News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!- Page 4

May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!

Galinda4
#75re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 5:06pm

Not sure if this has been posted or not so just in case it hasn't...

http://thehistoryboysmovie.co.uk/

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#76re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 5:33pm

Thanks so much, Galinda...this will be fun to peruse!

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

Paulyd Profile Photo
Paulyd
#77re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 6:08pm

I love this play.I saw it on its original run here in London, and i saw it again when i came to New York in the summer. I'm so glad that its been such a hit over there. I wasnt too sure how audiences would take it.

It opens here on Oct 13th, so i'll let you know what its like.
I cant wait

alliez92092 Profile Photo
alliez92092
#78re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 6:16pm

Gahhh, I'm so excited!

WiiCKED x3
#79re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 6:47pm

Ahh! I'm so excited!

Mattbrain
#80re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 7:12pm

Must....see....History...Boys...minute...it...comes...out!

Must...root...for...possible...Oscar...nominations!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#81re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 7:25pm

I have my doubts about them doing much of anything at the Oscars, but I think they may have a decent shot at some Golden Globe nominations in the Musical/Comedy categories!

With each new tidbit that comes out, I'm getting more and more excited (if that's possible!).

But when did New Hampshire become--Such a backward wasteland of seatbelt hating crazies?...I mean, only 40 people actually live there. The others are just visitors who come for the tax-free liquor and three inches of novelty coastline. John Hodgeman on The Daily Show (1-30-07)

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#83re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 9:47pm

Wow, I had no idea this was being made into a movie. I haven't seen it on broadway, I'm excited!

OnMyWay Profile Photo
OnMyWay
#84re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/21/06 at 11:09pm

Yes, it is Sam A break dancing. He's pretty incredible.

"I sorta think that might be the explanation for Lockwood's tennis shoes? mayyybe?"

Haha I remember bringing that up.

"People that excel in the arts understand that the journey is the reward...the result an added bonus. Every day I act or train is a blessing and a dream come true. If Broadway beckons so be it. I have a personal definition of success that is unshakable by a possibly unobtainable goal." -HamletWasBipolar
Updated On: 9/21/06 at 11:09 PM

Jovie24 Profile Photo
Jovie24
#85re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 1:46am

I saw this trailer like 2 months ago..I can not wait...

"Now the best way to learn the theater, always, is to be a stage manager" -Stephen Sondheim

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#86re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 6:48pm

Hey, they took the video clips off the website! I'm glad I watched them this morning, but I was going to show them to a friend this evening. re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER! I hope they end up back up there again, at some point.

Though, they did add the soundtrack info:

1. Gracie Fields-Wish Me Luck...
2. New Order-Blue Monday
3. The Smiths-This Charming Man
4. Samuel Barnett & Richard Sisson-L'Accordeoniste
5. The Clash-Mustapha Dance
6. Samuel Barnett & Richard Sisson-Bewitched...
7. Echo & The Bunnymen-Newve Stop
8. The Cure-A Forest
9. Pigbag-Papa's Got a Brand New Pigbag
10.The History Boys & Richard Sisson-Bye Bye Blackbird
11.Rufus Wainwright-Bewitched...
12.The Beat-Can't Get Used to Losing You
13.Aztec Camera-Walk Out to Winter
14.The Pretenders-2000 Miles

My initial question looking at this list: why no Jamie Parker on L'Accordeoniste and Bewitched? And it's kind of interesting to see that none of the 80s songs that are used in scene transitions in the stage version are being used in the film.

Guess that's it...I really hope those videos come back up. They were pretty damn amusing!

Updated On: 9/22/06 at 06:48 PM

The Stars R Aligned
#87re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:08pm

kay 3 questions

1. is it going to be showing in Theatres in America?
2. will it be starring all of the original cast
3. WHEN IS IT COMING OUT IN AMERICA?!?!

"Let me see some smiles... Not that phony 'sell-smile.' I want to see that 'I-love-to-dance-smile.'"-Larry, A Chorus Line My bumper sticker in 2100-DISCO STILL CONFUSES ME!!!! Oh by the way, Mr. Green called, he said "Get a CLUE!" Megan-And what about that wierd purple thing on happy meals Me-Grimmace or whatever the heck his name is. Megan-Yeah Me-What is he supposed to be anyways? Megan- I dont know I always thought he was Ronald McDonald's big stupid purple pet or the Hamburgler's hairball

mabel Profile Photo
mabel
#88re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 7:16pm

Yes, it's the original cast (plus a few more folks) and it's set to be released in the States on November 22nd (though, who knows how wide that will be).

smashingasian
#89re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 10:06pm

How exciting! I really can't wait for this movie to come out! Hmph the soundtrack isn't available on amazon.com yet... I should ask my dad to pre-order it for me.

I was lucky enough to get tickets for the closing show! I'm counting down the days.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#90re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/22/06 at 10:10pm

I honestly can't see them faring very well at the Oscars...

That's not to say it won't be worthy, but I just don't see it.

It looks very...made for TV-like. We'll see.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#91re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/28/06 at 8:12pm

Actually, EW picked it as one of their top-Oscar contenders

AND NOW FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE: THE AMERICAN TRAILER (sans music- strangely)

http://www.vh1.com/movies/movie/281307/trailers.jhtml

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

shesamarshmallow
#92re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/28/06 at 8:20pm

Wow, watching trailers without music is bizarre.

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#93re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 9/28/06 at 9:59pm

haha- yup. I'm still looking for one with music. Apparently though, it has been running with "Flyboys" this past weekend.

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#94re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 10/5/06 at 10:57am

THE HISTORY BOYS will not fare well with American movie-goers. It's too smart. American mainstream movie-goers are generally stupid. They go to the movies for "entertainment", which usually includes people killing other people, or the latest DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR?-esque flick. Mainstream American movie-goers do NOT go to the movies to THINK.

It will perhaps get an Oscar nomination for Best Screenplay, in the same way THE SQUID & THE WHALE did last year. But given the fact that in order for a film to rack up Oscar nominations, it must have been a "hit" at the box office, I doubt this will receive much awards recognition.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 10/5/06 at 10:57 AM

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#95re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:19pm

The History Boys trailer most certainly was running with "Flyboys" when I saw it...it made me very happy

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

JACXR71 Profile Photo
JACXR71
#96re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:27pm

Does the preview (on the vh1 site) not play for anyone else? The link works, but there's nothing in the space where the video should be...

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and just forget the world?

algy Profile Photo
algy
#97re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 10/5/06 at 1:37pm

My sister saw the film last night, but I still haven't had a chance to find out how it was!

Galinda4
#98re: May I Present to you... THE HISTORY BOYS TRAILER!
Posted: 10/10/06 at 1:10pm

I saw the film a few days ago and it is brilliant! Definitely worth the wait! Has a few slight changes but won't say too much as don't want to ruin it for you all.

Here is a link to some interviews Richard, Nick & The Boys have done for Film 2006 (a program on the BBC):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/films/film2006/video_history.shtml

Videos