pixeltracker

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles- Page 4

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift & Amanda Seyfried Offered Roles

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#75LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 10:57am

You know she looks a whole lot better without all that heavy modern eye makeup.

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#76LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:24am

Anyone see Kate Shindle's twitter?
Kate Shindle:
Oh, come on, it's EPONINE. On a scale zero to Bella Swan, it's about a 5 in difficulty. She'll be fine!

I think she has a point. Eponine is a SMALLER part. I'm hoping that the director gets her to actually act. The singing I'm not too worried about. Their gonna auto tune it anyway so as long as she does not turn it into some country crap (which I'm sure they stop if it gets to that point) and sings the song well and learns how to act I think it will be fine.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#77LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:28am

It's about a 5 in difficulty.

I'm glad Kate's not playing the part.

It's a Tony-winning role. Just because there have been an endless stream of whiny tweeners playing this part and singing those songs for 25 years doesn't mean there isn't more to it than that.

Such wisdom.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the same thing could be said about all the "twactors" who have been mugging and whining their way through Elphie and Gerlinda for years now, not having a clue that they're actually good roles.

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 11:28 AM

PitPro2004 Profile Photo
PitPro2004
#78LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:33am

"It's a Tony-winning role. Just because there have been an endless stream of whiny tweeners playing this part and singing those songs for 25 years doesn't mean there's more to it than that."

Well said.

And for the record, the idea of autotune just makes me puke.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium!"

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#79LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:36am

I have no idea why this girl is famous but the movie might actually get some people in the seats. It's fairly boring so hopefully this will beef it up. I wonder if there will be a new song and for whom? Sigfried is pretty expected. The whole movie will be mega-autotuned.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clg5Bn0zGOQ

beautywickedlover
#80LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:38am

MTV posted a photo of what Taylor might look like as Eponine.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1676711/taylor-swift-les-miserables.jhtml

Updated On: 1/4/12 at 11:38 AM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#81LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:38am

What's with the red Judy Garland lips?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#82LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:41am

It's cold out there so her lips are all chapped.

finebydesign
fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#84LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:41am

I just want to put it out there I do NOT think Eponine is an easy role. I was just stating that I think I'm going to hold reservation's till I see the movie. But...I'm not holding my breath.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

JP2 Profile Photo
JP2
#85LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:45am

Is it silly of me to hold out hope that a reputable site like Deadline or THR will announce that this is all false.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#86LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:46am

Just look at her record sales and you'll feel better.

finebydesign
#87LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:48am

The real acting here will be whether or not she can make that song seem compelling when she's singing about dog-faced Eddie Redmayne.

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#88LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:49am

"It's a Tony-winning role. Just because there have been an endless stream of whiny tweeners playing this part and singing those songs for 25 years doesn't mean there's more to it than that."

There will have to be some strong direction on Hooper's part, but I wouldn't expect a complete trainwreck. I mean, if Eponine was a songwriter, she'd be Taylor Swift. As long as she can read a line naturally, at worst, she won't distract or detract from the rest of the film.

EDIT: And glass half full, we might get another Jennifer Hudson situation, seeing as Taylor is at least as similar to Eponine as Jennifer was to Effie. Updated On: 1/4/12 at 11:49 AM

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#89LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 11:49am

I frankly think the idea of all star casting as a real box office draw is a total crap shoot - for every "Valentine's Day" ($110M) there is a "New Year's Eve" ($47M) and these stars come with expensive salaries. If all these casting rumors are true, you could be looking at what is shaping up to be a $150 million dollar production; I'm not sure even Harvey Weinstein could turn a movie of LES MIZ into a box office grosser of that magnitude.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#90LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:01pm

^ I agree, MB.

Not to mention when you cast music stars you have record labels to deal with. They have "exclusive" contracts and have to be paid well or paid off. It gets very complicated behind the scenes.

Even Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas couldn't appear on the soundtrack for the film because of her recording contract. Same with Ethel Merman and Call Me Madam. It get's tricky, and sometimes, people won't budge.

I personally hate it when someone incredibly famous (Taylor, at the moment) is cast in something like this, because it's jarring. It will pull everybody right out of the movie. And with a supporting role, you don't have long to win over an audience and pull them into the character and the story again. She has her work cut out for her. The best thing they could do is make her virtually unrecognizable in the role. Take al her makeup off and give her dark hair. Let the movie audience "discover" her in the part, rather than drawing attention to "Taylor Swift" in the role.

