pixeltracker

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements- Page 48

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#1175HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 1:29pm

LizzieCurry said: "Marcus Choi!!"

The man is faaaine to look at. Excellent George Washington!

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

sparepart973
#1176HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 4:36pm

Does anyone know who will replace Joseph Morales as alternate Hamilton in Chicago? I saw him as well as Miguel Cervantes and wouldn't mind seeing someone new in June. 

QueenTwinnied
#1177HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 4:44pm

This is really exciting news! Shoba was fantastic in The Great Comet and Kyle was hilarious in The Color Purple. He will make a great Lafayette. 

I didn't get to see Nik Walker on Broadway, but I've heard nothing but great things about his performance. 

ja-gaciak
#1178HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 4:56pm

sparepart973 said: "Does anyone know who will replace Joseph Morales as alternate Hamilton in Chicago? I saw him as well asMiguel Cervantes and wouldn't mind seeing someone new in June."

Jimmie Jeter is taking over for Joseph. 

conealpetterson
#1179HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 6:36pm

I wonder when they will announce the new Hamilton and Burr for the Angelica tour?  I've heard great things about Ryan Vasquez in both roles.  I just really hope Ryan Alvarado isn't the new Hamilton. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1180HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 6:38pm

^sabrina sloan is the new angelica

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#1181HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 6:43pm

Call_me_jorge said: "^sabrina sloan is the new angelica"

That doesn't answer any of conealpatterson's questions.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1182HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/14/17 at 6:45pm

I read it as burr and Angelica for the tour.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

hamiltonstradition
#1183HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 7:54pm

Joshua Henry has departed I wonder who’s on?

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#1184HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 8:07pm

Can I just not find it, or is there no Burr listed?!

http://hamiltonmusical.com/us-tour/cast

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

conealpetterson
#1185HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 8:10pm

Ryan Vasquez went on as Burr yesterday.  I wonder if he will be the permanent replacement?

hamiltonstradition
#1186HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 8:28pm

Carl Clemons-Hopkins is the new Burr! https://instagram.com/p/BdN2aE5h820/

With the tour until 1/22.

Updated On: 12/27/17 at 08:28 PM

conealpetterson
#1187HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 8:37pm

In this tweet he said he is the standby Burr - so I am confused.  It would be nice if they would actually announce casting changes.  https://twitter.com/cch1816/status/945723515558281216

BroadwayConcierge
#1188HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 8:38pm

This show’s inability to announce cast changes is so annoying. I hate that we have to do social media sleuthing to figure things out.

hamiltonstradition
#1189HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 9:52pm

Why would there be just a standby for Burr??

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#1190HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 10:19pm

It might be a Burr/Washington/Mulligan+Madison cover, as most of the companies now have one. 

Regardless, Carl is one talented dude. I saw his Washington in Chicago and it was pretty fabulous.

hamiltonstradition
#1191HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/27/17 at 11:18pm

Ok so a reliable source has told me that they're going to be alternating, Ryan and Carl, until they find someone after the SD stop.

BroadwayConcierge
#1192HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/28/17 at 2:31am

Solea is definitely leaving the tour after LA: https://instagram.com/p/BdPD9m8lz_0/

dancejmd
#1193HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/29/17 at 7:34pm

I just saw the show last night in Los Angeles at Pantages and Ryan Alvarado was Burr and he was the WORST! It was a huge disapointment as this was the first time seeing the show, and I wasn't the only one. Everyone seated in front and behind me where wondering what was going on with him as he was clearly out of place. In the very first song he barely had any air in his voice and was overpowered by the ensemble. By the time he sang Wait For It, he literally spit several times toward the end of the song and audience members were moving and wincing hoping he wouldn't spit on them while singing. WHY DO THEY HAVE THIS ACTOR PERFORMING THIS MAJOR ROLE? He obviously can't handle it!

Sorry for the rant but it was very disapointing considering I've waited for so long to see this show and saved a lot of money to buy orchestra seats since I didn't win any lotteries.

Everyone else in the cast was fantastic. Ryan stuck out like a sore thumb. I hope management sees this post and realizes they need to made cast adjustments!

Updated On: 12/29/17 at 07:34 PM

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#1194HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/29/17 at 10:23pm

Do both Ryans cover Burr? Ryan Vasquez was on today for the matinee 

BroadwayConcierge
#1195HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/29/17 at 10:49pm

Sorry to hear about that experience, dancejmd.

Yes, thirtythirtyninety, both Ryans cover Burr (which is a little strange to me since Alvarado is the Hamilton alternate, but whatever). It's funny since I've heard nothing but raves for Vasquez in both roles, but total pans for Alvarado in either role.

conealpetterson
#1196HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 12:11am

It doesn’t surprise me that Ryan Alvarado was horrible as Burr because he was awful as Hamilton. All of my friends who saw him (theater people and non-theater people) complained about his performance. I am hoping he doesn’t become the principal Hamilton because he is very out of place with an otherwise talented cast. My friends saw Vasquez as Burr today and said he was wonderful.

Phantom4ever
#1197HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 12:18am

I thought Daniel Breaker was a fabulous Burr---better than BVD (way better) but not as good as Odom or Josh Henry. But still very good. 

James Monroe has grown into the role of TJ/Marquis. Last I saw, he was awkward and clearly uncomfortable in the costume. But this time he seemed more at ease. 

Javier Munoz was good but there were moments were he seemed short of breath and his face turned very red. But he still commanded the role. 

It was great to see Donald Webber in the ensemble cuz MAN OH MAN does he fill out that costume perrrrrrfectly but he was a sensation as Hamilton---the best Hamilton I've seen by far. I hope he gets to take over that role someday. 

I see people are saying the LA Burr is bad but the Chicago Burr- Gregory Treco, has got to be worse. He seemed so tired and checked out. The role really seemed like it was too much for him to take on. At least with BVD he had hints of attitude and stage presence. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Montego Glover as Angelica. She ruined Les Miz for me last year (or was it 2 years ago) so I was so nervous but she did a great job. 

Jordyn77
#1198HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 11:56am

conealpetterson said: "It doesn’t surprise me that Ryan Alvarado was horrible as Burr because he was awful as Hamilton. All of my friends who saw him (theater people and non-theater people) complained about his performance. I am hoping he doesn’t become the principal Hamilton because he is very out of place with an otherwise talented cast. My friends saw Vasquez as Burr today and said he was wonderful."

As someone who has seen Vasquez as Hamilton, Burr and Washington and Alvarado as Hamilton and Burr, I fully agree with the sentiment above.  Vasquez is great at all three roles with his Burr characterization among my favorite of all of the Burrs I've seen.  Alvarado lacks the vocal range, presence and intent needed for Burr.  His Wait for It got very tepid applause, which is unfortunate as it should be a highlight.  Alvarado's Hamilton is so low-energy, you don't believe anyone would have followed his lead or he poses a real threat to Burr/Jefferson, etc.

BroadwayConcierge
#1199HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
Posted: 12/30/17 at 12:04pm

I think (perhaps over-optimistically) that we can expect an announcement next week in terms of tour casting. Julia Harriman posted on Instagram that her time as the Schuyler sister standby is not for long.

Videos