Britney on Broadway...

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#100re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 5:56pm

Who next, Paris Hilton?

Maybe they can change the ending to Paris dying like she did in the HOUSE OF WAX film... Mwuhahahah...

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#101re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:00pm

ljay, I don't quite believe it yet until it's reported by Playbill or Broadway.com or here...I still find it hard to believe they'd cast a 23-year-old as Charity...

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#102re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:02pm

I'll believe it when i see it. This would be so hilarious if all this fuss was made and nothing came of it. I say make Rosie Perez Charity!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#103re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:03pm

Oh, I know Rath. It's definitely not official. But I believe they are DEFINITELY in talks with Britney.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#104re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:03pm

Aren't there any stars who are even close to the right age who they can exploit?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#105re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:05pm

Well there were the Melanie Griffith and Gloria Estefan rumors.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#106re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:05pm

Well the original rumors were Gloria Estefan, Melanie Griffith, and Goldie Hawn.

Who all are obviously more age appropiate.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#107re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:06pm

YEs, but it's about the ticket sales. If a fetus sold tickets, they'd cast it.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#108re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:09pm

And the three of them put together wouldn't come close to selling the tix that Britney would.

Sharon Lawrence was mentioned earlier - damn, she'd be great. I know, I know - wouldn't sell tickets.

I'm surprised they haven't cast Rosie.

Updated On: 11/18/05 at 06:09 PM

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#109re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:10pm

Have they been losing money on Charity, and just desperate to make it back in a week?

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#110re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:16pm

Awwwww. I want to see the fetus do it.

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

broadwaybelter Profile Photo
broadwaybelter
#111re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:19pm

please dont let her step foot on a broadway stage, it would only make me hurt myself

gavrochegirl
#112re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:19pm

Dear god, NO!

What the puck?!

Jordan_P_N Profile Photo
Jordan_P_N
#113re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:20pm

Didn't you all hear? Britney is taking over for Shoshana when she leaves "Wicked"

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#114re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:22pm

Well now Shoshana will be the second most untalented person on Broadway.

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#115re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:24pm

Okay THAT was funny!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#116re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:30pm

Britney is not coming back to Off/Broadway...unless to star in "The great american trailer park musical" LOL

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Jordan_P_N Profile Photo
Jordan_P_N
#117re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:30pm

Really? I would have said Stephanie J. Block. I think Shoshana is AMAZING!

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#118re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:31pm

Well now Shoshana will be the second most untalented person on Broadway.
-----

LOL. I love Bobby.

tagiunagi
#119re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:32pm

I don't see why people complain about Britney's lack of singing when we all know that Christina isn't a singer by any means. Even if Britney doesn't sing or act the part well, she'll dance a hell of a lot better than Christina. I promise Britney can live up to the original choreography.

Whether you like it or not, the current revival won't get a no-name as the star. Heck, it won't get a big Broadway name in the lead cuz the Weisslers know they need a HUGE name to get them out of this train wreck of a show.

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#120re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:33pm

I would bet Christina has trained in dance just as much as Britney.

Christina trained for over 20 years since she was very little. She might not have danced professionally until Charity. But she is still a dancer.

And comparing Britney's vocals to the vocals of Christina's I heard like 2 weeks ago live. I would say Christina is just as a good vocally.
Updated On: 11/18/05 at 06:33 PM

tagiunagi
#121re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:35pm

I know that Britney will be able to handle the choreography better than Christina.

Question: Will Esparza win for The Homecoming? BobbyBubby: I hope so. If only for the mental health of many people on this board.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#122re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:36pm

That's great. Would you like an award?

re: Britney on Broadway...

Christina is a fantastic actress, and can act circles around Brit. Updated On: 11/18/05 at 06:36 PM

tagiunagi
#123re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:37pm

I'm just saying Britney will be better than Christina.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#124re: Britney on Broadway...
Posted: 11/18/05 at 6:39pm

well...i think ur right tangiani...neither Britney or Christina can sing...anyhow....i doubt they will get Britney to star a show on Broadway, and yes...even tho i dislike Britney and think she should never think about returning to the theatre...the girl is an ok dancer.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Videos