Of course they cast her (if It's true!) exactly for that reason. To draw attention.

It's a losing situation, I think.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#91LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:04pm

To me the all star casting on a project like this just indicates a lack of trust in the commercial appeal of the material, which in the case of LES MIZ might be justifiable. The film really should have been made 15 years ago when the musical was at its height of popularity.

SporkGoddess
#92LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:11pm

Of COURSE Kate Shindle thinks it's easy. If I could sing like Kate Shindle, vocally it'd be an easy role for me too. If Taylor Swift could sing like Kate Shindle, I wouldn't be worried.

I do like Taylor Swift's voice, actually. But not for Eponine. I don't like Amanda Seyfried's voice, either, it's very thin and fluttery. I don't get how Tom Hooper could make this decision when the casting call said "strong soprano is a must."

Add me to the list of people hoping this is fake.

Jimmy, what are you doing here in the middle of the night? It's almost 9 PM!

beautywickedlover
#93LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:14pm

Here's Swift song for the 'Hunger Games' soundtrack, it's VERY DIFFERENT from what she usually sings. So, she's not just Country-Pop.

http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/12/23/hunger-games-taylor-swift-safe-sound/

Joviedamian
#94LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:19pm

As I am also sadden by this news... I will not judge completely until the movie or clips are released.

But, we have to put on our producers hat. Why were these two offered roles? Simple--the same reason John Travolta was offered Edna in the Hairspray movie. The majority of their investors are most likely (not saying they are) oversea investors that had a popularity in a certain actor(even if the actor is not amazing/right for the role or the public has a pissing contest over it),therefore it makes the most perfect financial/creative sense. Movies are to entertain, but overall to make money. Bottom-line, whatever brings in the money. If the producers and investors felt that somewhere along the line that these two will sell tickets (beyond the already mentioned cast), then they have done their job. Also, if the producers want their movie to be made, then sometimes in order to get funding, sometimes you have to go down a path that is not always the best.

The only way this will backfire is if the public simply does not buy tickets to see the film (which I highly doubt that will happen).

finebydesign
#95LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:22pm

"just indicates a lack of trust in the commercial appeal of the material, which in the case of LES MIZ might be justifiable. The film really should have been made 15 years ago when the musical was at its height of popularity."

Well I'm not sure there was commercial appeal 15 years ago for a musical. There certainly wasn't for the subject matter. The Claire Dane's film came out about that time and made no money. It really has to be tarted up to be justifiable, movie companies are not in the business to lose money. And even then is has to be watchable and Les Mis is heavy melodrama.

I hate Taylor Swift (as a singer/her crap songs) but I find her way more interesting than Lea Michelle who would make a boring film even more boring. So far Taylor Swift has been the only bit of "original" casting here.

latitudex1 Profile Photo
latitudex1
#96LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:23pm

"But not for Eponine. I don't like Amanda Seyfried's voice, either, it's very thin and fluttery. I don't get how Tom Hooper could make this decision when the casting call said "strong soprano is a must."

*Shrugs* Who knows. Maybe they meant strong as in capable, and not strong as in spinto.

But, for me, Seyfried's voice invokes youth, naivety, and inexperience. Elements they might be looking to bring out in this character. Or they just cast her because of her name.

masterwolfie
#97LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:28pm

That Hunger Games song seemed like Country pop to me imo. Let's listen to her sing the American national anthem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elCh6LgJUaM

or something from West Side Story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYomEJOSoo

LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette                                         LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette                                         LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette                                         LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette                                         Wouldn't Lea Michele also have attracted the teeny boppers?

finebydesign
#98LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:36pm

"teeny boppers" Not as many as Swift. Glee isn't "cool."

Brick
#99LES MIS Cast Complete - Taylor Swift is Eponine/ Amanda Seyfried is Cosette
Posted: 1/4/12 at 12:39pm

It's called money, people. And that is what Hollywood's first concerns are, protecting that huge budget by getting in every possible demographic. No one else in that cast would draw young women. Hence, Swift.

But yes, terrible choice.

Videos