pixeltracker

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018- Page 47

FROZEN to Arrive on Broadway in Spring 2018

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1150FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:27am

^^Huh. I think that shot is gorgeous.

Everyone looks awesome! Smart they are saving Let It Go for Broadway when they hopefully have a real ice castle 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1151FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:52am

Who is this and what did they do to Patti? FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1152FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:57am

Call_me_jorge said: "Who is this and what did they do to Patti?FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway "

I'm getting serious Cristin Milioti vibes from this picture.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

deltatee Profile Photo
deltatee
#1153FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:12am

JennH said: "https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Welcome-to-Arendelle-First-Look-at-Broadway-Bound-FROZEN-in-Denver-20170914

I mean, it looks fine, nothing awe inspiring, but that one of the company in white...when someone mentioned that the company is basically playing snow....like come on, that REEKS of children's theatre, and is justas ridiculous as thecompany playing stone gargoyles in Hunchback, but even for that I could understand the choice as it's trying to accentuate Quasi's mental state, I just think it could have been done better. But this looksjust as silly as I thought it would be. This deserves way more than the "children's theatre, let's-put-on-a-show" almost juvenile kind staging. I've never been a fan of that kind of staging and design, never will be. Could they seriously not think of a way use effects rather than the cast themselves representing snow? It's another show suffering from an identity crisis. Some moments seems to work and SHOW the story, but others are seemflat and rely on TELLING.

I thought opening was tomorrow since tomorrow's the gala...guess not?
"

The scene where the company is wearing white is actually the most stunning scene in show.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1154FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:15pm

No plans to see it (I've never even seen the movie), but the reindeer looks amazing. 

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway

disneybroadwayfan22
#1155FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:48pm

I thought it was just me, noticing that "Patti" looks off in that picture. Why is there a stand-in lol

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1156FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 12:51pm

No F'ing way that's Murin.

VintageSnarker
#1157FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:01pm

Kristoff and Anna look a little lost in that snow scene. That's why the magenta and blue outfit she wore in the movie worked well. It popped against the background instead of blending in like the muted tones of the current costumes. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1158FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 2:23pm

VintageSnarker said: "Kristoff and Anna look a little lost in that snow scene. That's why the magenta and blue outfit she wore in the movie worked well. It popped against the background instead ofblending in like the muted tones of the current costumes."

I'm sure that's a lighting issue. I doubt they look lost with a follow spot.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

disneybroadwayfan22
#1159FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 3:08pm

The zooming of the picture doesn't help either

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#1161FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 3:31pm

That was a cute read. Honestly, I'm looking forward to its Broadway run so I can see the changes (hopefully) made to the show. My only gripes would have to be the ice castle and some of the rewrites, but judging from the production photos, the costumes are pretty and the ice bridge is impressive. 

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#1162FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 3:31pm

I wonder how much they paid him to write that^

JennH
#1163FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 4:49pm

I'd like to read the Reidel article...except it's not there anymore? It looks like it was taken down or something.

disneybroadwayfan22
#1164FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:39pm

Any reviews?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1165FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:40pm

It's still 8:40 in Denver. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22
#1166FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 10:50pm

Oh, that's right! Keep forgetting that

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1167FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:22pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "Here is Michael Riedel's coverage...
http://nypost.com/2017/09/14/first-look-at-frozen-the-musical-already-melting-hearts-in-previews/
"

Did this get removed? Link no longer works and I can't seem to find a Riedel Frozen piece on their website.

Itonlytakesajourney
#1168FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:27pm

phan24 said: "I wonder how much they paid him to write that^"

Lmao I was shocked that he seemed so positive. And the article was removed too. I wonder why...

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#1169FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:28pm

Itonlytakesajourney said: "phan24 said: "I wonder how much they paid him to write that^"

Lmao I was shocked that he seemed so positive. And the article was removed too. I wonder why...
"

I didn't get a chance to read it, but maybe it read too much like a review and they decided that since it hadn't actually officially opened they had to remove it. Thoughts?

Itonlytakesajourney
#1170FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/14/17 at 11:30pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Itonlytakesajourney said: "phan24 said: "I wonder how much they paid him to write that^"

"

I didn't get a chance to read it, but maybe it read too much like a review and they decided that since it hadn't actually officially opened they had to remove it. Thoughts?
"

It was probably that. The entire article was very much like a mini review, as he he pretty much gave each actor his own little summary. 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#1173FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:29am

So, I'd suspect the only thing changing is the Act 2 opener. I was hoping for more OOMF from this show. Oh well. I'll see it when I can get a cheap ticket. Otherwise, snooze. 

broadwayboy223
#1174FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
Posted: 9/15/17 at 12:30am

The NYT isn't that positive. And thank god someone said something critical about it. The Variety tried to normalize the act two sauna burlquesue number WTF. 

Videos