Britney on Broadway...

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#75re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:09pm

Maureen requires a lot more voice than Charity does.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

Hanna from Hamburg Profile Photo
Hanna from Hamburg
#76re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:09pm

Thing is, it would end up being JUST stunt casting. It would cause a spike in tickets, but ultimately, it wouldn't create the long-range interest to make it into "Chicago." People keep coming back to "Chicago" because it's a wonderful show that has been perfectly revived. That's not the case with "Charity" and as soon as Britney leaves, unless they have someone else that big, the box office will crash. I can't believe that the Weisslers don't see that.

". . . POP . . ."

kas Profile Photo
kas
#77re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:10pm

ah, i'm so sad just reading this. i have no words. she's just ....... well,... a crappy singer.

xrent_headx Profile Photo
xrent_headx
#78re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:10pm

i no that when most of us read about Britney coming on broadway we all died a bit inside, but hey we also get Kevin Federline, THE NEW FAKE RAPPER , oh dear , do me a favour and kill me now !

- I might be smart - No day but today

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#79re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:11pm

I would actually be MORE pissed about Kevin being a dancer in the show.

Ofcourse they don't care if he can sing or not. Can he? The ensemble parts for Charity are actually not that easy.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#80re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:12pm

So why do they keep bringing in stars for CHICAGO?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Hanna from Hamburg
#81re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:16pm

I think they do it because the public keeps forgetting about CHICAGO and how good it is. The stars are just the carrot in front of the horse's nose.

". . . POP . . ."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#82re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:18pm

Perhaps they don't see CHARITY as a long-runner like CHICAGO, and they want to put a huge star in to pull in tons of money before they close it.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#83re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:21pm

CHICAGO dosen't always have a star in it. From now throughout 06 is probally the most stunt casting they have done for CHICAGO in a while.

Thankfully they don't stunt cast Velma.

jimmirae Profile Photo
jimmirae
#84re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:23pm

Janet Jackson could actually do the role, and well!

"It is bad enough that people are dying of AIDS, but no one should die of ignorance." - Elizabeth Taylor

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#85re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:25pm

1) I doubt she'd agree to do all eight performances a week. She may forego the matinees.

2) Singing? We need not worry. She'll record the tracks in the studio and lip synch the whole show.

3) I SMELL CD RE-RELEASE...again.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

Hanna from Hamburg
#86re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:25pm

They have, and it was a disaster! I saw Sharon Lawrence and she wasn't very good in the role. I also can't imagine Vicki Lewis being very good, but I didn't see her.

". . . POP . . ."

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#87re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:26pm

Sharon Lawrence isn't stunt casting. Check out her IBDB listing. She was doing shows for the Weisslers long before she ever hit your TV screen.

As far as Britney not doing 8 shows a week - she has been doing concert tours since she was 15 years old. I don't think an eight show a week schedule would be a problem for her.

Updated On: 11/18/05 at 05:26 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#88re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:28pm

^ Exactly, Rath.

They never had a "big" name for Velma.

DefyingPopular
#89re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:34pm

Much better than the idea of her being Elphaba!

I think she'd be great as Charity actually... i'm actually for this! I mean Charity isn't exactly supposed to have the greatest voice, and Spears can dance... She was on Bway in 'Ruthless' or something back in the early 90's... or maybe it was offbway, regardless, this isn't that horrible!

Mini_Mimi17
#90re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:36pm

one word to descride this....NOO PLZ GOD NOO hahah! Wow this is shocking

"You wanna prowl? Be my night owl, well take my hand were gonna howlll...OUT TONIGHT!"-Daphne Rubin Vega the BEST Mimi ever!

peach
#91re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:37pm

I don't think eight shows a week would be a problem for Britney. She does that on tour and whatnot. She's used to that.

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#92re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:43pm

Now, I love Britney. But if this isn't selling out, I don't know what is. I guess the role of Charity could kind of fit Britney's personality, if she was about 20 years older. She seems very driven though, and I'm betting she wouldn't have a problem with the eight performance a week schedule. HOWEVER, this can't possibly lead to anything good for the show or for Broadway. Maybe she'll sell tickets, but she could also very well diminish Broadway's reputation.

Chances are, it'll never happen. There's a new Charity every week, you know?

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#93re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:47pm

I think Madonna is A LOT more appropiate for the role. Though she probally lacks the proper charm for the role.

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#94re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:49pm

Oh my God...

Thank God I'm seeing this show on December 9th before Cristina leaves...

Who knws. Maybe I'll run into her at the show, an try to clear up the dirty rumors.

But if this is true, it's time to make a return visit...

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#95re: Britney on Broadway...

Even roles where Madonna is basically playing herself (including that guest spot on Will and Grace), she's embarrassingly awful. She was great in Desperately Seeking Susan and A League of Their Own, but after that, she began to try to act, instead of just being.

The Distinctive Baritone Profile Photo
The Distinctive Baritone
#96re: Britney on Broadway...

OH MY F***ING GOD.

If this happens, I will be VERY depressed about the state of Broadway theater. I'm so pissed off right now I can't even describe it. This had better just be a rumor.

FOAnatic Profile Photo
FOAnatic
#97re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:51pm

I think we're overlooking the CD sales of the most definite re-release of the OBCR if this happens.

The profit will fund the Weisslers' productions for the next 30 years.

"I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about." - Oscar Wilde

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#98re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:53pm

This is NOT a rumor. It was being said a big Charity announcement would be made today. And this is it. And someone here stated Britney was at the theatre last night, and all the articles are saying she was. There ia also a big rumor the show will move to the Hilton,and with Britney I can see why.

I hardly think this would ruin the state of Broadway. I think people would appreciate Applegate more.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 05:53 PM

ihearttheatre
#99re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:54pm

"Britney" and "Broadway" should never be in the same sentence.
ew, just EWWW!

*shudders at the very thought of her trying to "act"*

Videos