him. I've seen both bootlegs with Javi and I'm really keen to catch him live this summer

BroadwayConcierge
#906HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/18/17 at 11:29pm

I've now seen Lin-Manuel Miranda, Javier Muñoz, Jevon McFerrin, and Michael Luwoye as Alexander Hamilton.

For me, Luwoye was the most "transcendent" in the role of them all. He was absolutely beyond sensational. Lin follows him very, very closely, and then McFerrin and Javi are tied. They're both fine, in my opinion, but neither delivered anything overly special like Luwoye or Miranda did, for me at least.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#907HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/18/17 at 11:40pm

Any idea if Javier and Lexi will be renewing their contracts, assuming they had a year? 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#908HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 9:52am

Call_me_jorge said: "Any idea if Javier and Lexi will be renewing their contracts, assuming they had a year? 

"

You know, I was wondering about Javier. I saw him in the role in January right before his injury flared up and he has had such a rough go of it ever since. I wonder if the producers wouldn't renew his contract.

neonlightsxo
#909HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 9:59am

That would be discrimination. So I don't see it happening that way.

BroadwayConcierge
#910HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 10:13am

Yeah, it definitely wouldn't be a decision coming from the producers (because that's illegal), but I really can't see Javi extending at all. He's been out of the show so much these past few months, and I can't imagine he intends to exert himself any longer than necessary.

Babe_Williams
#911HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 2:56pm

neonlightsxo said: "That would be discrimination. So I don't see it happening that way.

"

I have zero knowledge of how these contracts work, is it the actors option to extend them, or do the producers have any say in it?

Rainah
#912HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 5:22pm

Javi's been injured badly and is still trying to deal with it. Plus a demanding show, plus he's been involved for the longest of the remaining cast- from the first inception. I can't see him extending. 

ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#913HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/19/17 at 9:24pm

Any idea what kind of injury it is? Dude did the show through preparing for chemo, so for this to knock him out of the show like that, I am concerned. 

Rainah
#914HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/28/17 at 4:59pm

Anyone know Javi's current schedule? I know it's quite erratic because of his injury, just curious what it's supposed to be. I think last I heard he was out tuesdays and sundays? 

Trying to plan a trip to NYC, would love to see him in the role

toofunktastic2
#915HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/28/17 at 6:07pm

Rainah said: "Anyone know Javi's current schedule? I know it's quite erratic because of his injury, just curious what it's supposed to be. I think last I heard he was out tuesdays and sundays? 

"

I've most frequently seen Wednesday mat and Sundays, but not 100% sure. 

Babe_Williams
#916HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 5/28/17 at 6:22pm

Rainah said: "Anyone know Javi's current schedule? I know it's quite erratic because of his injury, just curious what it's supposed to be. I think last I heard he was out tuesdays and sundays? 

"

I would tweet at him and ask. I have noticed he sometimes responds to tweets that are in response to his. 

Updated On: 5/28/17 at 06:22 PM

BroadwayConcierge
#917HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/2/17 at 5:16pm

Finally got back to the show recently, and I don't have much new to add about the replacement cast (I gave a longer review when I saw a number of them last fall). BDJ is a hilarious King, and though I was a little let down by Iglehart's Laf/Jef (I was just expecting more), he's fine in the role.

...one thing I have to say: I LOVED Anthony Lee Medina as Laurens/Philip!!! Of course, I loved Anthony Ramos and thought Jordan Fisher was sensational, but Medina maybe takes the cake of all three of them for me. I adored him in the role and think he has incredible talent.

BroadwayConcierge
#918HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/15/17 at 9:00pm

Any scoop yet on upcoming cast members? July is right around the corner...

Ahmy
#919HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/16/17 at 12:08am

BroadwayConcierge said: "Any scoop yet on upcoming cast members? July is right around the corner...

"

I saw on Twitter a few days ago that Eddy Lee is going to join the ensemble in the Broadway production. No details on start date or who will be leaving the show, though.

QueenTwinnied
#920HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/16/17 at 12:15pm

I was wondering the same thing. I'm seeing Hamilton for the first time in August and I really want to see Mandy, Lexi, Javier, and Brian. Hopefully they'll still be with the show in two months time.

BroadwayConcierge
ChairinMain Profile Photo
ChairinMain
#922HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/26/17 at 1:04pm

Or they're letting her out of her contract for two weeks to take a lucrative gig. Doesn't necessarily mean she's leaving. 

MissLori2
#923HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 6/28/17 at 3:04pm

Coming in from out of town, and I have tickets to see the show July 3rd.  Is Javi back? Who should I expect to see in the pricipal roles? Soooo excited!!

BroadwayConcierge
#924HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 7/7/17 at 1:28pm

Is BDJ leaving the show soon-ish?

I ask, per Oak's caption: https://instagram.com/p/BWQLH0zlwJQ/

Videos