News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

& JULIET On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 4

& JULIET On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#75& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/12/22 at 10:36am

Wayman_Wong said: "I disagree. I like British performers to get a chance to play Broadway, and American ones to get a chance to play the West End. Sharon D. Clarke got to reprise her Olivier Award-winning performance in ''Caroline, or Change,'' and Sutton Foster got to reprise her Tony-winning role in ''Anything Goes'' in London."

There are so many actors in London that deserve to play on broadway! Rosalie Craig and Carrie Hope Fletcher definitely need to perform on Broadway! I wish Elaine Paige had more opportunities to perform on Broadway when she was in her prime! AEA needs to be more reasonable with bringing talent over from London!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

MikeT73 Profile Photo
MikeT73
#76& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/12/22 at 6:43pm

Its weird why there is no official & Juliet website for the Broadway production - anyone seen it?

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#78& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 7/13/22 at 10:07am

Tickets are officially on sale, and they're using a platform called Criterion Ticketing:

https://criterionticketing.com/and-juliet

Lauren2
#79& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/1/22 at 10:44am

I would have loved to see Jordan Luke Gage come over as well! But hey I will take him in any show on Broadway! 

Lauren2
#80& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/1/22 at 10:51am

I wish some of the British cast of & Juliet and Back To The Future would come over but it seems unlikely! That’s disappointing about Romeo because the replacement I saw in the West End was fantastic! But yea I talked with some of the Back To The Future actors and it doesn’t seem anyone is coming over maybe Roger Bart although I don’t love him in that role. But they got to cast Marty correctly because they can really **** up that role and Olly does it perfectly.  

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#81& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/1/22 at 11:15am

TodayTix and Criterion are both selling tickets. The latter being 4 dollars cheaper (due to fees). 

forfivemoreminutes
#82& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/1/22 at 1:00pm

The rest of the Toronto run is completely sold out except for a few single seats on the weekends. All weekday performances are completely sold out.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#83& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/14/22 at 2:13pm

Today is the final performance in Toronto. The cast will be recording a cast album in a couple of weeks, according to a cast member.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#84& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/14/22 at 2:34pm

But why, when they haven’t changed any of the material since the West End premiere?

For instance, I keep wishing they would cut “Since U Been Gone” and insert “U + Ur Hand” in that moment. It would give the chance for Juliet to lash out at Romeo instead of just playfully tease him.

Oh look, a bibu!

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#85& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/15/22 at 2:27pm

NOT usually a fan of jukebox musicals but like the fact that there was such a variety for them to pick from there seemed less "shoehorning in" of hits and rather chose songs that actually worked.

Also usually dislike projections but these worked well.  Don't think the book is as bad as everyone thinks but they have a problem after Juliet's 11 o'clock number- too many folks think its over and stand for  an ovation and others are running up the aisle to miss traffic! Just interrupts the flow.

Agree w just about everything you said Tag so wont repeat...Did like the little throwaway of Benvolio  by Tiernan Tunnicliffe. 

To quote- A hit- a palpable hit" for Broadway.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#86& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/22/22 at 8:53pm

They started recording their cast album today. 

Here’s Lorna Courtney, who plays Juliet:

https://instagram.com/stories/lornaacourtney/2910699333965879424?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14
#87& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/26/22 at 12:10pm

New Trailer  https://youtu.be/OdSSfa1Oz5w (won’t embed)

Updated On: 8/26/22 at 12:10 PM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#88& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/26/22 at 12:49pm

Looks amazing. Love. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#89& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 8/26/22 at 1:05pm

I keep hearing the West End cast in my head for some reason. 
Regardless, this looks bright and colorful. Lorna looks so cute! 

Oh look, a bibu!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#90& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 9/7/22 at 1:26am

They just dropped "Roar" as a single on Spotify.
https://open.spotify.com/album/0wEN8TqULxad5bpNs7vBis?si=BKp9Yv4JTnyDrl4cynqJnQ
(let's see if that link works...)

And they'll be performing on America's Got Talent tonight (Wednesday) at 8pm.

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#91& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 9/7/22 at 2:11am

According to iTunes, the album will drop on the same day as first preview (October 28th). 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#92& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 9/7/22 at 2:32pm

Is there signage up

jacobsnchz14
#93& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/6/22 at 2:45pm

WEST END PRODUCTION ANNOUNCES CLOSING

After an incredible 3.5 years in the West End, & Juliet will play its final performance at the Shaftesbury Theatre on Saturday 25 March 2023.

Since we first opened at the Manchester Opera House, we have been so lucky to have the most incredible audiences, playing to nightly standing ovations.

Huge thanks to our magnificent company and creative team, and to all who are part of the & Juliet family.

New productions have been announced for the Stephen Sondheim Theatre in New York and the Regent Theatre in Melbourne, and a UK Tour and European production will also be announced soon.

Thank you to our audiences for your support - we look forward to seeing you again before we party out on 25 March!

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#94& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/6/22 at 2:57pm

Not including the COVID shutdown, that’s a 22-month run at the Shaftesbury. Not bad. 

Oh look, a bibu!

dkonbroadway2
#95& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/7/22 at 10:40am

Accidentally purchased 2 tickets for & Juliet for the wrong date.

Looking to sell them. November 1, 2022 @ 8pm. Center Orchestra. I paid $$$, but willing to sell for less.

Feel free to message, if interested.

kylegfil_
#96& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/7/22 at 5:14pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "But why, when they haven’t changed any of the material since the West End premiere?

For instance, I keep wishing they would cut “Since U Been Gone” and insert “U + Ur Hand” in that moment. It would give the chance for Juliet to lash out at Romeo instead of just playfully tease him.
"

Since U Been Gone is:

1. One of the best moments in the show.

2. One of the crown jewels of Max Martin's catalogue - arguably one of his biggest hits ever.

3. The only representation of Clarkson's work in the show - there's already another P!nk song.

So I'll just say I disagree :)

Can't wait to see this show here.  LOVED it in London.

KevinKlawitter
HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#98& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/10/22 at 9:30am

KevinKlawitter said: "Full Broadway cast announced"

Wow so many debuts!!! Love to see it, congrats to all. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#99& JULIET teases Broadway transfer announcement?
Posted: 10/10/22 at 12:47pm

This is the entire Toronto cast with one exception: Megan Kane replaces Katy Geraghty (who is working on Into the Woods).

Oh look, a bibu!

Videos