pixeltracker

Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th- Page 4

Xanadu now closing this Sunday, Sept. 28th

Theatreboy49 Profile Photo
Theatreboy49
#75Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:27pm

I think its wrong to have the closing show without Kerry performing. That is a shame if she doesnt get to close out her wonderful run. I feel bad they moved it up and just cant wait to see it when it comes her to chicago.

<------ Me and my friends with patti Lupone at my friends afterparty for her concert with audra mcdonald during the summer of 2007.
"I am sorry but it is an unjust world and virtue is only triumphant in theatricle performances" The Mikado

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#76Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:33pm

Mezzanine Seats at the Helen Hayes are GREAT!

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

AntonEgo
#77Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:36pm

LePetiteFromage- I don't think he was being sarcastic.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:37pm

Updated On: 5/1/09 at 05:37 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#79Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:39pm

I think that the producers did a great disservice to the fans of the show... especially to the die hard FaNaDuS. I met one of those die hard fans, Crazy Alison when I saw the show in June 2008. She likes the specific onstage seat where she can get popcorn from the Muses. from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

fanadu1996
#80Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:42pm

Kerry is in ALL weekend.
now run and buy your tickets!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#81Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:45pm

So...Is anyone else going tomorrow night like me? :) Yeah, I know, it's not Sunday, but at least I'm getting to see one of the last performances, and I feel very very gratful that I can go a second time.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Ed_Mottershead
#82Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 5:49pm

I was lucky enough to nab an orchestra seat for Sunday's performance. Not a very good seat, but at least I'll be in the theatre. Telecharge has been most cooperative through all of this, at least as far as I go.

BroadwayEd

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#83Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:02pm

Yeah, Sunday at 3pm just doesn't work for me, regardless of the closing date. So I will just have fun tomorrow instead.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#84Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:05pm

Guess this is why we LOVE Kerry !!! Looks like she WILL be doing the last few shows.

YAY !!!

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#85Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:06pm

Nevermind about my Sat ticket Not fair not fair not fair!

I Got Sun. 28th Ticket FOR THE FINAL PERFORMENCE, I didn't know Telecharge let you change your ticket even after you print it out to another day. I even got a greater seat.

1 Ticket, Left Orchestra Row K seats 9

A PLACE, WHERE NOBODY DARED TO GO!!

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#86Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:10pm

<< I think its wrong to have the closing show without Kerry performing. That is a shame if she doesnt get to close out her wonderful run. I feel bad they moved it up and just cant wait to see it when it comes her to chicago. >>

She is trying her best to be there for the remaining shows.

Hope so !!!!

A Director
#87Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:16pm

I think the [tos] folks had a hand in closing Xanadu early.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#88Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:23pm

^ Sadly that was my first thought when I heard about this. The one light in that scenario is they will HAVE to have a close-ended run ending when 2econd Stage takes over, or move theatres yet again.

This definitely cements that I will not be at the closing performance as I've had tickets for the closing performance of Ace since they went on sale. I'll be with y'all in spirit though.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

coolkid11776
#89Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:23pm

What would TOS have to do with Xanadu closing?

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#90Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:26pm

The Hayes is the smallest theatre on Brodaway coolkid. Do the math...

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#91Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:28pm

Would [tos] be expensive to move to the Helen Hayes?

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#92Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:32pm

Probably. Doesn't mean they might not try.

I mean, I know nothing about it (and really don't care to) but the whole refusal to admit it's closing (petitions for television shows (where things are planned pretty far in advance usually) and all that just reinforce this...along with all the "fight" and "believe" messages going around made a possible move the FIRST thing that popped into my head when I saw the now-deleted thread about Xanadu's change of closing.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#93Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:36pm

That would be sort of horrible and sneaky. Mostly because I know a lot of people on here have bought final night tickets for that too. If it suddenly moved to the Helen Hayes Theater for an extension, I know a lot of people are going to be mad. It wouldn't just be like Rent where the new closing date was known, and people could switch their tickets.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#94Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:37pm

Right. Not to mention the multitude of Xanadu fans who would be royally ticked at them. It would be like 900+ people's LEAST favorite thing.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#95Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 6:49pm

Here is all of stats I came up with:

Lyceum to Helen Hayes Location Map:
Not fair not fair not fair!

[tos] to Xanadu gross (this week):
Switching now would only bring them to about 50% capacity.

[tos] best week gross:
If they can pull that off most of time it would bring them to about 75% at the Helen Hayes.

Updated On: 9/23/08 at 06:49 PM

bschneid76 Profile Photo
bschneid76
#96Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:19pm

Fortunately Telecharge could switch my ticket. I get to see the closing performance after all!! I have never been to a closing performance, and I look forward to it. My last time seeing the show *sniff*. Ah well, I knew it had to come eventually. I look forward to Sunday!

"Love the Art in Yourself. Not Yourself in the Art." -- Stanislavski

christhefish Profile Photo
christhefish
#97Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:33pm

this is very upsetting

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#98Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:45pm

I still think the first thread was deleted because the news hadn't officially been announced. Maybe I'm wrong, and you've got some inside info.

And Joe was definitely being sarcastic.

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#99Not fair not fair not fair!
Posted: 9/23/08 at 8:52pm

I am so upset by this. All I wanted to do was go back and see this with onstage seats. Last night I was able to get 3 for me, my sister, and her boyfriend. She LOVED it and really wanted to go back with me. We got tickets for Oct 4th... would have been a nice bday present too. We can't fit it in before Sunday, so getting the email from Telecharge made me upset Not fair not fair not fair!

::bust a move::

Videos